MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Just to help kickstart the slow trickle, here's something Ross just posted on the Big Ant forums:

I am not saying anything about the licenses we have at this point but I will say that we have some *very* special enhancements for user generated things that will be able to be shared across all platforms.

There will be an Academy, and like last time it will be released prior to the game, it will have playable elements and will allow sharing of all the previous stuff plus much more.

Also:
There will definitely be a Steam release of the game, indeed there will be an Academy via Steam to help us get the community involved in the development.

Last edited:

sohail

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Oooooh lovely tidbit there from Ross. I'm really interested cross sharing of content! We finally get kits for consoles now

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Nice way to start off the journey..Excited..:D

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Loved this post from the BA forum so sharing it here...Was Ross' reply to the new year post he posted on FB...

I'll clarify, a little :) - to me a giant leap forward would be the same leap as last time again. Expect a much more polished presentation and a very deep game.

Last edited:

Fantazm

County Cricketer
Selfishly as a pc player I'd prefer it as it is now than to spend cash on licenses. They usually lead to things not being able to be edited.

Having mods able to be cross-platform would be brilliant for the consolers though.

Cloud Starkman

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Loved this post from the BA forum so sharing it here...Was Ross' reply to the new year post he posted on FB...

I'll clarify, a little :) - to me a giant leap forward would be the same leap as last time again. Expect a much more polished presentation and a very deep game.
No it was from a question I asked Ross about getting the uniforms and bats that the PC community had created added to consoles and about DBC 16 not really needing to have licencing as the acadamy is excellent as is

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
No it was from a question I asked Ross about getting the uniforms and bats that the PC community had created added to consoles and about DBC 16 not really needing to have licencing as the acadamy is excellent as is
Funnyadit's talking about a different post.

Probably best that everyone links to sources when quoting.

MaccaJay

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Hopefully there isn't an ashes cricket 16 stealing licenses and making a terrible game this time

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
admittedly the information is very little at this stage but what's encouraging here is the scale of ambition - not just a more polished iteration but another leap forward.

i hope it can be achieved, but equally i hope the ambitions are realistic and chasing a unicorn doesn't impact on the fundamentals: DBC14 got so much bang on but because something as fundamental as bowling to the AI was not up to the mark it was difficult to just "play a game of cricket". that's what i'm looking for in the next one: that the majority of my long form matches are completed without feeling like a chore.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Probably best that everyone links to sources when quoting.

Probably best Ross just comes here and posts saving citation time...

Given that there's no Ashes series, I'd think that highly unlikely.

Stranger things have literally happened...

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hopefully there isn't an ashes cricket 16 stealing licenses and making a terrible game this time

While I can't comment on the "terribleness" of any unreleased game, I doubt there will be much, if any, licencing as game companies tend to hoard those regardless of whether they want to release a game or not. Would imagine there would be some multi-year arrangement so I wouldn't hold your breath...

Chief

Panel of Selectors
game companies tend to hoard those regardless of whether they want to release a game or not. Would imagine there would be some multi-year arrangement so I wouldn't hold your breath...

There's only really *one* company that can afford to do that that makes sports games. :-)
Others vary from deal to deal - sometimes it's a one-off event that is licensed, sometimes it's a longer running deal.

Users who are viewing this thread