India Team Discussion

Neo 7

National Board President
India
Avengers
Praising other team player's talent is wrong. Supporting other team is wrong. He supports the game. Just because he is Indian doesn't mean he has to praise India.

Praise other teams also but don't praise them too much than your own country players[DOUBLEPOST=1487354259][/DOUBLEPOST]
That's why those who speak right always get disrespected.

With this I totally agree , as @CerealKiller just disrespected someone :D

Neo 7

National Board President
India
Avengers
If they were performing better they deserve the praise. ( In my calm voice).

You got it :thumbs
Yeah , when our players are performing too bad , then the other team needs to be appreciated more than ours .......

Saroj padhy

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
Praise other teams also but don't praise them too much than your own country players..

There is nothing like your player my player, your country my country..
It's not that players fault that he has talent.. And he deserves to be respected.. Doesn't matter whether he belongs to India, Australia, South Africa, or even Pakistan.
We should respect the game & player if he is good enough to get praised..

Last edited:

Saroj padhy

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
:lol:D and your Dhoni comment was expected too from your side.
Before making that comment I was sure that I will face some comments from members like you..
There are few more who are eagerly waiting to point out something wrong in my comment...

Who cares :lol ?? .... Ignore !!!

B

Bigby Wolf

[QUOTE="Saroj padhy, post: 3128224, member: 158113" Ignore !!![/QUOTE]

skysports-chris-jericho-wwe-raw-wrestling_3844499.jpg

Well you're already on the list!

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
BigB and MSD shared their views - right or wrong doesn't matter because this is their opinion. If this is what led to BCCI kicking out Harsha, then the blame should be on BCCI completely and not BigB/MSD.

I personally do not agree with BigB's views on this and fully agree with Bhogle's response to that tweet. An international broadcast needs to be neutral and present a complete picture of the game, not a skewed one. If NZ is performing better than India, then that is that. NZ should get praise and Indian players should be criticized for a poor show.

B

Bigby Wolf

BigB and MSD shared their views - right or wrong doesn't matter because this is their opinion. If this is what led to BCCI kicking out Harsha, then the blame should be on BCCI completely and not BigB/MSD.

I personally do not agree with BigB's views on this and fully agree with Bhogle's response to that tweet. An international broadcast needs to be neutral and present a complete picture of the game, not a skewed one. If NZ is performing better than India, then that is that. NZ should get praise and Indian players should be criticized for a poor show.
Was Virat Kohli behind Harsha Bhogle's exit from commentary team?
Now comes another chapter in the story Kohli and Vijay - if this is the reason then Harsha is clearly a victim of being a non cricketer commentator. I did read somewhere that he also had a tussle with the Nagpur curator after the Ind - Nz match in last years wt20.

Harsha Bhogle Finally Opens up About His Last-Minute IPL Sacking – NDTV Sports

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Read a lot on this. There is actually no proof whatsoever on what actually happened. The only thing to go on is that once upon a time there were "reports" that some senior players were unhappy with Harsha's comments. And those two tweets from BigB and MSD.

Who were those senior players? How influential were they in making BCCI fire someone from the commentary team? Why would BCCI listen to Amitabh Bachchan ? All plain guess work and recycled journalism from the media

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
But what's really interesting is that Harsha isn't the first commentator to get BCCI's boot. Here are a few examples, from the recent past, which point towards a dangerous trend emerging in Indian cricket, where the Board seems to be deciding what a commentator must and musn't say on air. In 2012, Arun Lal was dropped from the Indian commentary panel for allegedly doing commentary in the Bangladesh Premier League, a direct competition for the IPL. In 2013, Sanjay Manjrekar was dropped as commentator for the India-Australia series despite having a contract with the official broadcaster for allegedly criticising BCCI president N Srinivasan and IPL CEO Sundar Raman during a webcast. The same year, Kiwi Danny Morrison and South African HD Ackerman were sacked from IPL commentary after they introduced Virat Kohli as India's captain-in-waiting at a time when questions were being raised about MS Dhoni's leaderships. Three years ago, renowned Australian commentator Ian Chappell refused to do commentary for the India-Australia series after his contract didn't allow him to talk about team selection, DRS or administrative matters.

Clearly BCCI is the issue. Bringing in players and Amitabh Bachchan seems to be all random guessing

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Cricket fans, specially Indian fans are the worst treated sports audience in the world. I have been following F1 from 1994, and forums complain day and night about things which are at least 20-30 years away from Cricket. The TV coverage is un-biased and absolutely brilliant, yet there is an effort every year to improve. Drivers can complain all they want, a journalist reserves the right to ask whatever he wants.

Amitabh Bachchan may be a legend in the movies but he should shut up about cricket.

For me, Bhogle is the Benaud of Indian cricket commentary.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Amitabh Bachchan may be a legend in the movies but he should shut up about cricket.

Why should he shut up about cricket ? As a fan and a cricket follower, he has as much right to talk about cricket as you or me.

And Bhogle actually is one of the good ones out there. Otherwise, I have no sympathy for most of the journos who push the limits of their rights "to ask whatever they want". And at the same time sell out their "ideals" when it comes to interviewing big personalities who intimidate them and their livelihood. Case in point, Arnab Goswami who would go berserk everyday on his news show and turned into a scaredy cat, sticking to the "script" when he got that exclusive interview with Mr. Modi.

Users who are viewing this thread