Don Bradman Cricket 17 General Discussion

LittleBigPlanet

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
perhaps the best approach is for us NOT to skill or attribute any creations, but simply link them to the on-disk counterparts, and see how that goes when we start playing before doing any changes. (if you make a player who isn't on-disc, it should be easy enough to skill him according to similar on-disc players

Yes yes yes yes yes yes! Can we do this??? It'd be really cool if this was an option when first downloading teams, like this: get best with created skills, get best with default skills.

Good from you @blockerdave

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Yes yes yes yes yes yes! Can we do this??? It'd be really cool if this was an option when first downloading teams, like this: get best with created skills, get best with default skills.

Good from you @blockerdave

I believe there's an option for that already. IIRC you have an option of either replacing a player with likeliness and skills/attributes and stats, or you can opt for replacing the likeliness of the player leaving skills/attributes as they are.

LittleBigPlanet

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
I believe there's an option for that already. IIRC you have an option of either replacing a player with likeliness and skills/attributes and stats, or you can opt for replacing the likeliness of the player leaving skills/attributes as they are.

Nah not unless you download players and teams individually, which takes a fair bit longer

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Nah not unless you download players and teams individually, which takes a fair bit longer

Honestly, anyone who doesn't spend a little time making sure their set up is right is being ridiculously short sighted.

A little bit of set up time for something you might spend hundreds of hours playing is a fine trade off

LittleBigPlanet

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Its only a simple little miniscule suggestion, seeing as its already a feaure, it would only be a matter of a little tweak, ..... its not like im suggesting for the removal of the broadcast cam or anything retarded or extreme

And BTW the whole point of "get best teams" is to minimise the hassle of creating teams yourself, if that come with a "get best teams with or without default skills" then what's the problem with that? Timesaver I reckon

Last edited:

WaveringSiggy

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Hi guys, just wondering something. I play DBC14 on xbox 360 but just downloaded the DBC17 academy from steam. Just wondering is there anyway of linking my academy from 14 to 17 so I can get my teams or do I have to set up a new profile for pc and download them? Thanks

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Its only a simple little miniscule suggestion, seeing as its already a feaure, it would only be a matter of a little tweak, ..... its not like im suggesting for the removal of the broadcast cam or anything retarded or extreme

And BTW the whole point of "get best teams" is to minimise the hassle of creating teams yourself, if that come with a "get best teams with or without default skills" then what's the problem with that? Timesaver I reckon

Get Best was the worst thing about DBC14 after the lack of AI edges. It caused more problems than benefits. It shouldn't be in DBC17

balkeet

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
absolutely, I remember Moen Ali as right handed batsman from get best[DOUBLEPOST=1469871816][/DOUBLEPOST]get best should be tested by developers because it would be used by most of users and if it compromise gameplay its a downer

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3

I got you. Yeah options like "Get Best Teams - Likeliness Only", "Get Best Teams - Likeliness and Skills/Attributes" and "Get Best Teams - Skills/Attributes Only" would be great to have so you can replace the teams in one go the way you want.

Extending the replace options to "Get Best teams" from individual players or team would drastically cut down on the time it takes to set up the game/career mode.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Utter ignorance!!!!!

how many posts are in this forum - along the lines of "i did get best & england play odi in white, big ant plz fix"? because absolute morons think a)community created content is somehow big ant's responsibility b)think content created throughout the life cycle of the academy is fit for purpose in the game from day 1 and c) think that somebody else should do all the work in fixing the teams they will play with and the click of a button is all they want to do for something they will sink HUNDREDS of hours into.

i have nothing but utter contempt for people who do that.

balkeet

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I got you. Yeah options like "Get Best Teams - Likeliness Only", "Get Best Teams - Likeliness and Skills/Attributes" and "Get Best Teams - Skills/Attributes Only" would be great to have so you can replace the teams in one go the way you want.

Extending the replace options to "Get Best teams" from individual players or team would drastically cut down on the time it takes to set up the game/career mode.
get best in likeness is understandable, but how does get best skills and attributes assure that the players have been correctly assigned as it will effect gameplay, and you cant leave gameplay in hands of community people, its the soul of game and should come from the developers hands.

Bluebagger

International Coach
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I hope that skills and ratings aren't linked as that didn't work too well in RLL3

Personally I spent a bit of time editing skills and attributes to make them within a range I felt was better. I prefer to have lower attributes and I find it works well so whenever I downloaded players off the academy I just unticked everything but the identity. I think that people really need to spend a bit more time in the academy and get things to their own liking which is pretty much the whole point of the academy but maybe it's because I'm on PC and constantly adding mods I'm used to spending the time tinkering with things.

Users who are viewing this thread