Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
no idea i thought it was for all catching

Maybe I interpreted it all wrong as I thought the "bullet catching mechanism" was being introduced for slip catching since users wouldn't have enough time to react in time. I assumed that the non-slip catching (i.e. outfield and wkt keeper) would remain as is. Maybe Matt or someone from Big Ant should chime in and clarify.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
At this stage there is even bullet-time on bounced balls that are going like a rocket, there is no tell.

Ok. So the "bullet-time" event occurs in case quick reaction time input is needed, i.e. in case of slip fielders or for close-in positions such as short cover or short wkt where the ball may be travelling quickly and the fielder may not have enough time to react in real time.

Smiley

School Cricketer
What do you think about a button to just dab the ball into the gap for a single

Something I would like to see,

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Yep i have definitely thought the precision shot was going to be for drop and runs or running the ball down to 3rd man or glancing leg side, leaving the old db14 RS left for clipping the ball through square leg or midwicket.

CiaranH1303

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Hey guys, sorry if this has been previously discussed, if so, please disregard.

I was just wondering whether there was likely to be a greater statistical incorporation into the game, in terms of records. What I mean by this is, let's say you have scored 390 not out during a test match (unlikely with my batting, but never know), it would be nice if the game could recognise that you as the player are 10 short of Lara's record and notify you in the presentation. This could be great for career mode, where you could easily be reminded that you are 5th lets say on the all-time test run list should you amass more than Sangakarra's 12400 runs. I think something like this would be great for longevity in career mode and gives you something to aim for when you are entering multiple seasons. Also, should sponsorship be included in future editions, sponsorships on bats, shoes etc. could be awarded depending on the records you have achieved in your career. I believe Top Spin had something similar in years past and in terms of records, I recall Madden '08-'09 being great for this.

CiaranH1303

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
In addition to the previous post, here's a typical example of what could be implemented during the game, in terms of statistical presentation.

I don't know the first thing about designing a game, but I imagine it must be fairly simple to just integrate the records in the Don Bradman Academy. :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-08-28 at 17.34.46.png
    Screen Shot 2016-08-28 at 17.34.46.png
    97.6 KB · Views: 126

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
In pro camera mode while running, ability for batsmen to look around with the help of analog sticks. While taking the singles, I can't figure out whether I can come back for the double. Sometimes the fielder will be slow and sometimes the fielder will be fast to collect the balls. So, if there is an ability for batsmen while running to look around, it will be helpful to watch the ball and decide whether to come back for double or settle for a single.

Bluebagger

International Coach
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'd like to echo @CiaranH1303 post about statistical incorporation in to the game.

The stats tracking in SWC '99 was what really gave the game added life for me. There was nothing better than breaking my own records or some of the harder ones that were already there like the most catches in an innings. I would love for BigAnt to add this to the game.

Also have the stats for the batsman/bowler as they enter the crease/about to bowl been changed a little? It's a little bit of a dampener to not see the highest score, centuries made, best bowling etc...

It would also be great if we can get things like the worm, manhattan, pie chart etc...

Cricket is really a stats and numbers game, these couple of suggestions just add to the immersion. I don't know if any of it is confirmed included or not included though.

D

Dutch

I'd like to echo @CiaranH1303 post about statistical incorporation in to the game.

The stats tracking in SWC '99 was what really gave the game added life for me. There was nothing better than breaking my own records or some of the harder ones that were already there like the most catches in an innings. I would love for BigAnt to add this to the game.

Also have the stats for the batsman/bowler as they enter the crease/about to bowl been changed a little? It's a little bit of a dampener to not see the highest score, centuries made, best bowling etc...

It would also be great if we can get things like the worm, manhattan, pie chart etc...

Cricket is really a stats and numbers game, these couple of suggestions just add to the immersion. I don't know if any of it is confirmed included or not included though.
I know I keep doing this but stats dont get better than this in a cricket game.....

Cricket Coach Almanack

Smiley

School Cricketer
Totally agree with @CiaranH1303 and @Bluebagger.

I would also like to see a section where you could see your highest individual scores, partnerships etc.
And the Wagon Wheels of them in the career mode menu of your player.

Also like to hear the commentators address the team totals such as 300, 150.

And for the team not to declare you on the verge of a triple hundred when your the captain
if it hasn't already been mentioned.

N_stbss

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
you should be able to save the stats for game in progress and simulated innings

Bluebagger

International Coach
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think it was Ricky Ponting Cricket that had this feature where you could adjust the bowlers starting position from the run up and bowl a little wider of the crease, that would be a good feature to include too

I know I keep doing this but stats dont get better than this in a cricket game.....

Cricket Coach Almanack
I'd never heard of this game before I'm going to have to give this a try thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread