2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Match 4
England(Me) vs West Indies(AI)
Trent Bridge, England

1st Innings Highlights

2nd Innings Highlights

Match Notes :
England vs West Indies, first encounter in this K.O Cup between two heavy weights. Since this is the T20 format and with Dwayne Bravo,Gayle, Holder, Samuels, West Indies look very threatening. England on the other side in recent times have played good, aggressive limited overs cricket. With Roy and Hales as the two aggressors opening the innings it will truly be a fight between two heavy weights. Having said one of the team will unfortunately be eliminated. Who will it be? West Indies won the toss and elected to bowl first. James Taylor in the commentary box said it was a shocking decision as this pitch has nothing to offer and putting runs on board would crucial

1st Innings

Jason Roy and Alex Hales came out to bat for England. Shanon Gabriel had the new ball for West Indies. From ball number one it was clear that there is nothing in the pitch, good bounce of the ball and no demons. Hales and Roy quickly reached 29 runs in no time before Hales was dismissed. In came the modern day great Joe Root. Roy was having an absolute blast. He was smashing everything that was thrown at him to the boundary or over it. Root on the other hand played a similar kind of innings. At the end of powerplay England were strongly placed at 65 for 1. Roy and Root reached 50 partnership of just 26 deliveries. At the half way stage England had already added 49 more runs in just 4 overs leaving England's score to 114/1 in 10 overs. Roy scored 60(30) and Root was on 47. Both continued batting aggressively and England were looking to score big. Roy and Root reached 100 partnership in just 56 deliveries. Jerome Taylor finally got rid of Jason Roy who was so closed to his 100. Taylor bowled Roy for 84(44). At the end of 15th over England were 175 for 2. Bishoo in his 4th over bowled such beautiful deliveries and put a small break on scoring. Root who showed his aggression throughout the match tried to up the ante and lost his wicket to Bishoo on 89(44). England had two batsman out in 80's missing out centuries. Moeen Ali in the end scored 30 runs of Andre Russell's 20th over. That sumed up how West Indies had bowled. England put up a mammouth of a total 246/5 in 20 overs.

2nd Innings

247 to win in 120 deliveries with Chris Gayle opening the innings. On paper it looked very difficult but with Gayle anything was possible. West Indies innings did not get off on a right way as Johnson departed in the first over itself. West Indies were 4/1 at the end of 1st over. All eyes were on Samuels and Gayle who have achieved great feats for West Indies in past. Having Ali open the bowling was good captaincy from Morgan. Anderson was the new bowler in. His first over had almost put a full stop on West Indies innings as Samuels first and then Dwayne Bravo, both were caught behind. West Indies now struggling on 10/3 in 1.5 overs. Gayle look threatening in some parts but looked completely out of form. He was not able to time properly but along with Charles quieitly put on 31 runs partnership before Ali was reintroduced broke the partnership. Charles departed on 12(10). West Indies 41/4. Braithwaite was the new man in. Ben Stokes was given the 7th over and he built so much pressure on Braithwaite that he succummbed as he chiped one lose shot on the leg. West Indies 53/5 in 7 overs. Russel was the new man in and along with Gayle played some good shots and built partnership. Both had given up as the asking rate climbed up. 50 partnership for both in 43 deliveries. Soon after the 50 partnership Russel was out. Holder came in and hit few boundaries but in the end England's 246 was way too much even for a dangerous team like West Indies. Although Gayle remained not-out on 73(54), more was expected from him. West Indies are the first big team to be eliminated and England will now face another heavy weight in the Quarters New Zealand.

My two cents : The pitch was dead when I started batting and run scoring became difficult to good balls. I had hoped AI bat more aggressively but I think like real life only Gayle batted well (which would be the case 7/10 times whereas team chasing 240ish would falter) but others just couldnt cope up with the pressure. West Indies did score 168 runs in the end but if they would have bowled better who knows? I would like AI to be more aggressive knowing its a total of 240 runs.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Have updated the opening post as usual with all the links to the match posts. Up next two Asian heavyweights Bangladesh vs Pakistan. Will be really interesting.

ratesaread

Club Cricketer
Statistics & K.O Bracket

Updated Knockout Tournament Bracket after 3 matches.

View attachment 179518

Highest Run Scorer

751947.html

Team - Sri Lanka
Name - Dimuth Karunaratne
Runs Scored - 126(78)
Highest - 126(78) vs Afghanistan

Highest Wicket Taker

575989.html

Team - Sri Lanka
Name - Amila Aponso
Wickets - 3

Completed Matches

Match 1 - Afghanistan vs Sri Lanka - Sri Lanka won by 46 runs
Match 2 - Kenya vs Namibia - Kenya won by 6 wickets
Match 3 - Hong Kong vs New Zealand - New Zealand won by 14 runs
Match 4 - England vs West Indies - England won by 78 runs

Upcoming Matches

Match 5 - Bangladesh vs Pakistan
Match 6 - India vs Netherlands
Match 7 - Ireland vs Nepal
Match 8 - Australia vs South Africa

Quarter-Final 1 - Sri Lanka vs Kenya
Quarter-Final 2 - New Zealand vs Match 4 winner
Quarter-Final 3 - Match 5 winner vs Match 6 winner
Quarter-Final 4 - Match 7 winner vs Match 8 winner

Semi Finals 1 - QF1 winner vs QF2 winner
Semi Finals 2 - QF3 winner vs QF4 winner

Finals - SF1 winner vs SF2 winner

Some great stuff there. What difficulty are you playing on?

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Some great stuff there. What difficulty are you playing on?
I am playing on Medium Medium batting and bowling with Pro. Not good with batting yet :p

ratesaread

Club Cricketer
I am playing on Medium Medium batting and bowling with Pro. Not good with batting yet :p
In competition mode it only allows me to select from among easiest, easy, medium, hard and hardest settings in the pre-match screen; can't find Pro, Legend, etc. Or am I missing something?

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
In competition mode it only allows me to select from among easiest, easy, medium, hard and hardest settings in the pre-match screen; can't find Pro, Legend, etc. Or am I missing something?
You can select the difficult in game in settings.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Bump!

Coming up next is Pakistan take on Bangladesh. It will be a home game for Bangladesh and will be really interesting how this pans out. I am really confused whom should I play with. I am leaning towards Bangladesh, but the recent years real life fan support in some cases wants me to play as Pakistan :p . I have nothing against both teams personally. I think since it is in Bangladesh and given recent years performance of Bangladesh, for a change Pakistan will go in as an under dog perhaps?

Help me decide guys whom should I play as? @blockerdave @funnyadit @DAP @laxsidd @Gravity. ?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Bump!

Coming up next is Pakistan take on Bangladesh. It will be a home game for Bangladesh and will be really interesting how this pans out. I am really confused whom should I play with. I am leaning towards Bangladesh, but the recent years real life fan support in some cases wants me to play as Pakistan :p . I have nothing against both teams personally. I think since it is in Bangladesh and given recent years performance of Bangladesh, for a change Pakistan will go in as an under dog perhaps?

Help me decide guys whom should I play as? @blockerdave @funnyadit @DAP @laxsidd @Gravity. ?

always play as the lower rated team... more fun :)

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Bump!

Pakistan!

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers