DBC17 Features!

Bluebagger

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hey Ross/BigAnt team,

With the importing of players from DBC14 to DBC17 do they have to be uploaded to the community in 14 and downloaded from 17 or can I just import them directly?

Also is there a limit to how many teams we can have like in DBC14? After putting in a lot of time with creating the 1980-1999 teams I kind of don't want to do it all again lol

Karachi

Associate Captain
I have seen couple of videos with broadcast cam. It seems like a great improvement over the DBC-14's broadcast cam. I like it a lot. But I am wondering if that's all there is to it? It would be lot more fun if the camera zoomed in on the ball & fielder, like the International Cricket'10 did. Anyway, since the game is still under development it would be too soon to judge things.

Over all great effort. Impressive!

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Will the stadium/club ground creator include things like thatched houses, pubs, churches and graveyards, maybe even swings and slides in a playground or even school buildings. I would love to see this as it would help in creating the English village green.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Will the stadium/club ground creator include things like thatched houses, pubs, churches and graveyards, maybe even swings and slides in a playground or even school buildings. I would love to see this as it would help in creating the English village green.

The one main thing I would want to see is the ability to create unique stadiums with their own distinctive features so it doesn't feel all the stadiums are similar. As a batsman/user it should feel that you are playing in different stadiums.

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
To be fair the way the beta has started looking has been impressive when you consider its an early version and only a small part of what could come in the full game. I would assume if there is going to be club cricket then there has got to be club grounds.
After some big updates so far which has shown some real improvement from db14, (im particularly impressed with the leg side clip animation)I'm really hoping a few of the problems with the logo creator are fixed in the next update and a particular bug bare of mine the lack of alphabetical letter skipping in player creation (rb/lb) is added please.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
No doubt. With this weekly "feedback and tweak" process in place the final product should be pretty much spot on and the post-game patches can be used for game enhancements instead of making fixes for game-breaking bugs.

Matt Price

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
I'm going to try and build Headingly using the stadium creator when it comes out

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
I hope the update includes being able to put words in a text box. I'm so slow at making and moving stuff it would save me so much time. Also maybe different fonts if possible.

Also unlocking the rest of the equipment would be very handy.

The_Pharoah

International Coach
I don't know if this has been discussed/requested as yet but it would be great to have a 'team instructions' functionality built into the game eg.

1. Just play the game (bat normally)
2. Play defensive (block!!!!)
3. We need quick runs! (Six hit = your friend)
4. Protect the tail ender (self explanatory)
5. Help him to a century (when you go in and the current batsman is on 94*)
6. Accelerate the run rate
7. We need wickets!!
8. Slow down! (when a batsman is going off...and taking too many risks)

etc

that gives you some context to the game, and it would be good to get this initially before the game and/or during say water breaks, etc. Quite important when you need 30 runs and have 30 mins left before close of play (DB14 was very bad with this....5 runs to win and the guys just walk off). As a player you should just receive the instructions and try to make it happen, whilst as a captain or coach you should be able to implement it (knowing the risks involved).

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
How's AI coming along matt. I like many others don't play online. I loved career mode in DBC 14 but I would love to play tournaments and series against a more capable AI. I hope you guys are working to improve upon it.

FollowOn

Club Captain
Can you guys use GGPO for online play? I mean it works like a charm for fighting games, can it be used in cricket games?

FollowOn

Club Captain
I don't know if this has been discussed/requested as yet but it would be great to have a 'team instructions' functionality built into the game eg.

1. Just play the game (bat normally)
2. Play defensive (block!!!!)
3. We need quick runs! (Six hit = your friend)
4. Protect the tail ender (self explanatory)
5. Help him to a century (when you go in and the current batsman is on 94*)
6. Accelerate the run rate
7. We need wickets!!
8. Slow down! (when a batsman is going off...and taking too many risks)

etc

that gives you some context to the game, and it would be good to get this initially before the game and/or during say water breaks, etc. Quite important when you need 30 runs and have 30 mins left before close of play (DB14 was very bad with this....5 runs to win and the guys just walk off). As a player you should just receive the instructions and try to make it happen, whilst as a captain or coach you should be able to implement it (knowing the risks involved).

Moreover it will be great if we can have a visual sim just like NBA 2k16 on which can give real time input to the players playing ,there could be aggression bar for setting the batting and bowling aggression (low aggression means bowl according to the field and protect boundaries and high aggression means yorkers and bouncers to try get a wicket, same applies to batting ) , field preset , special instruction like keep on strike (i-e protect tailender)

Users who are viewing this thread