TV Series General Discussion

T.A.Sa_biTT

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
I am done watching Blacklist S2.
Loved it as much i did the S1. Waiting for the next season to come out on October!! :D
For now, I will start watching Arrow from season 1. :)
Watched 2 episodes of The Blacklist as soon as I finished Sherlock. Maybe that's why didn't meet my expectation:p But I'll try later
Just finished Arrow, season 1 yesterday. Mind-blowing! It became one of my favorites. :yes :thumbs

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Doctor Who is good, and the ninth (or 35th depending on whether you count the original series which is also good, if you like low-budget British sci-fi which I do) series started yesterday. First episode wasn't fantastic but it was good fun and I admire a drama that isn't 100% super serious all of the time. There's something else that I really liked about it but I'll spoiler tag it since knowing it would really spoil the cold open...

I really like the way they seem to be handling Davros: and relationship between him and the Doctor which seems deeper than the pure hatred thing that lots of these sort of programmes have between the protagonist and antagonist. They'll probably ruin in the second part next week but oh well. They also seem to have added something to the Daleks which ought to make them scarier to children and I approve of them scaring kids... Plus it also had Peter Capaldi playing an electric guitar on a tank, just because they could and I appreciate a programme occasionally being very silly just because.

D

Deleted member 149013

Finally i am done with breaking bad.
awesome serious, absolutely loved it :D

can anyone suggest some awesome comedy tv shows apart tbbt, two and a half men? :)

Comedies:

2 broke girls :usa:

An Idiot Abroad/The moaning of life :eng:

Anger management (Charlie Sheen) :usa:

Another period :usa:

Black books :eng:

Dads :usa:

Fawlty towers (recommend by Ice but it’s worth watching) :eng:

Friends (comedy classic recommended by Sabit) :usa:

How not to live your life :eng:

My name is Earl :usa:

Peep show :eng:

Raising Hope :usa:

Testees :can:

The league of gentleman :eng:

The middle :usa:

The odd couple (remake, similar to two and a half men but not as good) :usa:

You’re the worst :usa:

Freeks and geeks :usa: has some funny moments in it.

Just finished watching Hand of god :usa: which was similar to Breaking bad/Sons of anarchy.

D

Deleted member 149013

Doctor Who is good, and the ninth (or 35th depending on whether you count the original series which is also good, if you like low-budget British sci-fi which I do) series started yesterday. First episode wasn't fantastic but it was good fun and I admire a drama that isn't 100% super serious all of the time. There's something else that I really liked about it but I'll spoiler tag it since knowing it would really spoil the cold open...

I really like the way they seem to be handling Davros: and relationship between him and the Doctor which seems deeper than the pure hatred thing that lots of these sort of programmes have between the protagonist and antagonist. They'll probably ruin in the second part next week but oh well. They also seem to have added something to the Daleks which ought to make them scarier to children and I approve of them scaring kids... Plus it also had Peter Capaldi playing an electric guitar on a tank, just because they could and I appreciate a programme occasionally being very silly just because.

It was great when Matt Smith and Karen Gillan were in it.
Matt Smith the best doctor I think since the reboot and Karen Gillan was just really hot.

The new doctor doesn’t have much character or screen presence but still watch it.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Such a long list of comedies, and yet it doesn't feature most of my favorites

The Office (US) - my most favorite show of all time (barring the last season)
South Park
Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia
- the current best comedy on TV today !!! The writing is so fresh and one of the few comedies that actually cares about developing the characters without skimping on the humor.

Other honorable mentions:
Parks and Recreation
Silicon Valley
Brooklyn Nine nine
Modern Family

Varun

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Don't Blink!

(haven't really seen Dr. Who, but a friend who has made me see this episode. Well this and the one about Silence.)

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well, I have watched a few-

Prison Break
White Collar
How I met your mother
Friends
The Big Bang Theory
House MD
Breaking Bad
Dexter
Newsroom
Modern Family
Game Of Thrones
Two and Half men
Sherlock
Coupling

My favorites are- Friends, Prison Break, Dexter, Modern Family.

Planning to watch in this order- Flash, House of cards, Quantico, 24.

Last edited:

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Watching House of Cards .. on episode 10 for the first season. Absolutely brilliant so far.

Kevin Spacey never ceases to amaze

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
Been busy, saw only the 1st episode, if you're not hooked by the beginning you will be totally hooked by the end. Jessica Jones binge is what I'm doing this Thanksgiving break, thank you Marvel
You don't have to wait till the end to get hooked 3 or 4 episode will do fine.From there on wards you would want to watch the next episode as soon as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread