Pakistan tour of Bangladesh 2015

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
For someone who has followed cricket for much of his life, this has got to be one of the most embarrassing moments for a major test playing nation against a "lesser" team. In fact, it's not even a moment, it is a sustained humiliation.

Now, I'm sure the Pakistanis here could inform me about the situation but to me, some of the selection just seems ridiculous, bringing back players who haven't batted in an ODI game for years against Bangladesh, a very good home ODI side. It just doesn't make sense to me and then going into matches with 4 full time bowlers? One of whom is on the come back trail.

What is happening?

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I dont see how is this is worse than BD blanking out NZ in their last two home ODI series. BD are proving that home ODIs is one place where they can no longer be taken lightly. Blanked out NZ 3-0 and 4-0. Beat WI 3-2. Beat ZIM 3-1 and 5-0. Almost came close to pulling off wins against India in that 3 match series, but came up against some freak performances by Binny and co.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I think the key mistakes by pakistan were the selectors bringing in too many youngsters at the same time and playing with only four regular bowlers in the first two ODIs, plus obviously bangladesh playing superbly

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Wow, brave move. Ajmal left out
--

quite a horrible review by Pakistan :|

PokerAce

Banned
Hi, I am not following the series, mostly just the scores, and BD have done exceptionally well. It is one thing to beat a weak Kiwi side in a phase in which they were in slumber, in conditions that were alien to them. However to pull one over Pakistan in conditions not exactly new to Pakistan is quite another thing entirely.

What has happened here though? I was impressed with BD and what they did in the WC, and is this a case of them really kicking on from there and finally taking the next step up ... or is a case of Pakistan having sent in a side just too damn inexperienced to beat anyone, even BD.

I did see Afridi playing the T20 in the little bit I saw of the game, so don't really know if inexperience claims are correct. So which is it?

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Its a little bit of both IMO. Pakistan's side is light on experience for sure. Especially their bowlers never looked like troubling the BD batsman. At the same time, this BD team looks fresh, rejuvenated and most importantly they seem to believe that they can now starting getting into a winning habit. I had stated an example earlier of the BD-England WC encounter. In the past, if BD were even given a 20-30% chance of pulling off a win against a Test team they would have faltered under the burden of expectations. But this team seems very keen on reversing that trend. They are grabbing any chance that's coming their way and its great to see that. Plus, they have a talented bunch of cricketers in the squad now.

Santander

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Pakistan showing their class today. Bangladesh need to find something else if they want to bowl out Pakistan on this wicket with Younis Khan and Misbah still to bat.

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
I dont see how is this is worse than BD blanking out NZ in their last two home ODI series. BD are proving that home ODIs is one place where they can no longer be taken lightly. Blanked out NZ 3-0 and 4-0. Beat WI 3-2. Beat ZIM 3-1 and 5-0. Almost came close to pulling off wins against India in that 3 match series, but came up against some freak performances by Binny and co.

none of those teams have been as highly rated as pakistan in the last 15 years or so. Pakistan shouldn't be losing to the likes of Bangladesh, how or away.

Having said that, all those losses were also lowest points for all those teams lol

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
Are Bangladesh's fast bowling stocks so bad that Shahadat Hossain had to start? But credit to Younus and Azhar Ali, both had reprieves and made full use of them. Misbah now has the platform to unleash his stroke-range.

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
Absolutely some of the flattest pitches of all time, I assume Bangladesh will score 2000 in response.

Santander

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Pakistan is definitely in control again and I can't see them losing this time.

Users who are viewing this thread