Solve your computer problem with the help of experts!

Aravind.

ICC Board Member
India
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
In my view, getting Lenovo means fooling yourself. Battery is a major issue as laptop heats up more often. I hardly remember playing any games on it or performing any heavy tasks. I just used to spend a lot of my time on Internet. Still that caused to face heating after certain intervals. I guess 2.4 GHz i3 processor is fair enough to run a browser without creating problems, but that didn't go all fine. I had to replace hard disk and keyboard after one year (I bet it occurred due to the heating as I didn't hit my laptop any single time). Got it repaired and keyboard failed again after few months. I don't even remember using it after its first failure since I got new Dell laptop. But my dad used it daily, still hardly more than an hour a day (I remember he spent his all time viewing excel sheets, and not for a task heavier than that). My experience with this Dell laptop is fine so far. It features i5 processor having 1.7 GHz clockspeed with tb upto 2.4 GHz, but I've not been able to listen the fan noise that often (not unless I run high end games from 2013-14). Everything is smooth. I feel this has been a good buy for me. Anyways, based upon my experience as an user, I'd suggest a Dell laptop, or once check for HP pavilion series before Lenovo eats you.

What's your Dell laptop's name ?

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
If you don't want to travel much, I recommend get a PC is a far more better than Lappies buddy.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
I am going to spend next few years in hostel, that's why I am preferring Lap than PC.
NO worries then, you should for Lap then.

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
Dell Inspiron 15 3542

I won't recommend you that one, that's completely a POS but way too comfortable for anyone looking it for non-gaming purpose. If you're looking one for gaming, I'd suggest HP pavilion series or better buy PC (they're best for that). By the way, my laptop costed me 47k including 4 GB ram extension. It actually came with 4 GB ram.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
@Rabbit I'm also looking to get a PC after my exams(March). Won't want much but games like FIFA 16, the DBC16 should work something like that. What should I go for? (You can expect me spend anything between 30-40ks)

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
@Rabbit I'm also looking to get a PC after my exams(March). Won't want much but games like FIFA 16, the DBC16 should work something like that. What should I go for? (You can expect me spend anything between 30-40ks)
Honestly, I don't know that much about PCs. All I know is PC have better clockspeed (which is extremely recommended for gaming) at cheap cost, and graphic card is switchable unlike laptops in which you just can't change the in-built gc. I shall try to find better PCs for you within that price range, once I find some free time. But I guess, 30-40k won't make you get a FIFA 16 compatible. You may have to extend your budget a little bit.

ed: By switchable gc I meant you can replace the old gc with new one. Actually laptops too support switchable gpu, but they have to be between the two that come at the time you buy it. I have intel one and nvidia one, and I can choose either for any program.

Last edited:

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Honestly, I don't know that much about PCs. All I know is PC have better clockspeed (which is extremely recommended for gaming) at cheap cost, and graphic card is switchable unlike laptops in which you just can't change the in-built gc. I shall try to find better PCs for you within that price range, once I find some free time. But I guess, 30-40k won't make you get a FIFA 16 compatible. You may have to extend your budget a little bit.
42-45k? Because I've been using this PQC PC with a tweaking 2GB RAM and 1GB inbuilt Graphic card that really a piece of Shit.

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
42-45k? Because I've been using this PQC PC with a tweaking 2GB RAM and 1GB inbuilt Graphic card that really a piece of Shit.
Rather buying a new one, extend specs of your current PC then or just get a new motherboard. That will save much money tbh. 4GB RAM would be okay for gaming, and you can make it 8GB if your PC supports though. And gpu memory doesn't matter for performance btw; memory speed, memory type (DDR3/DDR5 etc) does. There are so many options available in Nvidia GTX Ti series under Nvidia 500, 600, 700 & 900 sub-series. Their Asus editions are just best.

Since your view of purchase is gaming based, get an account here and search around for hardware reviews. Typically the best site for anything you expect that relates to gaming.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Rather buying a new one, extend specs of your current PC then or just get a new motherboard. That will save much money tbh. 4GB RAM would be okay for gaming, and you can make it 8GB if your PC supports though. And gpu memory doesn't matter for performance btw; memory speed, memory type (DDR3/DDR5 etc) does. There are so many options available in Nvidia GTX Ti series under Nvidia 500, 600, 700 & 900 sub-series. Their Asus editions are just best.

Since your view of purchase is gaming based, get an account here and search around for hardware reviews. Typically the best site for anything you expect that relates to gaming.
Actually, I have a AIO PC, o I don't think GPU could be changed or exted, but RAM can (DDR3). So I just want to get rid of it.

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Build a PC guys if your main motive is gaming, laptops are clearly not meant for gaming plus you'll be stuck with the same GPU and CPU except for if you buy an Alienware. Most if not all laptops have overheating issues. You can easily build a solid mid-range PC under 45-50K INR which can run latest games at 1080p high settings and if you can increase your budget by 10-15K more you can build a greater one with a GTX 970 and play every game on ultra settings and games like GTA V on 4k too but you obviously have to tone down most settings.

Or if you're someone like me who's a casual player get a PS4. :thumbs

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Lol

Casual Players play on Laptop not PS4 so that they can use it for other purposes too. :p
You're on a wrong track buddy, no casuals play on laptop neither is a laptop considered for 'casual gaming'. I personally use my PS4 as a Blu-ray player to watch movies, YouTube, browsing and of course games. Hence, at least I consider it optimum for guys like me.. the casual players.

Anyway, my previous post was not directed at anyone specifically and I wasn't advising anyone. And I'll say it again buying a laptop for gaming is money wasted, again that's not an advice. Just my opinion.

Siddhant007

International Coach
Profile Flag
India
Guys i am also looking to Build a Pc to play games like GtaV at High Fps what would it cost approximately?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread