LEAGUE Rugby League Live 3

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
It's looking very much like a gap between console and PC - I don't think that's been confirmed yet though. They're just doing the usual thing where they are weirdly evasive. I mean, understandably: it's not what most want to hear, but given the vociferousness of the supporters I think there's probably more damage in looking like you're keeping it deliberately secret than just to come out and explain why. It's rather questionable.
Once again Alternative Software on board as well, and once again it looks like there's been some delay as the UK release is a week behind. I *really* don't get that this time - Such a shame.

I do kinda wish that BA could find a publisher that they could work with better - one that could tie together a global release and just manage the marketing and distribution better - there's clearly been some problems with that with DBC and RLL. I do think they're getting to the kind of capacity, with a raft of sports titles, to move to a model where they can do it all themselves: the only obstacle to that at the moment would be boxed product, which you need a much bigger publishing machine to handle. and licensing (but that could move internally quite easily I would think).
It would have huge advantages, not least with loosening Ross's tongue and allowing him free range to talk about the game without having to worry about protecting 3rd party interests. Having already kicked the publisher's guy off their official forum, if nothing else it would be much more entertaining. :)

Some gameplay here - Rugby League Live 3 Gameplay – Challenge Cup Final Preview: Leeds Rhinos vs. Hull KR | Power Up Gaming

(There was a piece on Kotaku by the way: Rugby League Live 3 Isn't Looking Too Bad | Kotaku Australia - It's not great, but all publicity is good publicity!)

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Having already kicked the publisher's guy off their official forum, if nothing else it would be much more entertaining

Wait what?

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
Ugh, not going to bother sounds abysmal... I think BA need to get away from HES just based on the distribution debacle for DBC.

But it does remind me to hit @Ross up next time he's looking for someone to run his social media stuff...

EDIT:

I caved, I like [HASHTAG]#loldrama[/HASHTAG] ...who puts a kid in charge of that kinda stuff? Wow.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Ugh, not going to bother sounds abysmal... I think BA need to get away from HES just based on the distribution debacle for DBC.

But it does remind me to hit @Ross up next time he's looking for someone to run his social media stuff...

EDIT:

I caved, I like [HASHTAG]#loldrama[/HASHTAG] ...who puts a kid in charge of that kinda stuff? Wow.

The Rugby ones have always been better: this one brought back all the Sidhe/BA bickering of yesteryear.

I was a bit surprised - I though it was all these young people that were supposed to be GOOD at social media? Why he thought it was a good idea to try and take on Ross on his own forum I have no clue.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
Yeah... take on Ross from a neutral venue [HASHTAG]#amirite[/HASHTAG]?

...or just be cool if you're representing a company, rookie. In my experience those that claim to be social media experts have little to no idea how that "media" part is supposed to work, and have very little of the "social" part to fake it.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Yeah... take on Ross from a neutral venue [HASHTAG]#amirite[/HASHTAG]?

...or just be cool if you're representing a company, rookie. In my experience those that claim to be social media experts have little to no idea how that "media" part is supposed to work, and have very little of the "social" part to fake it.

No such thing as a social media "Expert" - the landscape changes too quickly, so you're always adapting and changing. It doesn't stay still long enough for anyone to attain that level.

It's really hard to represent a company though - you have to tread oh-so-carefully and it's an epic responsibility.
To be honest I'm not really sure what there was to gain for Tru Blu to send in a rep into an already established community - It's not like anyone there wasn't already 100% on-board with BA.
Also, don't do an "Ask Me Anything!" if you're not able to answer the questions!

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
Also, don't do an "Ask Me Anything!" if you're not able to answer the questions!

Well that was the first red flag for me. You can't do a reddit-style AMA in a forum if you don't have carte-blanche to back it up. I would've simply lurked in a thread as Ross does here and answered what I can when I could, and worked closely with the Forum Admin team so it was constructive and positive. There's no point in becoming the hero of the information AMA style, other than to get forum-famous... which seemed to be what his angle was? I dunno, I kinda disagree with you in the sense that the landscape is changing quickly... yes, it changes but you need to employ someone would speaks the language and can engage the community in a manner that they respect and is entertaining for them, without pandering. You look at someone like UbiGabe who's clearly a fan first and does a top job being "one of the blokes" yet does a great job of selling the product ...and he's just one example. You gotta be willing to get a little dirty but ultimately the role of any social media personality for a company is to be 'of the people' yet work effectively behind the scenes with the corporate overlords.

...sure create a little drama for entertainment when you need to, but do it so it seems organic and has the blessing of the people paying the bills first and foremost.

Respect the role you play, be honest, remain a fan and the rest is easy, in my opinion.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Well that was the first red flag for me. You can't do a reddit-style AMA in a forum if you don't have carte-blanche to back it up. I would've simply lurked in a thread as Ross does here and answered what I can when I could, and worked closely with the Forum Admin team so it was constructive and positive. There's no point in becoming the hero of the information AMA style, other than to get forum-famous... which seemed to be what his angle was? I dunno, I kinda disagree with you in the sense that the landscape is changing quickly... yes, it changes but you need to employ someone would speaks the language and can engage the community in a manner that they respect and is entertaining for them, without pandering. You look at someone like UbiGabe who's clearly a fan first and does a top job being "one of the blokes" yet does a great job of selling the product ...and he's just one example. You gotta be willing to get a little dirty but ultimately the role of any social media personality for a company is to be 'of the people' yet work effectively behind the scenes with the corporate overlords.

...sure create a little drama for entertainment when you need to, but do it so it seems organic and has the blessing of the people paying the bills first and foremost.

Respect the role you play, be honest, remain a fan and the rest is easy, in my opinion.

I can see why they'd want to do it - Managing the Facebook crazies and then looking across at a forum of mostly sensible, interested, respectful people - who WOULDN'T want to jump the fence and go there instead?

But then we don't know for sure whether this guy was choosing to do it, or whether that's what he was being instructed to do. Hard to say. I hope it was him, because the treatment he got was super harsh - and the worst punishment of all was that he had to go back and face the music on the Facebook page, but with the EXTRA indignity of having some guys follow him there and snipe at him there too! :)

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
Oh, I get why he was there, Facebook is a trash dump unless you have time to properly moderate it. I just don't get what a HES guy would show up on a developer forum and not work with them or the admin team? Seemed like he took them all by surprise and had the wrong info which, rightly pissed the guys off there. It's like me showing up at your house and telling you that your toilet is facing the wrong way, then telling your guests all about it. Odd. But hey, we're armchair quarterbacking this to the extreme...

....and I'll get banned by @MattW for an American Football reference.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Sometime it's the wrong info, sometimes it's just withheld (for no real good reason). They've been bombarded with questions for weeks because there's been no mention of the PC release - everyone has been asking whether it will be a delayed release, most reasonably saying "I don't mind waiting if it is, I just want to know" and Tru Blu have never confirmed it. I don't really understand why not - it's pretty standard practice now to have a stalled delay on PC. It just feels like they aren't being 100% upfront by not confirming it.

Mind you, news this morning is that the 360/PS3 versions are going to be a week or so late for some reason. It's such a shame that TB can't get this all together - there's no good excuse for not being able to do a global ship of all platforms if you actually wait until the last minute to announce a release date - if you're going to do that, don't announce until you are 100% sure it's going to happen.

Users who are viewing this thread