abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
By making such a misinformed statement, clearly you don't understand the dynamics between cricket and football corruption.

LOL, Alright then Sir I-know-it-all :spy

FYI: this was just in regards to certain remarks that were made a couple pages back about how no other mainstream sport has the amount of corruption cricket has.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
i saw "piers morgan" and "Daily Mail" in the same link, and felt that clicking on it wasn't the best idea

War

Chairman of Selectors
LOL, Alright then Sir I-know-it-all :spy

FYI: this was just in regards to certain remarks that were made a couple pages back about how no other mainstream sport has the amount of corruption cricket has.

Nope I don't know it all, always seeking to learn.

And if we talking about administration of the sport dealing with basic stuff like rules, fixtures and governance - cricket is most certainly the most corrupt and poorly run sporting body in the world.

FIFA despite a few issues has strong administrative structures and has become more global ever since the power of football was removed from the central control of England in the 1970s.

FIFA corruption since the 1980s deals with high level executives like Blatter using the solid administrative structures and popularity of world football to make money from sponsors via bribes in TV rights deals, voting for hosting world cups and tournaments mainly.[DOUBLEPOST=1432862132][/DOUBLEPOST]
i saw "piers morgan" and "Daily Mail" in the same link, and felt that clicking on it wasn't the best idea

Yea unless its about Kevin Pietersen one doesn't need to hear his opinion on sports ha.

PokerAce

Banned
if we talking about administration of the sport dealing with basic stuff like rules, fixtures and governance - cricket is most certainly the most corrupt and poorly run sporting body in the world.

FIFA despite a few issues has strong administrative structures and has become more global ever since the power of football was removed from the central control of England in the 1970s.

FIFA corruption since the 1980s deals with high level executives like Blatter using the solid administrative structures and popularity of world football to make money from sponsors via bribes in TV rights deals, voting for hosting world cups and tournaments mainly.

Umm, while I agree that ICC has always been chopping and changing rules, especially in ODIs, 4 fielders out or 5 fielders and what not, it surely too much to say that there is corruption behind it all. Are you really implying that rules changes are made because someone if bribing the ICC officials?

Yes ICC is inconsistant, and chop and change the rules a lot. If this makes it a "poorly run" sporting body in your eyes, as you put it, then again you are entitled to your opinion.

However to actually imply that is a form of corruption is going strongly overboard.

On the other hand we have FIFA, who have had officials taking bribes of upto $150 million to award WCs to nations, and have been doing it for years.

Hmm, so on the one hand a sports body which cannot quite stop tweaking some minor rules every now and then, and on the other, a sports body which has taken bribes of upto $150 million and 7 of whose officials are in jail ... which of the two is more evil I wonder :spy

I am all for slating ICC for its inconsistant stance on some of the rules, and I get it some of the fixtures and tours are not the best planned, but stop trying to convince people that this inconsistency is worse than actually taking bribes.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Umm, while I agree that ICC has always been chopping and changing rules, especially in ODIs, 4 fielders out or 5 fielders and what not, it surely too much to say that there is corruption behind it all. Are you really implying that rules changes are made because someone if bribing the ICC officials?

Yes ICC is inconsistant, and chop and change the rules a lot. If this makes it a "poorly run" sporting body in your eyes, as you put it, then again you are entitled to your opinion.

However to actually imply that is a form of corruption is going strongly overboard.

On the other hand we have FIFA, who have had officials taking bribes of upto $150 million to award WCs to nations, and have been doing it for years.

Hmm, so on the one hand a sports body which cannot quite stop tweaking some minor rules every now and then, and on the other, a sports body which has taken bribes of upto $150 million and 7 of whose officials are in jail ... which of the two is more evil I wonder :spy

I am all for slating ICC for its inconsistent stance on some of the rules, and I get it some of the fixtures and tours are not the best planned, but stop trying to convince people that this inconsistency is worse than actually taking bribes.

No slightly bad wording on my part. I wasn't implying that ICC mismanagement of basic governance with regards to rules part is a form of corruption, since of course it isn't. I was simply saying to the poster that ICC is the most poorly run sporting governing body in the world, which has led to a kind of stupid & laughable corruption that obviously isn't as grotesque as FIFA executives corruption - but is certainly setting cricket up to be destroyed from within by its own members or some big money outside venture who willing to another World Series venture outside the ICC/Big Three set-up like we are seeing with Essel Group.

FIFA administration arm which has many good people deals with rules, regulation, fixtures, leagues, club vs country clashes, role of government in sport youth tournaments, womens football, grassroots development worldwide, plans for developing nations is very coherent.

That is not run by well known executives cronies and thieves like Blatter, Warner, Joe Havelange, Ricardo Tixiera, Nicholas Leoz, Chuck Blazer etc etc - who have as i said have used FIFA's good foundations that they coincidentally created in the last 40 years to swindle money via mainly bidding for world cups and TV licencing deals from broadcasters, sponsors.

Based on these two examples if world football votes out Blatter 2day, they have a solid foundations via their administration for a new leader to fall back on. Cricket doesn't.

PokerAce

Banned
No slightly bad wording on my part. I wasn't implying that ICC mismanagement of basic governance with regards to rules part is a form of corruption, since of course it isn't. I was simply saying to the poster that ICC is the most poorly run sporting governing body in the world, which has led to a kind of stupid & laughable corruption that obviously isn't as grotesque as FIFA executives corruption - but is certainly setting cricket up to be destroyed from within by its own members or some big money outside venture who willing to another World Series venture outside the ICC/Big Three set-up like we are seeing with Essel Group.

FIFA administration arm which has many good people deals with rules, regulation, fixtures, leagues, club vs country clashes, role of government in sport youth tournaments, womens football, grassroots development worldwide, plans for developing nations is very coherent.

That is not run by well known executives cronies and thieves like Blatter, Warner, Joe Havelange, Ricardo Tixiera, Nicholas Leoz, Chuck Blazer etc etc - who have as i said have used FIFA's good foundations that they coincidentally created in the last 40 years to swindle money via mainly bidding for world cups and TV licencing deals from broadcasters, sponsors.

Based on these two examples if world football votes out Blatter 2day, they have a solid foundations via their administration for a new leader to fall back on. Cricket doesn't.

Well again, where is the corruption? Also while the big three has taken over the ICC, and a cartel is generally never a good idea, but that stereotype apart, the ICC has done good work on the grass-root level, over the years. The Associate nations are stronger than they have ever been and getting better. Also while the big three monopoly means that there is more money going to the big three, but what is undeniable is that overall more money is being generated and thus even to the rest there is more money to give around.

For instance, now earlier this year has earmarked a sum of $300 million to spend on development of the game in the Associate nations, which is larger than there ever was for Associates. Also unlike FIFA, this money being given to the lesser nations for development of the game, actually goes to the grass-roots and not in the pockets of officials, which is a huge distinction.

So to say cricket doesn't have a structure in place to help nations is not true. The Associates have grown stronger over the years and continue to do so. While you could say FIFA has done more or has a better structure, but to say ICC has none is really not true, and it continues to get more structured.

Also while slate the ICC for inconsistencies and alleged incompetence (calling it corruption), but ignore far bigger evils of FIFA. For starters I will take incompetence and inconsistency over actual corruption any day.

Secondly FIFA is guilty of promoting far greater evils than just corruption, and the laundary list of FIFA misdoings is topped off by actively turning a blind eye to Human rights violations, and perhaps even promoting it.

Most ppl have seen this vid, but I will post it anyway, in case you haven't -

After this compared to FIFA, ICC are frankly saintly if you ask me.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hopefully youre the only one on the forum with this opinion.

thanks for removing all the context from that quote; really appreciate it. Like the three words before the portion that you quoted aren't totally integral to the guys argument or anything...

Users who are viewing this thread