Not open for further replies.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Every computer model fed exactly the same data will come out with exactly the same result.

What you are talking about is randomisation.

This does not mean it's scripted or forced to reach a particular result, it's just not randomised.

As someone said above merely play one ball and you'll likely get a different outcome.

To me, scripting is what is talked of when one targets a particular outcome to occur regardless of inputs - we don't do that - we work on input data alone and work out the result.

Last edited:

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
This was my thoughts as well....like I said 3 times, same exact score when simmed. I just kept playing anyway so it didn't bother me too much. TBH I can cope with that kind of scripting or whatever (assuming it happens) because it keeps the game interesting.

What really irks me though is the fact I can't change players in the team. Every other cricket game I've played gave you the ability to change players. I know this must have flow on effects for how the career mode works but seeing the same players in the teams (esp when you replace all at a certain point) just kills the immersion. I was hoping someone could mod it or something but I don't see anything changing anytime soon. :(

You've never had Career Mode before so essentially the statement "Every other cricket game I've played gave you the ability to change players" is false in that regard.

Indeed outside of Career Mode we also allow you to change any team any time, in fact more so than any other Cricket game ever.

The_Pharoah

International Coach
Every computer model fed exactly the same data will come out with exactly the same result.

What you are talking about is randomisation.

This does not mean it's scripted or forced to reach a particular result, it's just not randomised.

As someone said above merely play one ball and you'll likely get a different outcome.

To me, scripting is what is talked of when one targets a particular outcome to occur regardless of inputs - we don't do that - we work on input data alone and work out the result.

True but randomisation does not equal the same result 3 times in a row. Look, at the end of the day it doesn't bother me too much. I was asking more from the point of scripting in that 'in this game, Aust WILL be down 3/61 regardless of what <player 1> does to put them in Y position'...that kind of scripting I'm talking about, not at "From over 6.3 = lose 3 wickets in a row" kinda thing. Getting the exact same result 3 times in a row kinda made me think of that. Like I said, I don't mind it so much because thats exactly what happens IRL...even the current Aussie side can be 5-35 on any given day. However this is a forum to report bugs, etc and thats what I've done.

Re not being able to change the players - yes I've been here from the beginning'ish and I really do love the career mode...but 14 months later, unfortunately the euphoria has died down and I'm seeing the same players year in and year out with no ability to change it. Fair enough...but its human nature to always want something better aye?

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Not sure you understand where I am coming from - we do not randomise - so exactly same input gives same result but it's not a scripted outcome as we don't work to a result we work from the data given.

There are many reasons for no edits being allowed, too many game breaking scenarios to do with players being deleted etc.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
*ONE* "thanks"? ONE???

You're all unworthy - That post was the single best ever contribution to Planet Cricket and, perhaps, to civilization.

Pfft.

:)

D

Dutch

*ONE* "thanks"? ONE???

You're all unworthy - That post was the single best ever contribution to Planet Cricket and, perhaps, to civilization.

Pfft.

:)
1 minute 44 is way too long for most here.....:p

Last edited by a moderator:

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Just to say game crashes after 1st wicket for me at the moment. Never had the issue before.

Hope this helps!

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Some weird behavior in online Co-op [1.15.8]:
Can also be considered fun moments...

2015-06-30_00004.jpg
2015-06-30_00005.jpg

The_Pharoah

International Coach
Not sure you understand where I am coming from - we do not randomise - so exactly same input gives same result but it's not a scripted outcome as we don't work to a result we work from the data given.

There are many reasons for no edits being allowed, too many game breaking scenarios to do with players being deleted etc.

Will this come in DB16? (if you say yes, I'll shut up....if you say no...well.....I'll probably shut up anyway but still nice to know).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread