How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters

Champ_BD

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
So, there are no BARS for English and Australian 4 day matches in player career mode. I have changed the setting under Match Type Designer for 4 day matches and added BARS to that. Unfortunately, when I start a new player career it isn't there. Are these changes not applicable to Player Career Mode 4 day matches?

Last edited:

francisjery

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
So, there are no BARS for English and Australian 4 day matches in player career mode. I have changed the setting under Match Type Designer for 4 day matches and added BARS to that. Unfortunately, when I start a new player career it isn't there. Are these changes not applicable to Player Career Mode 4 day matches?
The changes we make in match settings will not reflect in career matches.

DemonicHuntsman

Club Captain
I am doing ok. As an opening batsman I am averaging 38 in my first year on pro difficulty. I have an allrounder as well but I seem to get better batting averages when I don't bowl for some reason. Maybe a concentration thing.

Edit - just hit my first one day century to beat victoria 139 as an opener. This felt like such a huge achievement, this game really makes you feel like you earned milestones. Started fist pumping and cheering when hit the ton

Last edited:

RUDI

Administrator
Admin
SRH...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Champions League Winner
I am reading the scores you guys have archived and i have no idea how you guys can do it. I've had the game since it came out and have made 3 hundreds. My highest score being somewhere around 110. If anyone could give me some tips I'd love that. I was going better when patch 3 on PS3 come out and then updated to ps4 so I am excited for the patch to get to ps4
Patience is key whilst batting. Don't try and get a boundary with every ball.. try and get your confidence up before attempting aggressive shots. With enough practice you'll soon start getting big scores.
I recently started a second career on veteran difficulty.. averaging 80 in first Class and round about 60 in limited overs. The difference between now and when I started is my strike rate has gone down alot. Playing shots on merit and not trying to get 20+ per over helps.
Best wishes!

paulW

School Cricketer
I do try and be patient but I think it's because I have to sit and watch the computer play which annoys me. I'm slowly getting better I just really struggle with deciding back foot and front foot. I've only made 3 century's since I've had the game and that was the day it was released. When I had it on PS3 I found once the patch 3 was released I was doing heaps better because I could simulate the AI part.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
I do try and be patient but I think it's because I have to sit and watch the computer play which annoys me. I'm slowly getting better I just really struggle with deciding back foot and front foot. I've only made 3 century's since I've had the game and that was the day it was released. When I had it on PS3 I found once the patch 3 was released I was doing heaps better because I could simulate the AI part.
Personally I love that part in the game mainly because going through a bad phase or struggling against a bowler , that gap of being in the non striker's end helps me to pull back the game and get the form back...So singles on a regular basis definitely helps but its my perspective of gameplay..

pgj

School Cricketer
Does anyone find test matches easier to bat in (only play offline)?

I started career (batsmen only) on pro level at age 26 and a 2 on the helmet I think, currently up to a 5 on the helmet in my third year and I guess still on pro (says that in practice nets).

It took a long time for me to be selected for international tests as compared to ODI and T20.

I just find that in tests I can easily score 50's and often 100's with my largest score being 300 off +-150 balls (never block as impatient but don't use aggressive button early on/much at all, run a lot of 2's, basically 2 per ball). Currently average is 118 after about 15 tests.

Think I am not playing correctly as I premeditate / use cover drive / cut shot off front foot most of the time for fast bowlers, too fast for me to change although sometimes I try? Just see where gap is on field (usually cut or down ground, always gets me at least 2 runs per ball) and play that shot. Medium and spin bowlers I play with premeditation and am quite comfortable. Initially when I started career I really battled to get scores of 20 and had endless scores in the single digits.

Definitely not an expert batter but find ODI/T20 definitely harder to bat in, maybe its the more aggressive field settings?

Having great fun with the game, very addictive.

paulW

School Cricketer
I am reading the scores you guys have archived and i have no idea how you guys can do it. I've had the game since it came out and have made 3 hundreds. My highest score being somewhere around 110. If anyone could give me some tips I'd love that. I was going better when patch 3 on PS3 come out and then updated to ps4 so I am excited for the patch to get to ps4
Last night was playing a first class game and got to 89 before being run out from a ridiculous throw which made me really annoyed. It's a shame such super human fielding can spoil the game a bit

Chaudhary

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
India vs Eng 5 test match series (India leads 2-1)
1st test Ind won by 5 wickets(5,75)
2nd test Eng won by 3 wickets(83,100,1-42)
3rd test Ind won by 400+ runs (103,146)
4th test Ind won by 4 wickets(3,118)

Last edited:

DemonicHuntsman

Club Captain
Personally I love that part in the game mainly because going through a bad phase or struggling against a bowler , that gap of being in the non striker's end helps me to pull back the game and get the form back...So singles on a regular basis definitely helps but its my perspective of gameplay..

I agree with this a lot. I was having a phenomenal career with an average of 51 ish in ODI and first class. Went through a season and a half of a slump and just couldn't pick things up. With an average of about 30 I was feeling so out of touch. Than one first class game I started rotating the strike a lot with singles and I didn't even realise I had run my way to a century. After that one big score I found myself playing with confidence (real me not game character) and am picking career up again steadily now with a new highest score of 176 (i think, on phone and can't check right now) multiple 50's and a few centuries.

paulW

School Cricketer
Just got my first hundred with career player. 103* off 64 and we won. I was dropped on my first ball and dropped 2 other times so I'm very lucky to have made the ton but sometimes you need a little bit of luck

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread