Votes: 3 18.8%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 13 81.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Karachi

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Fun Fact: This is going to be the first world cup final since 1992 where a South Asian team is not going to play.

1992: Pakistan (Winner)
1996: Sri Lanka (Winner)
1999: Pakistan (Runner Up)
2003: India (Runner Up)
2007: Sri Lanka (Runner Up)
2011: India (Winner) vs. Sri Lanka (Runner Up)

Almost 2 decades of World Cup final presence.

On the other note; GOOD LUCK BLACK CAPS !!! Pakistan would be supporting you.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
So when was the last time NEW ZEALAND played a ODI in AUS ????

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
As a Scot, supporting a plucky small country against its much bigger and more arrogant rival is the totally natural thing to do

So I hope New Zealand crush them

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
So when was the last time NEW ZEALAND played a ODI in AUS ????

Not sure, because Australia stopped returning our calls when we started winning again, especially in that Test series. But we've had a pretty decent record of late at the MCG (I think the last time we played we won and it was Elliott, ironically, who got us across the line) but history and stuff like that matters naught in the big games.

If Australia come at us with that bully mentality and we shrug it off like in Eden Park, we'll go long in the game. If we start to bite back in the small moments that's where we'll lose it. I have no doubt the message from McCullum and Hesson will be play our game, not Australias. The smartest thing Clarke can do is have Johnson run in, turn around after the delivery and walk straight back to his mark. If they start to get mouthy, we're in with a chance...

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Not sure, because Australia stopped returning our calls when we started winning again, especially in that Test series. But we've had a pretty decent record of late at the MCG (I think the last time we played we won and it was Elliott, ironically, who got us across the line)

Yup Elliot won the match for you at MCG

2008–09 (Last Time You Played a ODI series in Aus)
2011–12 (Last Time You Played a TEST series in Aus)

S

Satan666

Apparently the Indian fans have migrated towards NZ, just saw a favourite mod of mines throwing his support towards NZ, think I may shift allegiance towards Australia!

Sami Kumar

Zananiya da Cheetah
PAK...
The Boys
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Both teams were expected to meet in the final, I think Australia have the advantage of playing it at the MCG .But New Zealand are still unbeaten in the World Cup. I'm backing New Zealand & I hope they lift the trophy for the first time, they deserve it.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
Is it Sunday already?...

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
Australia deserved the win. Clarkes 310no was amazing.

namin96

Club Captain
Apparently the Indian fans have migrated towards NZ, just saw a favourite mod of mines throwing his support towards NZ, think I may shift allegiance towards Australia!

I'm desperately rooting for NZ because I simply want the Aussies to experience what billion of Indian supporters and players experienced yesterday. I want NZ cause heart breaks for AUS. The India loss still stings especially because I love India and I always want them to win.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
I simply want the Aussies to experience what billion of Indian supporters and players experienced yesterday

Your team giving up the chase about 20 overs in? Whilst NZ appreciates your support, kinda hoping it stems from "NZ have earned the win" rather than "Anyone but Australia"

I just hope the best team wins, on the day. Hopefully that team is NZ, we'll find out in 25 hours or so...

grkrama

National Board President
clarke has announced retirement after this final, to me he has always been giving his heart out in matches type player, he has always been struggling with his back if not for that, the guy would have smashed more records. Anyway top stuff pup, hope this gives you more years in tests, he stands out for me cause he did the hard yard of sticking with the team when loosing carrying the burden never quitting, while lehman will take a lot of credit for getting this bunch back to the top, clarke did a lot too coming in transition and seeing through it.

Michael Clarke to quit ODIs after World Cup final | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

while clark hasn't fired this tournament there is every chance he will make the big day his like MSD did for ind last time around. Going to be a battle and two gentlemen vettori and clark in their last odi match each team trying to claim a gift for them.

Users who are viewing this thread