New update to Cricket Academy Now Available!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hey @HBK619 ! sometimes the LB/RB button doesn't work at the time of editing when i try to rotate the player!

Yeah same here. Even on keyboards or a mouse.

In addition to that, I must say the overlay option is making creating players very easy. Thanks a ton. But there are some slight issues with it. When I try to use my mouse to click and drag the sliders up or down, the picture's transparency changes with it, which breaks the flow. I hope you could cut off the input to the picture transparency once I'm over the slider panels?
The mouse wheel response seems a bit weak too.

Last edited:

nzgamer

Club Captain
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Can you create a copy of that Cricket 17 folder (place it elsewhere) and then delete the folder from your My Games folder, then try running the game again.
I have done that as well. Once I play no folder gets created. Infact during new installation no new folder for don bradman 17 gets created.
Uninstalled and installed like 5 times still wont work.
Can someone from the game community help ?
Hope this is not the case when I buy the real game. Coz I want to play it :)

balkeet

International Coach
I have done that as well. Once I play no folder gets created. Infact during new installation no new folder for don bradman 17 gets created.
Uninstalled and installed like 5 times still wont work.
Can someone from the game community help ?
Hope this is not the case when I buy the real game. Coz I want to play it :)
Are you looking in right place, documents; my games; cricket 17

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Is there a way to see the created logos and uniforms in the academy? Or are they not unlocked yet?

HBK619

Big Ant Studios
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Is there a way to see the created logos and uniforms in the academy? Or are they not unlocked yet?
Those features aren't sharable just yet.

Rising Flock

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Those features aren't sharable just yet.

I have tried creating a uniform several times; it appears to get saved and once I exit the academy and log in again, it disappears. This has been attempted several times and the issue still persists.

Kindly assist please, HBK619.

nzgamer

Club Captain
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Are you looking in right place, documents; my games; cricket 17
Yes bro i m looking st the right folder.
Also when i try to play from steam it displays running then syncing for a while and then nothing happens.
Have tried to i stall it on d drive as well still the same.
Not sure whats causing it no err still game wont start.

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Would it be possible to add 1st XI, 2nd XI or firsts and seconds to commentary team names please. Also Houghton to the player names.

Also are BA planning to add any more player voices? Hopefully more international variations.

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
I tried creating Virat Kohli using the overlay option. The option makes creation so much easier (although I'm still really bad at creating players) but that is when I realised quite a bit of limitations in exactly reproducing the player. I'll try to list them all here. And here is what I ended up with...

Untitled.png

Body:

• The current options doesn't allow a body to have different shapes. From chest to abdomen, it seems like a fixed curve. Allowing Chest and hip sideways slider could help I suppose.

Male_body_shape.jpg

Neck:
  • Need to reduce the minimum width of the neck. Currently it is bulky even at the smallest setting.
  • Need to reduce the minimum height of the neck. Players like Herath have the least height.
  • Allow a curve slider at the joining point of the back of the head and the neck. It is straight at the moment.
Virat-Kohli-Test-horz.jpg

Head and Facial Features:

General:
  • We all know most of the humans don't have perfectly symmetrical faces and the non symmetrical elements contribute a lot to the look. Thus I feel splitting the main facial features such as Eyebrows, Eyes, Cheeks, Jaw and Chin into Left and Right sections will be of great help.
  • The full face structure too can have a separate slider for the width. Sometimes for people like Virat Kohli or even me, our left half of the face is smaller in width.
  • Maybe an option to edit as linked together at first and then unlinking the two sides and editing separately will save time.
This is how Kohli would have looked if his face was symmetrical...

Kohli1.png
Kohli2.png

Eyebrow:
  • Need to include height slider for inner and outer eyebrow separately.

Eyes: (Most distinctive feature and thus needs more improvement)
  • Basic Scaling should be split into two: Height and Width. This is present in DBC14.
  • Overall Scaling can be added to this, just like DBC14.
  • Additionally, Iris scaling should be added. (Most important change from what I have seen so far.)
  • Both Upper and Lower eyelids should have inner and outer curve height adjustment. (4 sliders in total.)
  • Eye Depth seems missing. The current slider with the same name moves the bone structure of the eye socket, which is required as it is. But what is missing is option to move the eye forward or backward. DBC14 has it. Now strangely missing here.
  • Since the last two updates I'm finding this strange black texture below the eyes. More like the eyes have sunk and the player is like 80 years old. I'm not sure if allowing the eye to come forward would fix that but currently it doesn't look nice at all.

Untitled2.png

Chin:
  • Need to reduce the minimum height a bit more.

Hair Elements:

General:
  • Need more black to the hair. The maximum I could get to is a Medium Dark Brown.

Eyebrows:
  • (Already mentioned in a diff. post) Adjusting inner and outer hair length separately.
  • (Already mentioned in a diff. post) Adjusting the thickness (height of growth) of the hair.
  • Adjusting the density of growth of hair.

Beard and Mustache:
  • Instead of having a separate stubble option, why not combine it with different Mush and Beard options and have a slider that decides the length of the hair strands?

Arindam98

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Any chance of the new update making the game run in systems that... couldn't play it previously?

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Any chance of the new update making the game run in systems that... couldn't play it previously?
Its never going to come down in specs side mate, it would get more and more demanding with the upgrades to the graphics..

Chris Lickley

County Cricketer
Northern Superchargers
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I have problems with the demo as it crashes when launching

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread