India's Tour Of Sri Lanka- August 2015

aditya123

National Board President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Has the pitch eased up? Nohit and Binny have stitched a stabilizing partnership here. I suspect the wicket is easing then.

PokerAce

Banned
I wouldn't say eased, Binny has edged so many through the slips and over gully. A good effort from Binny has quickly taken the game away from SL. Rohit now gone, after his 50 as expected, another 50 runs from here should be enough. Ashwin, Mishra still to get in, India should get to 300 at least in regard to the lead.

grkrama

National Board President
Mukul Kesavan: Why is Pujara given the short shrift? | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

fantastic read on the rohit pujara situation

When he passed 50 in this innings, Sanjay Manjrekar asked Sunil Gavaskar on commentary if Pujara had done enough to regain his place in the team or whether he needed to clinch it with a hundred. Gavaskar's elaborately considered opinion was that in the current set-up, Pujara needed a 150 to be in serious contention. A century and a half? What team of titans was this? And what bastion of Bradmans was Pujara trying to breach?

Meanwhile Rohit has had a free run in the middle order. He was played at No. 3 (Pujara's preferred place, where he has played nearly all his Test cricket) till the first Test in Galle, and when he failed there, Rahane was kicked upstairs so that Rohit could find a more sheltered billet at No. 5. When Pujara was grinding through his massive innings at the SSC in Colombo, the commentary team, made up of Manjrekar, Gavaskar and Aakash Chopra, came to the curious conclusion that Rohit was tailor-made for the No. 5 spot because he could "express" himself and play with the tail. Suddenly it was as if Rohit had some natural lien on the lower berth, while Pujara would have to duke it out for a top-order place with the likes of Rahul and Rahane, or even one of the settled openers

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I don't consider the opinion of Manjerekar/Gavaskar. Manjerekar in particular is just DUMB. There is a LOT wrong with Indian cricket at the moment and the root are it's selectors. Binny? Jeez! Even Ravi Shastri needs to be packed up! We need a good coach that lurks in the background and yet makes an impact @ training and the nets. We need a bunch of selectors without any conflict of interest and we need an efficient bowling coach from abroad that can tell our bowlers how to keep the intensity up in a series. I also think that a good coach can impart a lot of good on Kohli who is new to captaincy! Shastri looks like a sure candidate of substance abuse, so I don't know how he can be any good to Virat.

PokerAce

Banned
I think what Ishant was telling Prasad is that his short pitch stuff is not scary, he should try and hit him on the helmet.

PokerAce

Banned
The lower order really did well, and as expected that first innings lead proved to be invaluable. India were safe with the lead at 300, those extra 80 odd runs have just put SL out of the game. Its India's to lose, and India should have enough in the tank with the ball to get those SL batsmen out. 2 wickets this evening would be great.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
I think what Ishant was telling Prasad is that his short pitch stuff is not scary, he should try and hit him on the helmet.

He (Ishant) was being really stupid. Perhaps that's just him. Been acting like a jerk all series. Very 'wanna be' Dale Steyn. Only thing is that it suits Steyn.

Last edited:

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Ishant has gone mental, I like it !! :D

It was very disgraceful. I don't know how fans like that sort of stuff. Passion is fine, misbehavior is not. He's clearly been misbehaving non stop all series. Kohli wants to play cricket like Australia. That's fine, but you don't need to be turds like them. Really really poor! Bad winners are worse than bad losers.

Edit- I have a feeling I will smash my TV today, thanks to Manjerekar.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I fear a rearguard from Mattews here. For some reason, I feel this game is far from over especially with our knack of making a contest out of an almost-won game.

PokerAce

Banned
I think the game is brilliantly set up. India ahead ofcrouse, but if SL have a good session, they will be in with a shot of chasing the total down. The pitch still good for batting.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
The grass is always greener on the other side. However, we have found a lot more quick bowlers in the last decade than in the past 50 years of our cricket history. Munaf, Sreesanth, RP, Irfan all had good starts to their career and were bowling early 140s for a while before fading away. Similarly, Zaheer was phenomenal for a long time and was actually the reason we got to that No.1 position in tests along with the Fab 4. In Yadav, Aaron and Shami we have 3 bowlers who can bowl quick and should be persisted with. Ishit is slowly showing progress. Add Bhuvi to the list the quick/seam-bowling stocks are not as bad as our spin bowling stocks where we have had to go back to Harby and Mishra.
Agree with everything, but obviously I was only being very tongue in cheek in my original post. :p

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Missed all of yesterday's play, but dat Ishant tho... :eek: numbers sometimes lie, but when it's Ishant, you have to feel happy nonetheless.

Ishant Sharma this series, thus far
Jb5KwDS.png

9vfbSmu.png

Users who are viewing this thread