Story The Journey of Randy Wilson

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
DAY 13
1st Inning of the 3 day Match.​

Another 3 day Match coming up. I know this would be the chance for me to Excel, and to show i am capable of doing a good job, to earn a selection in the upcoming Domestic Competition. Our team were sent into bat. We lost Dr Smith early in the 4th Over. It was my turn now to bat. I started off with some solid defensive shot, playing out the first over i faced. This didn't last for so long as i had expected.I had lost my patients and started to Hit nearly every single ball, which lead to my dismissal .I had Faced 16 ball for just the one run, was very disappointed for me.

As i walk into the pavilion the Coach look at me and just shake his head. The same word the coach had advice me yesterday I had failed to do it.
I have though to myself this could be the end of my chance to get into the side. I was hoping as turn around in my performance in the next innings.

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
Day 14-15.

Disappointing seating in the dressing room thinking to myself, I have blow it here. My big chance and i had blow it.My confidence started to Drop dramatically. After our team were bowl out. When i toke the field, I misfield a few balls. Giving away a few runs. Dwayne Smith walk up to me, after the 3rd time i miss field, he calm me down, telling me relax myself and just keep my eye in the game. I started to relax myself, as I started to field much better. As the last wicket fell, The other team toke a 90 Runs lead. In the 2nd Over we had lost our first wicket, with the score on 8. Here is it my final chance to prove my worth. I walk out on the Day two The Afternoon/Evening session.
I started off a little shaky, as i played ball by ball, keeping my eye on the ball. i tried my best to keep my wicket, I had a few chances which were put down. I used those chances to my advantage as I carry on, as wickets started to fall around me, I kept the confidence and play my game to carry the team till At Tea on Day 2. with my team on 85 for 5, with majority of those runs coming off my bat, My score at Tea was 37 from 55,still trailing by 5 runs. After tea, Both myself and Brook started to build a partnership, a poor misjudgement between us got a run out chance with Brook, With Brook going it was now into the tail of our line up, I try my best to hog the strike. Playing with a lot of confidence I had reach my 50 runs off 76 balls with the team been 106-6, I steady the run flow as I try to up the runs and still keeping my Wicket as i got closer to that century, When i had reach it I felt so happy, but I needed to go on for the team. i then carry on taking most of the strike , then went on and fell short of 150, was out for 140 runs off 155 balls.

Our team end up on the losing side, unfortunately, but the coach was impress with my performance. Just one more OD game away for the Selection.​

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
Thanks to Bigant for bring the simulation mode where i can skip matches. Would make this story more realistic, instead of playing all the matches if i was poor. This made my creating and playing match more easy. That was the reason I wasn't updating was thinking on how i am going to make the story and scoring at a realistic way.

Rest of Training Wash Off
The Rest of Training Match were washed off. The Coach was about to announce the Squad for the Regional First Class Competition and the One Day Competition. The Whole Team seating together as the Coach Announce the teams.

The Announcement
"For the First Class Competition The Final 13 Men Squad. Captaining the Side is Kriagg Brathwaite. The Rest of the Squad is as follows, Kirk Edwards, Jonathan Carter, Omar Phillips, Raymond Reifer, Shamar Brookes, Shane Dowrich, Migel Cummins, Jason Holder, Carlos Brathwaitee, Kemar Roach, Ashley Nurse and Tino Best".

I was disappointed i haven't made it into the First Class side and i was hoping i can make it into the OD side.
The Coach continue as he choose the 13 Squad for the One Day.

"Coming on to the One Day, The 13 Men Sqaud will be Captain by Kraigg Brathwaite, the Rest of the team is as follows, Dwayne Smith , Jonathan Carter, Randy Wilson, Raymond Reifer, Kyle Mayers, Jason Holder, Shane Dowrich, Kemar Roach, Sulieman Benn, Carlos Brathwaite, Migel Cummins, F Edwards."

I had a smile on my face good to see my name in the One Day line up, Hoping a good performance in the One Day side and add me into the First Class and Hopefully in the Future on to the West Indies Team.
Here is the beginning of my career, I cant wait for my first match and to face my first ball in the One Day matches.

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
One Day Debut

The day has finally arrive.
It's 5:00 am, I had set up my alarm early, as i sit on my bed thinking to myself. 'Finally the day has come, i am about to make my debut. I am hoping i can give a positive performance. My first Game is against Leeward Island. Leeward Island isn't really one of the biggest Teams out there, a good performance against them can give me all the confidence i want going into bigger games ' . I got up change and head straight to the nets, My parents invested in a little Net in our back yard, I had about A hour of practice ,as I later head down to the Oval to catch up with the team, we was suppose to meet up at the Oval for 8:00.

Most of the player were already, as the coach started to prepare us with a few exercise and a Few advise. Later talk to all of us individually. Coach had give me advise saying keep Focus and play your best. Give it all you got, this is your first One Day, just go out and have fun that's the most important thing.

The Moment came very close, As We won the toss and Bat First. Myself and K Brathwaite open batting. As I exit the Pavilion I felt the atmosphere, they were not much people the stand, but i could feel that tense moment went in me as I step on the field. Brathwaitee toke the strike and I head towards the non striking End.

VIDEO: My first Experience in One Day Cricket.

I started off playing a very defensive mode, that feeling as i hit my first Run off the 7th ball i had face, felt very good , finally i am off the mark in OD. I need build on a decent total, moving slowly with single , 2 runs and defensive shot, i started to build confidence, AS i approach 10 Runs off the 17 balls, I Swing my bat at the 18th ball hitting over the Top for SIX. With Brathwaite scoring the most amount of run, while I give him support we carry out Partnership past 50 runs in the 8th Over. After that 50th Runs partnership, I had started to pick quick Runs heading into the 30th, As Brathwaite Went 57 Runs. With the Fall of Brathwaitee, I still kept on scoring My runs As I head into the 40s taking Barbados to 100-1. During in my med 40s, I started to struggle a little , I had just went totally out of Focus trying defending, swinging the bat and missing most of the ball. Quickly i had to regain focus, Defended two ball before getting back in the mood, as I driver a ball for a single and the my next ball hitting the ball into the offside for four to bring up my 50. I had Failed to carry on as I was caught behind for 63 off 72 balls. I was eyeing that 100 Runs, I wanted to begin my career powerful.

The Coach and most of my team make Give me Praise. I Sit back still in my gear as I watch the rest of the Match unfold J Carter scoring a great knock of 102* Carrying Barbados to 289/6

Fielding i have done decent I had drop one catch, but Save most of the Runs. Leeward fell Short as the Game went into the Final Over, Leewards had done with 285/6
We went on to win the Match by 4 Runs with J Carter scoring 102* Name MOTM.
I felt great my first match and my first Victory and I had score some runs.

2d14h8m.jpg

Last edited:

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
Nervous 2nd One Day Match.

Have been very nervous for the past two day, as we head into the next One Day match, which will be against a better opposition, Trinidad and Tobago. I had done decent against Leeward Island and was looking to continue my decent form, as I head deep into the competition. I know Trinidad will come hard at me and I will try not to break down. A few hours before the match, i had a decent amount of time in the net, yet again I had woken up early. I wanted to get a good amount of time in the Net to keep my Eye and head focus as I go up against a good Trinidad side.

We had won the Toss and selected to bat.
Like the first match , I was trying to defend the ball to get my eye. Unfortunately this time I started to get frustrated very early, just two ball faced and nearly gotten run out, then started to swing the bat and missed nearly ever ball. After a few swing and miss , I had finally get bat on to the ball for a boundary, four runs. I started to get edges and missed the ball completely. I then started to hit a couple of boundary, but unfortunately was unable to carry on. Was Caught for 17 run off 18 Ball. I was very disappointed with myself. I know I could of done a better Job.

HIGHLIGHTS:

Last edited:

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
Preparation for the upcoming match.

One week away from my next One Day assignment. I didn't wanted to failed again, as I started to Train very hard, Putting 5 - 6 hours of hard training each day to prepare myself. In my mind during the training , I cant Failed again, I cant failed again.

The Coach came to me and had give me advice, tell me that all i need to do is take my time and bat, If I do that I can get big scores.

I wanted to get that Century, its my focus, I also need to push my Avg up and Over 50.
Still a long way to go. Hoping for a First Class Selection.

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
Having Faith VS Jamaica

The Night before my 3rd One Day Match. I sat on my bed pondering, 'I cannot fail again, I must put my foot forward and give a great performance.' As my Father enters the room. My father had given some great advice, saying don't give up nor put yourself down, you will success you just need to take your time at the crease, your more capable batsmen and I know you will impress everyone out there, keep your head up. Just before he was about to left the room he turn and told me, whatever happen tomorrow, remember this, never give up. I felt good as i feel asleep

The day of the Match, We were chasing a big total 335 Runs to win. We were 28/1, as the coach quickly told me, relax and play your game, don't look to do anything extra, just relax. I started off again in a defensive role, as I just block the rest of the over. Unfortunately, Yet again it wasn't to be my day, I was bowled by J Taylor after facing 15 Balls and only managing to score 5 runs, We end up losing by 148 Runs. After the Match the coach came up to me, he was very disappointed. He sit and told me one more game he will be giving me, and I need to step up now, the Number 3 batsmen is a very important Role in the team. He needs some one who can manage this spot. Just before he got up, he said I have faith in you, but you need to show me you belong in this team.

I knew I am about to blow my opportunity, everyone has faith in me, yet i disappoint. Next match I must give my best performance, if not i may end up on the bench, We got another game in 2 days time I must be prepare for it.

NO HIGHLIGHTS AVAILABLE [didn't record, because forgot to press the button]

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
Need to Step up

Windward Island, A team which is rising each year, I have to try my hardest to score run against them.
I woke up very depressed, really would like to get over this day and pull a great performance.
Sitting at my dinning table, as I toke my breakfast, i had been thinking how i am going to play today.
My father calm me down, saying take it easy.

After finishing my breakfast, I went early again to the net and had a practice session. Here middling all the of the ball in the net. Was having a great time in the net, I know this will be my day, as my confidence build. The Coach was looking on, as he walk towards me. He again have given me praise, Saying this is the type of player I would love to see out there in the middle. Confidence and wants to play. You are a very determine player and I want to see you play like this today. I then reply to the coach by saying, I feel today is my day, I have a strong feeling i wouldn't disappoint today.

As the Day started we won the toss and bowled. Windward made 256 Runs.
I had started off playing Defensive shots. Playing very positive. Again after facing a few ball, I played and awful shot edging the ball on to the stump, Bowled for 5 after facing 10 balls. As Soon as the ball edge I knew i was gone and without looking on too much i just turn with my face down as i head back in the pavilion. I knew I blow it, my cricketing career Maybe coming to an end. I had my face down as i pass all the players and the Coach, I knew it was a big disappointment for the Coach, so much expectation and i didn't delivered.
We went on to lose the match.
The Coach came to me, after the match. Telling me , he is sorry to bring this to me, but he will be looking to drop me from the next match, he was very disappointed, he had better expectation in me. Just before he left, He said, I know you have a lot of capability of becoming a great player. I am going to try something, give me a some time, As he leave .

I hope that something is going to get me back in the Side.
As for Now I am on the edge of been kick out of the Barbados team and my future in Cricket.

Users who are viewing this thread