Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurtkz

Game Developer
hmm some quick questions:

1. is that a T20?
2. is the AI leaving balls or can he not pierce the field?
3. does he try to hit over the top?
4. does he move around the crease?

Allrounder18

Banned
hmm some quick questions:

1. is that a T20?
2. is the AI leaving balls or can he not pierce the field?
3. does he try to hit over the top?
4. does he move around the crease?

1)Yes
2)Not leaving but cant pierce field
3)Not in the first 4 overs but then YES and more often they get caught on the boundaries
4)Yes they move their feet before playing the shot (not 100% sure what do you mean by that)

BTW here is the update to that match
AUS scored 119/8 in 20 overs and here is my observation
1)AI cant play moving ball be it spin or pace there was itsy bitsy movement as the pitch was in late 40s but still there were lots of edges and bowled/LBWs in the first 4 overs also AI doesnt slog in the first 4 overs.
2)Cant pierce field specially against spin bowling.
3)Once the pace bowlers movement gone they play decently but still often gets out on boundaries trying to slog.

Allrounder18

Banned
BTW have you incorporated edges in the middle overs against pacers (i-e after the new ball effect) ? I havent seen a single edge yet in all those matches since I start playing this game.

kurtkz

Game Developer
fantastic feedback thanks! i'll see if i have some time tonight for some changes.[DOUBLEPOST=1427389033][/DOUBLEPOST]you can edges but its difficult. i'll see if i can tweak that too.

Allrounder18

Banned
One way to balance things out is to make AI potent against small movement and vulnerable against big movement , then the seam adjusment will play its part so that not every bowl will result in big movement hence Ai will survive but then when it gets big movement Ai will be in trouble (and rightly so) it will be more rewarding to edge/bowled/lbw an AI batsment this way.

Last edited:

kurtkz

Game Developer
The problem is that edges aren't determined only by the amount of swing/movement - it's a combination of factors, the most important of which is how close it actually is to the edge (that plays a much bigger role). I'll see what I can do though.

Allrounder18

Banned
The problem is that edges aren't determined only by the amount of swing/movement - it's a combination of factors, the most important of which is how close it actually is to the edge (that plays a much bigger role). I'll see what I can do though.
hmm you mean feet movement?[DOUBLEPOST=1427397886][/DOUBLEPOST]PM me your skype id we will chat on weekends
Thanks.

kurtkz

Game Developer
OK - new small patch:

- more AI tweaks
- increased chances of getting edges off "in" batsmen
- increased AI aggression in must-hit situations

Allrounder18

Banned
v2.231 report

1)Aus scored 122/9 in 20 overs on pro.
2)Not a single edge in entire match (pitch was in late 40s and spin and bounce late 50s)
3)Played too many dots (around 20 balls) from 15-20 overs (16 and 17 overs were maiden on the trott against pacers)
4)Cant find gaps against spin unless they slog to get boundaries or singles (as they play on top of the infielder to get to outfielder) but slogging against spin mostly result in being caught at boundary (even though there were only 2 fielders on the boundary during entire match yet the AI tried to clear the deep cover fielder only and lost about 5 wkts there)
5)Not a single play and miss/edge/bowled/lbw against spin bowling.
6)AI only play cover drive/backfoot cover drive when slogging trying to clear deep cover ,havent seen play any other slog shot yet.
7)Rarely finds gaps against pacers but it is slightly better compare to spinners.

Allrounder18

Banned
Recomendations.
1)Can you increase the edge/bowled/lbws probability in middle overs (against both spin and pace) while reducing the slog that result in out probability as currently the only way to take wkt in middle overs is when AI gets caught while slogging (got one LBW too due to poor AI shot selection)
2)Improve shot selection for AI against both spin and pace so they could find gaps
3)Increase AI probability to find gaps
4)Improvement to AI aggression
5)Make AI take quick singles throughout the innings by intelligent batting (combination of good shot selection and gap finding ability, 70% of the current dot balls should have been converted in to singles and doubles since it was a t20 match)

Allrounder18

Banned
One more thing I would like to add is the shot power of unsettled batsmen (both user and AI) which is very low at the start ,it is one of the reason why AI bat slow in the inital overs, however it holds true for classical style of cricket but in modern cricket players like Gayle ,Devilliars ,Warner can whack it from ball one , I think shot power should be increased in addition to gap finding ability.
One more thing is the shot selection currently AI only have one or two shots for similar kind of deliveries and if you block those shots by placing a fielder there then AI have no option to get runs they just keep hitting to those fielders , I think in modern cricket players have so many shots they can choose and innovate batting this should be add to the game as well for eg for an outswinger just outside off stump AI can play frontfoot/backfoot cover drive , late cut , square drive , whack it over mid wkt , On drive that is a total of 6 shots , surely user wouldnt be able to cover all those gaps then.

kurtkz

Game Developer
Yeah, I actually found some bugs in the AI :( I think I fixed most of them last night, but like you said I still need to fix up the shot selection. It's because they try to pick the shot that gives them the biggest gap in the field, but then struggle to actually place the shot which means they end up playing it straight to the fielder. Also found a fielding bug which created super fielders that reacted as soon as the ball hit the bat :facepalm

Will try to get a patch out later today if I get some time otherwise tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread