MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Hey the game crashes as soon as the options(casual,tour,competition) come. The screen turns black and the pc restarts. I was not having a problem before. It started after this new update. I got a small update on the 27th or 28th of july. Ever since that I am having problems.
Can you give some more details on your PC - such as the version of Windows that you are running and the specifications of your PC.

Running 'dxdiag' (press the Windows key and R at the same time and then type dxdiag into the box and click ok) and then clicking the 'Save All Information' button and then uploading the resulting document will help if you don't know the answers to the above questions.

nikhilranjan94

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Can you give some more details on your PC - such as the version of Windows that you are running and the specifications of your PC.

Running 'dxdiag' (press the Windows key and R at the same time and then type dxdiag into the box and click ok) and then clicking the 'Save All Information' button and then uploading the resulting document will help if you don't know the answers to the above questions.

My system information has been attached here

Attachments

• System information.txt
    48 KB · Views: 16

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
My system information has been attached here
You don't seem to meet the minimum requirements, but that still shouldn't cause your system to reboot.

One thing to try would be to rename the 'Don Bradman Cricket 14' folder that is in your My Documents\My Games folder - that has all your save files in it, and if you rename it you can safely run the game on a fresh profile. If that then lets you go in the game and play, then sending the contents of the folder you renamed might help us find the issue.

If the game still restarts, let me know.

nikhilranjan94

Club Captain
Matt...My pc was supporting the game perfectly till this last week..steam had also updated itself last week. I have batman origins game aswell on steam. I see that the same problem of crashing happens with batman also. I am not facing issues with non steam games.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
If other games crash, you might have got a Windows or driver update that is causing problems.

There's not much that could be done in our end for a problem that is on multiple games, and it is likely a coincidence that you got a DBC update around the same time.

VampyreSquirrel

Club Captain
Matt...My pc was supporting the game perfectly till this last week..steam had also updated itself last week. I have batman origins game aswell on steam. I see that the same problem of crashing happens with batman also. I am not facing issues with non steam games.
I had a crashing issue on my computer as well, and it was my PC getting too hot. Make sure that you check that before you blame the game.

VampyreSquirrel

Club Captain
Most annoying thing for me at the moment is my field will change in career to an attacking spinners field (I'm a fast-med bowler) if I haven't bowled in a couple overs, and it'll change for both batsmen. I know it'll change if a batsman goes out, but this will happen when no wickets have fallen.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
one thing i get that happens randomly is when at the loading screen for a game the press x to continue bit doesn't come up, it just keeps switching between the lineups and realworlddataTM weather without going into the game so i have to alt f4.

happens both when resuming and when starting games from scratch, not noticed any pattern and doesn't happen every time though often enough to be vexing

jan52

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I am also having the exact same issue as blockerdave
after the latest update. Also tried playing online after a while and game froze after 1 over of my batting on 3 occasions. I saved the games but it gave an error to continue the saved online match.

Roshan Iyer

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
New Zealand
i was bowling as a part timer for derbyshire [list a] in other words [pro40] when i took my 1st wicket it was fine but when i took my 2nd wicket in the match in career mode game randomly crashed.

Last edited:

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I am also having the exact same issue as blockerdave
after the latest update. Also tried playing online after a while and game froze after 1 over of my batting on 3 occasions. I saved the games but it gave an error to continue the saved online match.

I wonder how many more have the same problem as blockerdave

themusketeer

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Playing an online test match. Felt really different. Edges were flying to fly slip but there was no one to catch it. Took 6 wickets with leg-spin out of 8, 2 keeper's catch, 1 bowled, 2 to slips and 1 lbw. On the other hand fast bowling isn't rewarding at all in test.
Have to see, if the slow dead balls are there or not.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Users who are viewing this thread