Story EA Sports Cricket 2005 FTP/PTP

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
I'm going to be doing an EA Sports Cricket 2005 story.
I'll be doing all the batting for both teams by starting a new match in the same conditions and batting with the 2nd team when the first team has finished their innings.
I'll record the time each innings finishes, and the time the innings took to complete, to ensure first class matches last the required distance.
The conditions will be decided prior to the match, and a coin toss decides who bats first.
I might jump around a bit from series to series for some variety, but I'll try to avoid doing this too much.
The first series I'll be doing is a Pakistan tour of West Indies, set in a vague time period of somewhere between 2003 and 2006/7.
Pakistan have never won a Test series in the West Indies, so it will be interesting to see if they can pull it off.
As I said, I'll be doing the batting for both teams, but I will not be cheating and trying to make one team win more than the other.
This idea does away with the stupid batting AI that ruins this game, and should result in a semi-realistic story (apart from occasional odd bowling figures).
So, here goes.

PAKISTAN TO TOUR WEST INDIES

The PCB and WICB have announced that Pakistan will tour the West Indies for a series of 5 Tests, 5 One Day Internationals, and 3 T20 Internationals. The schedule will also include a number of warm up matches, the first being a 4 day First Class match against Trinidad.
Detailed schedule and squads to follow...

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
PAKISTAN ANNOUNCE SQUAD FOR TOUR OF WEST INDIES

Pakistan have announced their squad for the forthcoming Test tour of the West Indies. The squad only includes one major surprise...the inclusion of young left arm paceman Najaf Shah, who was chosen ahead of other more experienced campaigners.
The Pakistan Squad is as follows:

Batsmen:

Taufeeq Umar
Imran Farhat
Mohammad Hafeez
Yasir Hameed
Younis Khan
Inzamam-ul-Haq
Yousuf Youhana (remember, it's 2003 or thereabouts)
Asim Kamal

All rounders:

Shoaib Malik
Shahid Afridi
Abdul Razzaq

Wicket Keepers:

Rashid Latif(wk) (c)
Moin Khan (wk)

Spin Bowlers:

Saqlain Mushtaq
Danish Kaneria

Seam Bowlers:

Shoaib Akhtar
Mohammad Sami
Umar Gul
Naved-ul-Hasan
Najaf Shah

Last edited:

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
TOUR SCHEDULE ANNOUNCED

The schedule for the Pakistan tour of West Indies has been announced. It is as follows...

4 day match v Trinidad
4 day match v West Indies A
1ST TEST
50 over match v West Indies A
1st One Day International
2ND TEST
50 over match v Trinidad
2nd One Day International
4 day match v Vice Chancellor's XI
3RD TEST
50 over match v Vice Chancellor's XI
3rd One Day International
4th One Day International
5th One Day International
4 day match v Vice Chancellor's XI
4TH TEST
5TH TEST
T20 v West Indies A
1st T20 International
2nd T20 International
3rd T20 International

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
PAKISTAN WIN TOSS AND BAT

Pakistan have won the toss and elected to bat on a Hard pitch in Warm, Sunny conditions in their 4 day tour match against Trinidad. Trinidad have rested a number of first choice players in an effort to give their reserves some exposure. The team lineups for the match are:

Trinidad:

S.Ganga
I.Jan
L.Simmons
L.Roberts(c)
A.Kanhai
Z.Ali
N.Chan(wk)
R.Kelly
R.Emrit
M.Black
M.Persad

Pakistan:

Taufeeq Umar
Shoaib Malik
Younis Khan
Yousuf Youhana
Asim Kamal
Shahid Afridi
Rashid Latif(wk)(c)
Naved-ul-Hasan
Saqlain Mushtaq
Mohammad Sami
Umar Gul

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
YOUSUF TON LEADS STRONG START

A classy hundred by Yousuf Youhana has lead a strong start by Pakistan on Day 1 of their 4 day tour match versus Trinidad.
Makeshift opener Shoaib Malik was out cheaply, bowled off stump defending down the wrong line to a full ball from Marlon Black. Younis Khan then unveiled a few positive strokes, before pulling a ball from Emrit to Black at square leg, who dived forward and took a good catch.
At 46/2 some rebuilding was required, and Taufeeq Umar dug in at one end, while Yousuf Youhana played his shots at the other.
Youhana swept and drove superbly, reaching 50 off 81 balls with 11 fours to all parts.
With the partnership on 120, Taufeeq Umar grew frustrated with his slow scoring and spooned a simple catch to cover to give Black his second wicket, leaving the score on 166/3.
Left hander Asim Kamal joined Yousuf Youhana at the crease, and together they added another unbroken 116 runs to take the score to 282/3 at stumps.
Youhana remained not out on 145, with 26 boundaries, many driven through the covers, having reached his hundred off 142 balls.

Stumps Day 1

Pakistan

Taufeeq Umar.......c A.Kanhai b M.Black.........38 (115) 5 -
Shoaib Malik.........b M.Black..........................4 (13) 1 -
Younis Khan.........c M.Black b R.Emrit............28 (42) 4 -
Yousuf Youhana..............not out.................145*(234)26-
Asim Kamal.....................not out..................30*(106)2 -

Extras 37 (nb 13, lb 24)

Fall: 8,46,166

TOTAL: after (85.0 overs)...............................282/3

R.Kelly................19-2-56-0 (3nb)
M.Black...............19-2-53-2 (4nb)
R.Emrit................26-2-64-1 (4nb)
M.Persad.............15-1-52-0
L.Simmons............6-1-33-0 (2nb)

Last edited:

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
PAKISTAN DECLARE ON 359

Pakistan have declared on 359/7, about half an hour before lunch on the 2nd day of their tour match against Trinidad.
Yousuf Youhana was eventually dismissed for 152, lbw playing back to a ball which seamed in and kept low from Kelly. Youhana was unimpressed by the decision from umpire Daryl Hairper, and replays showed the ball was probably going over the top.
Shahid Afridi then joined Asim Kamal, and played some bright strokes, before Kamal became bogged down in sight of his 50 and swept the ball straight to midwicket to be out for 49.
Rashid Latif was out cheaply, cover driving a ball that was too close to him, and dragging the ball back onto his stumps. Afridi then spooned to cover in an effort increase the scoring rate, and shortly after captain Rashid Latif declared, giving the Trinidad openers a tricky 15 minute session to survive til Lunch.
Marlon Black was the pick of the bowlers with 3-59, and Kelly impressed with good bounce and outswing at decent pace.

Pakistan

Taufeeq Umar..............c A.Kanhai b M.Black..........38 (115) 5 -
Shoaib Malik................b M.Black............................4 (13) 1 -
Younis Khan.................c M.Black b R.Emrit............28 (42) 4 -
Yousuf Youhana...........lbw R.Kelly.......................152 (250) 26 -
Asim Kamal.................c M.Black b S.Ganga...........49 (151) 4 -
Shahid Afridi................c A Kanhai b R.Kelly............31 (57) 5 -
Rashid Latif (wk) (c).....b M.Black..........................13 (14) 3 -
Naved-ul-Hasan...................not out......................2* (3) - -
Saqlain Mushtaq...................not out......................2* (3) - -
Mohammad Sami
Umar Gul

Extras 40 (nb 14, lb 26)

TOTAL: after (108.0 overs)................................359/7 dec

Fall: 8,46,166,301,338,354,356

R.Kelly...............29-4-79-2 (4nb)
M.Black..............20-2-59-3 (4nb)
R.Emrit...............30-2-80-1 (4nb)
M.Persad............15-1-52-0
L.Simmons..........6-1-33-0 (2nb)
S.Ganga..............8-2-30-1

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
My story is a bit featureless at the moment, so I will add a few events and pictures as I go along, just wanted to actually play a few games at first rather than waste time trying to upload photos and pretty scorecards.
Am playing on PS2, so can't post any screenshots.
Have managed to get round the lineup bugs by altering some squads, but have only edited one player so far, Mohammad Hafeez, because he was rated lower than Inzamam with the ball and Inzy was going to be bowling instead of him. He was rated about 60, Inzy was 65, and Imran Farhat was 70, so I raised Hafeez's bowling abilities by 12.
As I said, am doing all the batting, and recording scorecards and restarting matches so I can bat with the other team. It gets around the poor batting AI in this game, which is ridiculously defensive, apart from when it gets stupid and starts holing out to deep cover every ball. It also enables me to change the batting orders and ensure everyone bats in the correct position.
This game would be perfect if it had Cricket 07's ability to swap teams during the match, would ensure you could stop the AI overbowling certain bowlers.
I love the graphics, and batting is a challenge and gives a full range of realistic dismissals and shots.
I tried DBC 14, but that bored me, I end up premeditating everything and never defending, and bowling requires no skill and is just a random lottery (and spin bowling is a joke). The graphics are crappy too.
End of rave for now, hehe.

Last edited:

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
TRINIDAD MAKE STRONG START

Trinidad have made a strong start in their reply to Pakistan's innings, reaching 223/3 at Stumps on Day 2.
I.Jan lead the way with a patient unbeaten 90, receiving good support in an unbroken century stand with A.Kanhai.
Earlier opener S.Ganga had been dismissed third ball for a duck, playing all round a straight ball from Mohammad Sami. Sami was his usual self, bowling 3 no balls in his opening over in addition to claiming the wicket, and then being typically expensive for the rest of the day.
Lendl Simmons was the next to go, pulling Naved-ul-Hasan to square leg to end a free flowing innings with the score on 84/2.
Captain L.Roberts struggled in his short stay, before defending down the wrong line and losing his off stump to give Naved-ul-Hasan his second wicket.
Left handers Jan and Kanhai then saw Trinidad to stumps with some attractive batting, with Kanhai in particular cutting powerfully.

Stumps Day 2

Trinidad

S.Ganga............b Mohammad Sami..................................0 (3) - -
I.Jan...................................not out...............................90*(195) 12 -
L.Simmons.......c Mohammad Sami b Naved-ul Hasan.......41 (66) 5 -
L.Roberts (c)....b Naved-ul-Hasan...................................16 (34) 2 -
A.Kanhai..............................not out...............................44*(68) 5 -

Extras 32 (nb 8, lb 24)

TOTAL: after (61.0 overs).........................................223/3

Fall: 0,84,118

Mohammad Sami.........19-1-66-1 (7nb)
Naved-ul-Hasan..........20-2-65-2 (nb)
Umar Gul......................8-1-25-0
Saqlain Mushtaq..........13-0-43-0
Shahid Afridi..................1-1-0-0

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
Feb 1st? Hmmm... - acts stupid - (As usual, rolls eyes) [DOUBLEPOST=1427381726][/DOUBLEPOST]Will be resuming this when the World Cup is over, have actually played the first two 4 day games but haven't given myself the time to type them up.

Last edited:

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
TRINIDAD DECLARE ON 355

Trinidad have declared their first innings closed on 355/6 after A.Kanhai reached his century during a solid unbeaten partnership of 92 with R.Kelly.
At 263/6 Pakistan sensed a quick kill, but that was quickly erased by a trouble free partnership for the 7th wicket between the pair.
Kanhai's cutting in particular stood out in his innings, but in reality it was more just loose bowling from an out of form and unfit Saqlain Mushtaq.
Naved-ul-Hasan was the pick of the bowlers, though Mohammad Sami as usual produced a mixed bag with a couple of brilliant deliveries mixed with a pile of loose rubbish and 7 no balls
(he did however impress with his pace as usual, and the occasional ball that swung a mile).
Earlier, I.Jan probably got out to some stupid shot in the 90's, with Kanhai learning from his mistake and treating the bowlers with more respect from there onwards (just consulted my notes, was right, popped up off edge, sweeping in the 90's, no patience, no respect, greedy for more 4's, stupid shot).

Trinidad 355/6 declared

S.Ganga............b Mohammad Sami..........................................0 (3)
I.Jan..................c Rashid Latif b Shahid Afridi.......................91 (205) 12 -
L.Simmons........c Mohammad Sami b Naved ul Hasan..........41 (66) 5 -

L.Roberts (c)....b Naved-ul-Hasan.........................................16 (34) 2 -
A.Kanhai.............................not out........................................103*(163) 16 -
Z.Ali..................c Taufeeq Umar b Mohammad Ali..................18 (24) 3 -
N.Chan (wk)....lbw Saqlain Mushtaq.......................................1 (3)
R.Kelly................................not out.........................................38*(63) 6 -
R.Emrit
M.Black
M.Persad

Extras 47 (nb 9, lb 38)

TOTAL: after (93.3 overs)..................................................355/6 declared

Fall: 0, 84, 118, 234, 262, 263

Mohammad Sami........................26-2-87-2 (7nb)
Naved-ul-Hasan.........................20-2-65-2 (nb)
Umar Gul......................................9-1-28-0 (nb)
Saqlain Mushtaq......................29.3-5-97-1
Shahid Afridi................................9-2-40-1

(Will increase the size of the Font next time for those with smaller screens, and change the Font Type too, colour and "News" will also enter at some point when I get on top of things)

Not sure if anyone is reading, but I don't mind too much.

Last edited:

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
Wasn't well when I created this story, so I went in to hospital then became too busy and restricted to do more, but will resume again soon and continue, more updates coming soon :-)

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
PAKISTAN OPENERS MAKE STEADY START

Pakistan openers Shoaib Malik and Taufeeq Umar have taken their team to 78/0 off 22 overs at Tea on Day 3 in a steady start to their innings.
Taufeeq was dropped at square leg off a leg glance to a yorker length delivery on 12*, but thereafter the openers had little trouble maintaining a decent scoring rate.
S.Ganga was the pick of the bowlers with his part time offspin, proving difficult to get away on a wearing pitch.

Pakistan 78/0

Shoaib Malik............not out............44* (61) 6 -
Taufeeq Umar..........not out............32* (71) 4 -

Extras 2 (2 lb)

TOTAL: after (22.0) overs................78/0

R.Kelly...........10 - 3 - 33 - 0
M.Black...........6 - 1 - 32 - 0
S.Ganga...........5 - 1 - 7 - 0
R.Emrit.............1 - 0 - 4 - 0

Users who are viewing this thread