How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
New Q&A - http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/big-ant-cricket/big-ant-career-mode-84355-16.html#post2513697

Originally our career mode was to be team/player management based however after a lot of trial and error, and feedback from focus groups, we decided that the career mode needed to be player centric as the team model just wasn?t enough fun for the majority of those who played it. So it's a bit more like "be a pro".

So... here's the bullet points from the game in a raw form:

* You play as One Player - Name Him and Alter his Appearance, give him a nationality and set attributes

* You give your player a Role - batter, bowler, batting all rounder, bowling all rounder

* You start as a 16 year old and go for 20 years

* You are offered Contracts each year with performance related bonuses

* There are 5 Ranks that you must climb - ultimately playing for your International Team

* Skills are increased by playing the game well, or decreased by playing badly, as your skill level increases so will your rank, your rank can also decrease as well.

* Match Types and Lengths of matches increase as your rank increases - with Test Matches only happening in Rank 5

* The game will simulate up until your participation point in any given match, you will also be able to drop in and field as yourself if you wish, or continue to simulate at any time.

* Money you earn is used as a High Score on an Online Leaderboard

* There is also a unique First Person View (as well as 3rd person), we have even integrated Oculus with the PC version and it was awesome, it felt like you were there!!

johnnysmith

School Cricketer
Awesome. Can't wait Ross, you guys are amazing!
Will we have to train our player up or will we just gain experience from playing?

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
Ross, you're more of a tease than my girlfriend in a schoolgirl outfit!
Give the game a release date already and put us out of our misery!

umosay

Club Captain
Nice. Can we play as one player in a game outside career? (and first person cam?)

karthik kamath

Club Captain
Wow.. Be a pro career mode in cricket game is a dream come true.. Will be buying this game day 1 :D can't wait to get my hands on the game :D thanks big ant studios :cheers

AtOmX

County Cricketer
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
thanks for the info Ross :cheers .,are there any cut scenes when a player joins a International team.,Should we buy the Oculus gadget to feel the same :eek:

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
* The game will simulate up until your participation point in any given match, you will also be able to drop in and field as yourself if you wish, or continue to simulate at any time.

If i'm being honest Ross I am slightly disappointed by this. I prefer to manage a team as a whole not just 1 player.

Simulating the match until its your turn to bowl takes away the fun. You could be a part time spinner lets say and only bowl a couple of overs in a match.

jovey

School Cricketer
Oh my goodness, this sounds pretty amazing! Thank you! I guess dreams do come true afterall XD
Just a question though, will the game always simulate or could you possibly play as the rest of the team as well? I wouldn't really mind either as I can play as the rest of the team while playing other game modes, but just wondering.

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
Oh I'm sorry I just jizzed in my pants.

angad

Chairman of Consent
Ross,
The career mode sounds AWESOME!!! IT sounds way better than a team career mode, as really, a career mode is all about a single person, rather than the whole team, as that is more like a Manager mode!!!

A few questions I had:

a) Can you be appointed as the captain if everything goes well, or do you remain a player throughout
b) Do you get dropped from matches if you dont play well.
c) Losing ranking means you can be dropped from the test team if you dont play well and then you go back to playing domestic competitions?
d) Do you start playing for the international team as soon as you reach their rank, or are you first kept in as the 12th man etc?
e) How is the batting/bowling order decided. Does the AI captain decides this, or do we need to decide that?
f) How is the field placement decided. Does the AI captain decides this, or do we need to decide that?
g) Do you get dropped on the basis of 2 or 3 bad performances, or does it depend on consistent bad performances. E.g if you score a century on debut, are you given more chances to prove yourself, than say a person who made a duck on debut?
h) Is how well/bad you played determined by how you play based on the situation of the match (e.g. a match saving innings to draw a test match, a quickfire 30 to take the team home from a hopeless situation), or is it just based on how many runs you score, wickets you take irrespective of the match situation?
i) Domestic matches are also played over 5 days, so we would not have those in this game? I mean, I dont mind that, as I can understand that you want to reward a player for achieving the high rank, but still wanted to know if the domestic games can be played for 5 days.
j) Is it possible for a player to play for an international side within a year of starting the career? Also if he does that, would he struggle in the beginning if he did not get his stats high enough to be able to compete for an international match?

Last edited:

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
u mean like be a coach

Yes, similar to FIFA in which you select players, buy/sell players, control every player in a match.

Personally I've never been a fan of ''Be A Pro''.

Users who are viewing this thread