English Football Thread 2014/15

Who will win the premiership 14/15

• Total voters

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
My word. The play-off semi-final will be the East Anglian Derby! I took a video from my seat at Carrow Road of the moment we had it confirmed that we were playing 'them'.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

War

Chairman of Selectors
I'll try and get it going again.

The Premier League hasn't been that great this season. Chelsea have been so obviously the best team in the league since the start and no one has been able to mount a challenge. I do get fed up with the way the media make some sort of deity out of Jose Mourinho and how they make out everything he says is profound. He's bought exactly the players that they needed and they have won the league by a mile. They are not exactly liked though, with the way they surround the referees (I'm not singling them out, the fact is Chelsea do it more than anyone else) and the 'campaign against Chelsea' nonsense a few months ago.

Man United haven't done too badly this season, we all thought they were a laughing stock after they lost 5-3 at Leicester but they have slowly got into a groove and will be back in the Champions League next season. Arsenal will be in there as they always are, as will Man City though their collapse towards the end will be a concern to their fans. Liverpool have failed to capitalise on last season and have been a bit chaotic in recent months. Daniel Sturridge's inability to get fit, the whirlwind around the imminent departure of the way-past-his-best Steven Gerrard and the Raheem Sterling contract problems have made it a tough year up there. It was fun wondering if Southampton would make the top four, but they could still be in Europe next season if Arsenal win the FA Cup.

At the bottom of the Premier League Leicester have made a Lazarus-like recovery to go from being bottom nearly all season to being out of the bottom three with five games to go. Burnley work extremely hard but don't have the quality to stay in the division, QPR are doomed to be the yo-yo club they are once more and I think Sunderland will be going down too. I thought Hull were in the greatest danger but they have just won two games in a row to pull 4 points clear.

Watford and Bournemouth have been promoted and will be in the PL next season. Watford are a club I'm not a huge fan of - they are yet another from the London area, no real rivals, bankrolled by Italians, that sort of thing. Not very likeable. Bournemouth have Russian money behind them so it's not quite the fairytale that the media have been making it out to be but it will be refreshing to see someone new up there and Chelsea, Arsenal, Man United and the like turning up at Dean Court will be fun to watch.

As for my club, Norwich, we were top of the Championship in September but then had a pretty bad spell until January when the manager decided to resign (some say he jumped before he was pushed) and we had a real resurgence under Alex Neil. Sadly, a few missed opportunities like losing at home to Wigan and drawing away at Rotherham means we missed out on automatic promotion but we are definitely in the play-offs. I'd love to go to Wembley and see my team.

Ye unlike the last few seasons this one has been pretty dull since Chelsea had this title secured probably since Christmas. They were unlucky not to have matched Arsenal's invincibles record and to have gone out earlier than expected in C-League though.

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I have become such a fan of Sunderland lately. I just can't help but hoping they buy some proper players next season instead of buying Championship players!

Lee1981

International Coach
Been proper busy the last month or so

Yeah glad we got over the line, but not been enjoyable at all really, got my tickets for the last game of the season v Sunderland

So my boy watching us lift the trophy should be special.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I will be fulfilling a dream of most football fans next week as I will be going to see my team play at Wembley!

It was a great week to write my column for the local paper.

CFXNEVoWAAAOSCo.jpg

Epic

Panel of Selectors
What killed them was the reemergence of Tottenham and us in 09-10, the moment they stopped qualifying for the CL for an extended period of time, they were doomed.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
Wow. Yesterday was one of the best days of my life. Seeing my team win at Wembley with 40,000 of our fans there is something I will never forget. It hasn't sunk in yet that we are actually back in the Premier League.

I've put my photos from yesterday at Wembley in one place: Championship Play-off Final - Norwich 2-0 Middlesbrough 25.5.2015 | Facebook

fantastic performance. the tempo to start with was impressive, full deserved 2-0 lead and then kept boro at arms length with little issue.

if you can play like that consistently you only need 2-3 players to have a real chance of staying up

Users who are viewing this thread