Guide to per-team modding support

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Hey guys, would someone be able to lend a hand to me please. I've followed the steps on the first page and to test it out I made folder 71 for AUS and installed some batpack for them and it worked fine.

Then I moved onto making SAF I.D folder (number 9) and downloaded a SAF kit, followed the steps correctly to my knowledge but the kit and it's sponsors are still the default. The path I created for the SAF kit is as follows...

"My Games/Don Bradman Cricket 14/textures/9/characters" inside the characters folder I placed the 3 folders I downloaded for the SAF kit called pants/sponsors/tops...any ideas why it hasn't worked? Thank you for the help :)

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hey guys, would someone be able to lend a hand to me please. I've followed the steps on the first page and to test it out I made folder 71 for AUS and installed some batpack for them and it worked fine.

Then I moved onto making SAF I.D folder (number 9) and downloaded a SAF kit, followed the steps correctly to my knowledge but the kit and it's sponsors are still the default. The path I created for the SAF kit is as follows...

"My Games/Don Bradman Cricket 14/textures/9/characters" inside the characters folder I placed the 3 folders I downloaded for the SAF kit called pants/sponsors/tops...any ideas why it hasn't worked? Thank you for the help :)
Check what sponsor the modder has renamed for SA, apparently select in game.:) Hope it works.

Cheers.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Check what sponsor the modder has renamed for SA, apparently select in game.:) Hope it works.

Cheers.

Sorry I was being a mongrel, I didn't change the tops and patterns lol, it's working great now :D Just another question though...I currently have an ENG ODI kit in there is it possible to have the ODI kit and the test kit in there simultaneously? Also how does it work for teams that have home and away kits like aus?

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Just another question though...I currently have an ENG ODI kit in there is it possible to have the ODI kit and the test kit in there simultaneously?
Yes. There isn't any external limit for that.(25 is the games limit of patterns)

Also how does it work for teams that have home and away kits like aus?
Just a matter of creating new unforms in DBC academy and changing colors/patterns apparently.

Bug me if you want anything else. Cheers.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Yes. There isn't any external limit for that.(25 is the games limit of patterns)

Just a matter of creating new unforms in DBC academy and changing colors/patterns apparently.

Bug me if you want anything else. Cheers.

Hi again thank you so much for helping me! So you can use multiple kits for one team? I just tried to add england test kit and I had the logos from their world cup kit on the test kit + the overlapping sponsors (waitrose on chest etc) can this be avoided? I just copy and pasted the top/pants/sponsors folders into the same directory as I'm guessing you can't make another "characters" folder for another kit?

Also about the home and away kits, I mean what folders would you be replacing? In-game my AUS team has home/away/t20/test so do home and away have different files or something to replace?

Thank you again :)

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Hi again thank you so much for helping me! So you can use multiple kits for one team?
Yes. Different kits for different formats provided they are not having same textures replaced by different sponsors. I mean, you should replace different patterns for different formats. Or else it may overlap.

I just copy and pasted the top/pants/sponsors folders into the same directory as I'm guessing you can't make another "characters" folder for another kit?
No. Only one character folder for each team. You can replace different sponsors, patterns etc.. in there.
Also about the home and away kits, I mean what folders would you be replacing? In-game my AUS team has home/away/t20/test so do home and away have different files or something to replace?
No idea about it.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Yes. Different kits for different formats provided they are not having same textures replaced by different sponsors. I mean, you should replace different patterns for different formats. Or else it may overlap.

No. Only one character folder for each team. You can replace different sponsors, patterns etc.. in there.

No idea about it.

Okay thanks a bunch, so basically if I have one kit like the england world cup then I can't just put in the england test which has different chest sponsors? So when I want to use test kit I should replace the ODI one I have currently? Like I can't have ODI and Test with different sponsors at same time? Sorry for being so thick about this, it is very confusing to me lol.

I have so many more questions that have left my head atm, I will come back with them :p

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
so basically if I have one kit like the england world cup then I can't just put in the england test which has different chest sponsors?
You can.
So when I want to use test kit I should replace the ODI one I have currently? Like I can't have ODI and Test with different sponsors at same time? Sorry for being so thick about this, it is very confusing to me lol.
A sponsor has two files, the work on how you keep the Show inverse option, so basically you can have a maximum of two sponsors for a specific team.
I have so many more questions that have left my head atm, I will come back with them :p
Just throw them out .
Just a matter of patterns.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
remember that you DON'T need to create a folder for every team.

you only need to create a folder where there is a clash, and even then one of the clashing teams can still just use the default folders.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
You can.

A sponsor has two files, the work on how you keep the Show inverse option, so basically you can have a maximum of two sponsors for a specific team.

Just throw them out .

Just a matter of patterns.

So one file is the inverse option and one is without the inverse? I see!

I don't know what you mean by matter of patterns, so I think to cut out some confusion...I will avoid having home and away kits lol! One more question, my background in kit making was to do with the EA games and back then when you made a kit you made everything on the kit, so the logos, the designs/patterns everything...in this game do people do the same? or are they using a combination of custom made patterns and then using some of the in-game designs?

Because the way I've made sense of it in my head is...if you're creating a kit, wouldn't every kit use the plain pattern in game so there's no conflict with what you've created in photoshop? Sorry if this is confusing, thanks!

remember that you DON'T need to create a folder for every team.

you only need to create a folder where there is a clash, and even then one of the clashing teams can still just use the default folders.

I see, tbh for me this is all very confusing and creating a team folder for every team makes it a lot easier for me as stupid as that may sound...also wouldn't you need to create team folders if you want team specific bats? Like how do you know when there is going to be a clash or not, just seems like a ball ache and a lot easier to just make separate team folders.

I heard that the PC version sold the most for this game, I really wish the modding side was a lot easier :p

Lonewolfe1314

Club Cricketer
In the Don Bradman Academy's Team Manager, viewing a team will now show you an ID field.
View attachment 153826

To make team specific mods, simply create a folder in the My Games\Don Bradman Cricket 14\textures directory with that ID number, and then simply add mods into that folder to have them apply to that particular team.

For example, to customise the bats that players in the PlanetCricket linked team use, you would place replacement bats into a My Games\Don Bradman Cricket 14\textures\79\characters\sponsors folder.

When viewing a player, a new Previous Team and Next Team button will allow you to cycle through the different appearances of a player in their different teams.

For teams that are linked, the ID should be common for all users, while custom teams will have different ones depending on the order they were downloaded.

Please note that per-team mods for custom/un-linked teams will only take effect in new careers/tours/competitions.

Hi there.

I think I did something wrong maybe but don't know. I have copied all mods the way said to be done, however I do not see any changes to anything. Is there something else I need to do?

Users who are viewing this thread