Football Transfers Thread

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
We've just bought Clasie from Feyenoord where he was highly regarded. We replaced Clyne with Cedric Soarse who's a young Portuguese international and we're linked to Virgil Van Dijk from Celtic who will hopefully be our CB. We also bought Juanmi who's a young Spanish attacker so all good so far.
Really admire the way Southampton have been going about filling their ranks after their best players have left. Koeman has been exceptionally astute in the transfer market, hope Villa can follow suit.
Hate to see him leave, but it looks like we're going to make a pretty good return on Bentekkers. Would rather have seen him go to United or something, what are Liverpool really going to do with another target man if they aren't utilising Lambert? His choice I guess. He's going to be wanting Champ League football somewhere else when he realises they can't deliver anymore.
And the less said about Delph the better.
Too tired of Villa being a feeder club.

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
Really admire the way Southampton have been going about filling their ranks after their best players have left. Koeman has been exceptionally astute in the transfer market, hope Villa can follow suit.
Hate to see him leave, but it looks like we're going to make a pretty good return on Bentekkers. Would rather have seen him go to United or something, what are Liverpool really going to do with another target man if they aren't utilising Lambert? His choice I guess. He's going to be wanting Champ League football somewhere else when he realises they can't deliver anymore.
And the less said about Delph the better.
Too tired of Villa being a feeder club.

We seem to have gone about our business pretty well, it's going to be difficult replacing Alderweireld though, he was possibly the best centreback I have seen in a Saints shirt. I can't see our defence being anywhere near as solid as it was last season, we've sold Clyne and Forster will be out possibly for most of the season.

Selling Benteke should give you some room to maneuver in the transfer market, God knows what Liverpool, are up to are they going to play 5 strikers at a time this season? I'll be surprised if Brenda is still there come the end of the season. I'd be disappointed if you guys bought Adebayor as I've seen mentioned, he's far too hot and cold and generally cold these days. 15 mill for Austin though, wouldn't be a bad shout.
Delph just epitomises the modern footballer, they like to spout off how loyal they are but there's none, he'll just become another English bench-warmer at City. Reminds me slightly of what happened with Lallana last season, one minute he's signing a 5 year contract saying that he wanted to spend his career at Saints the next he's demanding to be sold to Liverpool. F**k em. Players come and go, I reckon Benteke's transfer was a big factor in Delph's u-turn though.

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
We seem to have gone about our business pretty well, it's going to be difficult replacing Alderweireld though, he was possibly the best centreback I have seen in a Saints shirt. I can't see our defence being anywhere near as solid as it was last season, we've sold Clyne and Forster will be out possibly for most of the season.

Selling Benteke should give you some room to maneuver in the transfer market, God knows what Liverpool, are up to are they going to play 5 strikers at a time this season? I'll be surprised if Brenda is still there come the end of the season. I'd be disappointed if you guys bought Adebayor as I've seen mentioned, he's far too hot and cold and generally cold these days. 15 mill for Austin though, wouldn't be a bad shout.
Delph just epitomises the modern footballer, they like to spout off how loyal they are but there's none, he'll just become another English bench-warmer at City. Reminds me slightly of what happened with Lallana last season, one minute he's signing a 5 year contract saying that he wanted to spend his career at Saints the next he's demanding to be sold to Liverpool. F**k em. Players come and go, I reckon Benteke's transfer was a big factor in Delph's u-turn though.
Really wouldn't mind Austin at the club. If we do pull that deal off, we might even make another nice profit on him in a few years when Man City come crawling back to knock on the door :p Seriously though, If we don't make befitting replacements I really can't see us getting lucky in another relegation scrap, the best clubs don't sell their best players, simple as, and Villa are just too big a club to be providing a little resource bank for clubs to come back to all the time. However seeing the calibre of players we're after makes be very optimistic though. Followed Jordan Amavi last season, he is an excellent addition along with Idrissa Gueye.
Didn't know about Forster's injury, that's really going to hamper his chances of being on the plane to the Euros isn't it? Surprised that you've pulled off the signing of Clasie, would've thought the top 4 would've engaged in an all out scrap for him given the speculation, but I guess you've earned the right to be able to attract that calibre of player. Should fill Schneiderlin's boots quite perfectly. Don't know about anyone else, but Southampton would definitely look more appealing to me than Liverpool now :p

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
Really wouldn't mind Austin at the club. If we do pull that deal off, we might even make another nice profit on him in a few years when Man City come crawling back to knock on the door :p Seriously though, If we don't make befitting replacements I really can't see us getting lucky in another relegation scrap, the best clubs don't sell their best players, simple as, and Villa are just too big a club to be providing a little resource bank for clubs to come back to all the time. However seeing the calibre of players we're after makes be very optimistic though. Followed Jordan Amavi last season, he is an excellent addition along with Idrissa Gueye.
Didn't know about Forster's injury, that's really going to hamper his chances of being on the plane to the Euros isn't it? Surprised that you've pulled off the signing of Clasie, would've thought the top 4 would've engaged in an all out scrap for him given the speculation, but I guess you've earned the right to be able to attract that calibre of player. Should fill Schneiderlin's boots quite perfectly. Don't know about anyone else, but Southampton would definitely look more appealing to me than Liverpool now :p

I don't know anything about Amavi, but we were interested in Gueye, he was on our shortlist apparently but we didn't make him an offer. I guess we chose to go with Clasie instead and his previous relationship with Koeman has meant we have been able to pull this off. I would like us to have gone for the pair of them, as besides Big Vic who's an absolute tank I feel we could do with a bit more strength in midfield now Morgs has gone. Clasie looks class but he's a small fella.

Saints can't compete with the wages(are not willing to) the likes of Liverpool and Spurs can offer so players are always going to follow the money. Clyne's interview when he first joined Liverpool is hilarious, talking about how Rodgers can really help him develop as a player when he has just left a manger who was one of the greatest defenders the game has seen. He'll do well there though as he's a quality right back.

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Well Arsenal have signed a 16 year old and Cech who I really thought we didn't need as much as a striker or DM... Honestly if we get a DM then I think we can compete for the title. Would love William Carvalho to compete with Coq who is IMO the best DM in the Premier League. This would be my ideal XI

Cech
Debuchy-Mertasacker-Koscielny-Gibbs
Coquelin
Ramsey
Sanchez-Ozil-Cazorla
Giroud (Or Walcott)

We could definetly do with a good striker but Wenger will never cash out 30m+ on someone who isnt a midfielder, Id also hate it if Higuain came, think he is massively overrated and too similar to Giroud. Honestly think that this is our season...

Markkkkk

Profile Flag
South Africa
Deluded much? Matic and Schneiderlin are head and shoulders above Coq atm. I'd say Wanyama is too

On skill maybe, but since January Coqs stats are better then Matic but I'm not sure about Schneiderlin but he seems like more of a deep lying playmaker then an out and out DM. Wanyama aint close though but in fairness I havent seen much of him...

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
On skill maybe, but since January Coqs stats are better then Matic but I'm not sure about Schneiderlin but he seems like more of a deep lying playmaker then an out and out DM. Wanyama aint close though but in fairness I havent seen much of him...

To be fair I've had a look at his stats and they add up. So I'll take back the deluded comment, I still say that Morgs and Matic are better players. Will be interesting to see how Coquelin gets on this season. Do you not rate Welbeck then? I think he is a far better player than people make out.

Markkkkk

Profile Flag
South Africa
To be fair I've had a look at his stats and they add up. So I'll take back the deluded comment, I still say that Morgs and Matic are better players. Will be interesting to see how Coquelin gets on this season. Do you not rate Welbeck then? I think he is a far better player than people make out.

Yea another season like the last and it will be hard to argue against him. I think Welbecks good its just I think Giroud is better and I prefer having strikers that are either target men or pacey strikers who get behind the line where as Welbeck kind of has a bit of everything. He could very well overtake Giroud and Walcott this year or better yet get loaned out to a lower team like Watford or another country and get some first team football. On a side note Szczensy will be one of the best goalkeepers in the world in 3-5 years time, Cech will definantly help him develop...

GlitchInTheMatrix

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
Hope his arrival to Chelsea will stop Mourinho on playing Ramires on the wings :p
11899991_10153143928948517_7865150561457672623_n.png

Also Chelsea have got work permit for the young Brazilian Kenedy.

Manchester City media round up 22 August - Manchester City FC
Whoa this signing will make them even more brutal

Users who are viewing this thread