MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Big Ant just released the equivalent of the Cricket Academy beta for their upcoming Rugby League game. As with the CA, it's on PC only and distributed via Steam - Rugby League Live 3 Demo on Steam

I'll be interested whether people who made creations on the Cricket Academy could get closer to real life with the tools in the 'Fan Hub' - given that this is newer than the tools in DBC, and given that the game should be on the new consoles (PS4/Xbox One).

Of course, I'm sure there's some of you on here who are just interested that we're getting a new league game out - there's nothing mentioned of release timeframes for the game itself yet.

HBK619

Big Ant Studios
Big Ant
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
How are you finding the creation tools in comparison to the Bradman Academy? Obviously we're of the thought that the capabilities are currently vastly improved, but it'd be interesting to know what you think about it with regards to just making something or someone that you think looks vaguely like their real life counterpart. We've not really had a lot of people around to directly compare things as of yet.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
How are you finding the creation tools in comparison to the Bradman Academy? Obviously we're of the thought that the capabilities are currently vastly improved, but it'd be interesting to know what you think about it with regards to just making something or someone that you think looks vaguely like their real life counterpart. We've not really had a lot of people around to directly compare things as of yet.
The analogue stick approach is much nicer, especially when things that would previously have been assigned to two different sliders are now a full x/y axis, lets you adjust some fairly major elements much more efficiently. It's a little hard to get very fine control however (for example trying to get my height correct) - perhaps make it so you could click in the right stick to toggle precision levels? It would work rather well on the touchpad thing on the PS4 controller I'd think.

I miss the randomiser option - I'd usually flip through that to try and get to a good starting position. Perhaps a 'quick edit' section that contains the sliders that make the most visual differences up the top, so that you could get in the vague direction quicker than currently?

If you're looking for feature additions, it would be nice if there was a button you could press that highlighted the body part being adjusted by the current slider, some of the options I still don't know where they alter the appearance. The reverse, an ability to click on a part of the body and be taken to the relevant sliders would be nice as well. More variation in commentary surnames would be great too.

D

Dutch

I like the realsim that has been achieved in the players...really excellent. i am finding some of the controls a bit clunky and the layout seems a bit clunky to me but I may just need to get used to it.....really nice editor though and agan with incredible depth....

HBK619

Big Ant Studios
Big Ant
The analogue stick approach is much nicer, especially when things that would previously have been assigned to two different sliders are now a full x/y axis, lets you adjust some fairly major elements much more efficiently. It's a little hard to get very fine control however (for example trying to get my height correct) - perhaps make it so you could click in the right stick to toggle precision levels? It would work rather well on the touchpad thing on the PS4 controller I'd think.

I miss the randomiser option - I'd usually flip through that to try and get to a good starting position. Perhaps a 'quick edit' section that contains the sliders that make the most visual differences up the top, so that you could get in the vague direction quicker than currently?

If you're looking for feature additions, it would be nice if there was a button you could press that highlighted the body part being adjusted by the current slider, some of the options I still don't know where they alter the appearance. The reverse, an ability to click on a part of the body and be taken to the relevant sliders would be nice as well. More variation in commentary surnames would be great too.
The movement of the cursor at the moment relies heavily on framerate. We've noted how much it can change and become finicky with a high framerate. At the moment, you could use the mouse though to get more finite placement of where you want the cursor.

We'll likely alter the speed to try and get something better though over time, once we have optimised the engine a bit more.

The randomiser will make a comeback, once we've finalised the features. Ideally the randomiser will be a little smarter than DBC's as well, instead of giving a lot of bearded grey haired fellows, it'll bring something a little more random in look each time.

Agree with the part highlighter, I've brought that one up in the office a few times. I think it'd help people know what they're altering along with what some of the names also mean. :p But yeah it'd definitely help if you could just go and click on a part that you want and then it'd go straight to that part.

Commentary is all template at the moment, so that'll fill out a bit more over time for sure.

I like the realsim that has been achieved in the players...really excellent. i am finding some of the controls a bit clunky and the layout seems a bit clunky to me but I may just need to get used to it.....really nice editor though and agan with incredible depth....
UI is still a work in progress at the moment.

What specifically were you referencing? Control wise are you talking about using the implementation of the right and left stick? I must admit I found it a bit quirky to begin with but adjusted fairly quickly.

weekendroady

School Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I'm really excited for this release and plan on importing it as soon as it comes out. Hoping Big Ant gets my last name into the game per that Facebook post they advertised (I've never had my last name available for any game commentary ever!). Its "Sites" if you're reading HBK ;-)

Rugby 15 didn't do enough, would love to see both RLL and DBC get PS4 digital releases in the States eventually so more Americans can have better introductions to both sports. I remember learning Rugby off of HB's much better PS2 games, and now Big Ant has me hooked on cricket and hopefully Rugby again...

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Looks like this is coming quite soon. Screenshots now being slowly released - looking very nice indeed!

I read on the forums that they are awaiting content approval, and the fact that they have clearly turned attention back to Cricket now suggests that it's pretty much ready for submission. Looking like it could be as early as mid-late July.

At which point hopefully they can do a Rugby Union version! :)

Chief

Panel of Selectors
I'm really stunned to discover the Big Ben are doing a Rugby World Cup game - had no idea that was coming.

All sorts of naming problems calling it "Rugby World Cup 15" what with "Rugby 15" out only 8 months (and with the reviews associated with it!)

No developer mentioned, but I'm guessing that it's going to be an update to Rugby 15. I'd have suggested a DLC would have been the right way to do that, but maybe it's something new altogether.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
They no doubt haven't had nearly enough time to fix the broken mess that was the game engine of Rugby 15 - plus they utterly burned any trust with the public by having zero patches since release.

Why would anyone give them money after that?

Chief

Panel of Selectors
They no doubt haven't had nearly enough time to fix the broken mess that was the game engine of Rugby 15 - plus they utterly burned any trust with the public by having zero patches since release.

Why would anyone give them money after that?

Well, to be fair we don't know for sure that it's the same developer (It will be) or whether they won't have overhauled the engine completely (they won't have). :)

I'm just hoping that the RLL/Lacrosse delays are because Big Ant are actually the new developer of this, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to be disappointed this time around (whilst crossing fingers that they'll get a shot next time). They'd do such a much better job.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Trailer -

Looks pretty nice, although I'm desperate to see gameplay footage now to see the flow.

Why they chose to finish with that kick though boggles the imagination. :)

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

Users who are viewing this thread