Patch 3 Requests/Wishlist

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
This will need to be handled well as I, and plenty of other folks, push the left stick much earlier and push the right stick later on to play a shot. It shouldn't happen that if you are slightly late in your shot, the game interprets it as a leave as this will lead to a bigger "unintentional leave" issue.
Yes that should be taken care of....The time at which the leave animation should be late enough...I feel maybe for online the current "X" or R3 is fine but for offline gameplay it would be good...[DOUBLEPOST=1432557251][/DOUBLEPOST]
Exactly, which is why leave requires an input.
If that's the case then they should provide leave animations when we do not give any input, then the game should recognize that as a leave...

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
If that's the case then they should provide leave animations when we do not give any input, then the game should recognize that as a leave...

The problem we always had (which I'm guessing would also apply here) is that by the time no input is possible (IE no input = leave) there is not enough time to play an animation. So a "leave" HAS to be indicated by the player, otherwise it's usually not an option.

Check out BLIC 2005, where there is an auto-leave if the player plays no shot - it will almost always end in him getting KO'd or one in the nuts. :)

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
The problem we always had (which I'm guessing would also apply here) is that by the time no input is possible (IE no input = leave) there is not enough time to play an animation. So a "leave" HAS to be indicated by the player, otherwise it's usually not an option.

Check out BLIC 2005, where there is an auto-leave if the player plays no shot - it will almost always end in him getting KO'd or one in the nuts. :)
I agree one this but they need to find a way out for implement a new way to make max use of leave animations, as of now I am just leaving without any input as both R3 and X are hard for me to press and leave is not something we can premeditate...

Chief

Panel of Selectors
I agree one this but they need to find a way out for implement a new way to make max use of leave animations, as of now I am just leaving without any input as both R3 and X are hard for me to press and leave is not something we can premeditate...

It needs a leave button somewhere. The game needs to know that you were intentionally leaving and not just failed to play a shot. A good leave should always be rewarded and a bad one punished.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
It needs a leave button somewhere. The game needs to know that you were intentionally leaving and not just failed to play a shot. A good leave should always be rewarded and a bad one punished.
What about Press and release R2 for leave and full press for defense as usual....Will that work??

Alberts

International Coach

To me the premeditation is exactly what we should be using here. Unorthodox shots tend to be premeditated, leaves are now. Using the unorthodox shot modifier as the leave button would work better. Having the unorthodox shots as a modifier as one of the face buttons would do the trick for them. It doesn't have to be for everyone, but having other options for the controls would be a great addition to the game.[DOUBLEPOST=1432560598][/DOUBLEPOST]
What about Press and release R2 for leave and full press for defense as usual....Will that work??

What if someone is going for a defensive shot, then suddenly decide to go over the top?

Mr Snrub

International Coach
Seems like some of these suggestions have problems of their own attached. Matt's leave with L2+R2 (no shot input) suggestion seems the most do-able. It seems reasonable to have a sudden late reaction of squeezing in those two.

I keep saying it, but the crazy thing right now on PS4 is, that it's attached to either L3 or R3, or X. That's a lot of "leave" options. Also, controllers age and as they do and slacken, L3 and R3 become much easier to do. I thought I'd gotten on top of the situation (when I had a new PS4 controller), but it's starting to become easier to happen again.

As for someones suggestion about having unorthodox shots be moved to face buttons because of their more pre-meditated nature? In theory that sounds fine, in practice it's very hard to push the LAS and RAS where you want to push anything other than the trigger buttons up top. The face buttons are generally thumb-operated and that's hard to do when the right thumb is taken up with the RAS.

Last edited:

Alberts

International Coach
Seems like some of these suggestions have problems of their own attached. Matt's leave with L2+R2 (no shot input) suggestion seems the most do-able. It seems reasonable to have a sudden late reaction of squeezing in those two.

I keep saying it, but the crazy thing right now on PS4 is, that it's attached to either L3 or R3, or X. That's a lot of "leave" options. Also, controllers age and as they do and slacken, L3 and R3 become much easier to do. I thought I'd gotten on top of the situation (when I had a new PS4 controller), but it's starting to become easier to happen again.

As for someones suggestion about having unorthodox shots be moved to face buttons because of their more pre-meditated nature? In theory that sounds fine, in practice it's very hard to push the LAS and RAS where you want to push anything other than the trigger buttons up top. The face buttons are generally thumb-operated and that's hard to do when the right thumb is taken up with the RAS.

Again, personally I feel it's just about giving the player more optional set ups, i.e. an option that offers the player something like: "Leave button: Right Stick / Left Stick / 'A' / RB+LB / RT+LT / RB / LB"

Personally using the face buttons then inputting something on the controller isn't something difficult in the slightest. I'd suggest giving it a try in the nets just to see how it feels (even though it does nothing right now, unless you hit 'A' or 'X' depending on console), it is remarkably simple to do, doesn't take very long, just that split second extra premeditation (which you need for unorthodox shots anyhow). Just to clarify, it would operate like sticky keys, you press it some time in the run up, and the modifier is on for the duration of that ball.

The difference for leaving though is it needs to be an instant reaction. You need to be able to be able to just do it reflexively, and I don't find any of the options particularly good for that at the moment. So again, keep the options they currently have, but offer other set ups, maybe even the ability to fiddle with set ups a bit. More options will only serve to make the game better.

Equally if the face buttons system worked well, you could actually offer up to three, even four different types of unorthodox shots using those buttons as modifiers (up to 7 if they can work together, even more if you can modify the modified shots with the triggers). But that is a bit trickier as it would require it to be a default control, which defeats the purpose of my entire suggestion. Not every player is going to like the same set up.

Mr Snrub

International Coach
Personally using the face buttons then inputting something on the controller isn't something difficult in the slightest. I'd suggest giving it a try in the nets just to see how it feels (even though it does nothing right now, unless you hit 'A' or 'X' depending on console), it is remarkably simple to do, doesn't take very long, just that split second extra premeditation (which you need for unorthodox shots anyhow). Just to clarify, it would operate like sticky keys, you press it some time in the run up, and the modifier is on for the duration of that ball.

The difference for leaving though is it needs to be an instant reaction. You need to be able to be able to just do it reflexively, and I don't find any of the options particularly good for that at the moment.

There's no way a leave should be premeditated, so it needs to be a quick reflexive controller response. Leaving via a face button would make it premeditated as you cannot move the right thumb stick and use a face button with the same thumb at the same time.

I do understand what you're saying about unorthodox shots being moved to face buttons, although this would then have to completely change the way shots are played. You'd have to switch on "unorthodox shot" during a run up and then move your thumb back to play the shot. It could work, but would be different to the game design at present. Would be interesting to try out though.

Alberts

International Coach
There's no way a leave should be premeditated, so it needs to be a quick reflexive controller response. Leaving via a face button would make it premeditated as you cannot move the right thumb stick and use a face button with the same thumb at the same time.

I do understand what you're saying about unorthodox shots being moved to face buttons, although this would then have to completely change the way shots are played. You'd have to switch on "unorthodox shot" during a run up and then move your thumb back to play the shot. It could work, but would be different to the game design at present. Would be interesting to try out though.

Exactly the point, by having the leave button as a shoulder button, it would allow it to be actually reflexive.

Anyhow, options. The key is, has and always will be options. Something we really don't have as of now.

Mr Snrub

International Coach
Exactly the point, by having the leave button as a shoulder button, it would allow it to be actually reflexive.

Anyhow, options. The key is, has and always will be options. Something we really don't have as of now.

Well, customisable controls have been around since the 80's and seem to be something that's only sometimes applied in games even now.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
@MattW :Please add that Patch 3 will roll out first on PC and after submission will be releasing on PS3,PS4,XBox 360,XBox One...Maybe add it to the title..

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
@MattW dear mattw, then plz let us know when new patch is coming as stats showing wrong in career bowler (any cup/series stats) and its too annoying. Atleast fix this stats issue, thanks

Users who are viewing this thread