Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
No you’re wrong. Leave the thread alone if you don’t have nothing positive or creative to add, if you can’t hold a decent conversation. Go back to the funny pictures/vids/humour/jokes threads, talk about a warped sense of humour. 2 recent threads that have been ruined best resembling a bin.
I totally agree with the second part of your post.
And what I meant to say is, the same ideas are being discussed over and over again. Nothing worth the rant you produced, imo.

balkeet

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The developers are less active in this thread, i hope even 50% of the suggestions make it to game :cheers

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
It's probably too late now but when you can select how far the ropes are it would be nice to have 'none' as a selection and use the fence as the boundary

I would love that. I see old Benson & Hedges series videos with fence as the boundary and it looks great. That would be my default setting for Tests and odis with a ropes brought in for T20s.

D

Deleted member 149013

I totally agree with the second part of your post.
And what I meant to say is, the same ideas are being discussed over and over again. Nothing worth the rant you produced, imo.
Well yes you need to be smartly dressed and clean shaven to post too. No!!! Of course not. Different people will be at different levels for some it will be a new experience. A little common sensei. :yes

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
It's probably too late now but when you can select how far the ropes are it would be nice to have 'none' as a selection and use the fence as the boundary
Would love this, I'd be so keen to do a retro series on YouTube and this would add to the realism.

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
Would it possible to have some PIP replays of eventful deliveries while the bowler returns to his mark, or too late for that?

Allrounder18

Banned
I have an idea regarding player development/regression model based on Nba 2k16, it is very simple but extremely realistic and effective so here it goes:

There should be three types of ovrall attributes for each of type players/regen , 1)initial overall skills (based on player production quality of that nation) , 2)Potential Ovr.all Skills (it could be initial ovr.all skills x rand between 1.2 to 1.8 ),Regressed Ovr.all skill (potential ovr.all skills x rand between 0.5 to 0.75 and there should be peak start period (a period where the player have reached his potential) which could be randomize b/w 23-30 age and then there will peak end period (or regression start age where the players starts losing his overall skills) this could be peak start age + random between 2 to 6 years , it is dead simple to implement and trust it is extremely realistic

Before the peak start age the player will continue to gain attributes through that age until he reaches his potential and after peak end period player will continue to lose attributes until he reaches his regressed attributes. More over bad performances means players will not reach his potential as they will not gain/gain very low attributes that season.

Doncharted

School Cricketer
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Obviously, I love DBC 14. Loved the academy, as can be seen from the video I posted about it a couple of months ago.
Now, this might sound stupid, and in a way, it really is. But, I've always wanted to see a narrative in sports games (somewhat similar to WWE "story" modes). I'm definitely not suggesting this for DBC 17 or even the game after that. But, sometime in the future, it would be super amazing to have a story-based mode in Don Bradman Cricket. Something with conflict and everything.
Again, may be a stupid idea (or maybe a GENIUS idea...nah).

What would you guys think of a story mode in Don Bradman Cricket?

passarapin

Associate Captain
AUS..
Obviously, I love DBC 14. Loved the academy, as can be seen from the video I posted about it a couple of months ago.
Now, this might sound stupid, and in a way, it really is. But, I've always wanted to see a narrative in sports games (somewhat similar to WWE "story" modes). I'm definitely not suggesting this for DBC 17 or even the game after that. But, sometime in the future, it would be super amazing to have a story-based mode in Don Bradman Cricket. Something with conflict and everything.
Again, may be a stupid idea (or maybe a GENIUS idea...nah).

What would you guys think of a story mode in Don Bradman Cricket?
Don't we already have a thread for future iterations?

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
WWE is only for entertainment. It's not a sport. They script the events unlike sport games. Thus, I still wonder why a sports game requires a story mode? Its career should be open ended...not scripted. The next thing one would complain is bad acting by David Warner and request BA to hire good actors...lol

Anyhow, you didn't need to start a thread for this but replying to your post, I feel it's an unnecessary aspect for a sports game.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread