Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Jay OTT

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
What speeds do you get when the arm speed is set to the lowest amount? (50%)
Just did some tests with a team I hastily threw together, with three custom players made with the attributes needed for the test (the minimum 50 in arm speed). Again, good length straight seam delivery, with no pace modifiers and ideal jump input;

Fast bowler: 142.3 km/h
Fast-Medium bowler: 131.5 km/h
Medium bowler: 110.0 km/h

I'm reasonably confident that no other physical attributes affect bowling speed based on my tests. So to recap, the speed ranges for a stock delivery in the game for each pace classification are;

Fast bowler: 142.3 to 151.2 km/h (8.9 km/h difference)

Fast-Medium bowler: 131.5 to 140.4 km/h (8.9 km/h difference)

Medium bowler: 110.0 to 126.0 km/h (16.0 km.h difference)

And arm speed determines where each bowler falls within their relevant pace range. The relation between arm speed and bowling speed within the range is linear.

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
That's great cheers. yeah I agree that no other physical attribute effects the initial speed but the aerobic and anaerobic will determine how long they can maintain these speeds.

Actually I have just noticed that your max speed for the fast bowler is only 151.2 kmh which is around 94mph. ( I have the game set to mph). But I have bowlers who bowl quicker than this. So maybe strength is a factor?

Jay OTT

Club Cricketer
Actually I have just noticed that your max speed for the fast bowler is only 151.2 kmh which is around 94mph. ( I have the game set to mph). But I have bowlers who bowl quicker than this. So maybe strength is a factor?
If I remember correctly, said 151.2 km/h paceman can bowl 158.4 km/h when the 'Faster delivery' button is pressed. I didn't use this button at all during my tests, as it just would've added one more step to remember to do during each delivery. Perhaps this explains why you have bowlers who bowl quicker?

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
If I remember correctly, said 151.2 km/h paceman can bowl 158.4 km/h when the 'Faster delivery' button is pressed. I didn't use this button at all during my tests, as it just would've added one more step to remember to do during each delivery. Perhaps this explains why you have bowlers who bowl quicker?

Duh silly me!! Yeah of course that is why! Thanks again.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
No - I accept this. So actually the "helicopter shot" doesn't exist - It's actually just a flail caused by poor technique. Gotcha. :)

You just picked words from my statement and made the same point? lol

gk posted a Sachin playing 'helicopter' I think. That would be your helicopter with technique, which is just a normal shot. Dhoni did it differently but as it resulted in sixes and fours it was highlighted.

Helicopter is not the only way to hit a yorker for six. Yuvraj once used a hammer shot quite the opposite of helicopter while ABD did one of his things to send a Steyn yorker 20 rows back. ABD was all about technique while Yuvi and Dhoni did it with power.

Now targeting Dhoni for playing the helicopter doesnt make sense. As if he wanted to create a brand out of it and advertise on the media.

Dhoni will be known best for the number of cups he has won for India and CSK, his temperament and coolness during high pressure chases and the 8K+ runs he has scored at number 7 position and NOT the helicopter. [P.S. Switching off TV sets after Sachin got out was a norm back then. Dhoni was one person who gave us all hope, even at the most hardest of situations. And he delivered more often than not].

Scoring runs, keeping and successfully captaining a nation of 1.2 billion for 7+years deserves respect. DOT.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
That's cute, does this mean they'll also be adding male characters to 'Kitchen Simulator'?

Gut answer - Oh God shush. :)
Thought out answer - Considering men make up 99% of Michelin Stars, you'd think they'd have them in already...

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Glad to hear about the sequel. Hopefully it will concentrate on PS4/Xbox One/PC and build on the solid foundations of DBC 14.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Had a very strange one today, batting vs AI, had a huge edge caught & slip, AI appealed but given not out.

Didn't have gamecap on at the time, but captured video of the replay with my phone (apologies for quality).

Anyone had anything like this before?

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Had a very strange one today, batting vs AI, had a huge edge caught & slip, AI appealed but given not out.

Didn't have gamecap on at the time, but captured video of the replay with my phone (apologies for quality).

Anyone had anything like this before?

Was the umpire Steve Bucknor?? Then would have been a possibility for a ridiculous decision...

Users who are viewing this thread