Any Improvements?

Aravind.

ICC Board Member
India
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I can see many posts in Hindi these days, especially profile posts. Has the forum rules changed.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Has the forum rules changed.
No.

1. Language
All posts must be made in English and text speak is not allowed. Reasonable grammar is expected from all members so your opinion can be made more clearly. Do not try to get your point across by excessive use of capitals, large fonts or different coloured text.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
I don't know about profile posts because it does not mention whether it is applicable for profile posts or not?

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
All forum rules apply to profile posts.

The main reason for the rule is if people are making abusive posts in another language, the rule against non-English posts allows moderators to delete them on sight under that rule, without needing to speak the language to check if you would have broken another rule had you wrote the same thing in English.

It's however not the biggest issue.

Goodking

Club Cricketer
I applied to join the 'PC Don Bradman Owners' group a week ago, with all the necessary details submitted, but have not had any verification received. I tried to message MattW requesting the validation and I can't send him a message - I get the following error message:

The following error occurred:

Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator.

I tried reformatting, lengthening, shortening my message to no avail. Maybe an issue with the private message function? Anyway, if you could validate my request so I can get mods for DBC14, that would be great. Cheers.

sanjeevaloria

International Coach
I applied to join the 'PC Don Bradman Owners' group a week ago, with all the necessary details submitted, but have not had any verification received. I tried to message MattW requesting the validation and I can't send him a message - I get the following error message:

Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator.

I tried reformatting, lengthening, shortening my message to no avail. Maybe an issue with the private message function? Anyway, if you could validate my request so I can get mods for DBC14, that would be great. Cheers.
did you have legit copy of game?

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India

The issue you mentioned is often faced by new members. Don't know exactly what is the criteria for new members to be able to post a private message. One of the admins might be able to help you with this matter.

If your game copy and info which you provided for validation is legit & genuine then you will surely get your access. Be patient :)

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I haven't a clue if there is a requirement and if there is what it is - my best guess is that there might be a basic one post requirement in order to prevent the spambots that the post approval system catches from moving to PMs instead.

Dipak

ICC Board Member
All forum rules apply to profile posts.

The main reason for the rule is if people are making abusive posts in another language, the rule against non-English posts allows moderators to delete them on sight under that rule, without needing to speak the language to check if you would have broken another rule had you wrote the same thing in English.

It's however not the biggest issue.
What about words like "bhai" (brother) which are commonly used :p

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
If I click the thread title, it does go to the last unread page but not the post. Earlier, the page used to scroll to the first unread post; it no longer does so and stays at the top. Could this be due to the fact that I login from multiple devices and the system is finding it difficult to keep track of the last read post from a device?

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
What about words like "bhai" (brother) which are commonly used :p

Context matters; provided that some idiot like me can understand the post without any knowledge of any Indian language, then its fine. We can't start banning people for some colloquialisms that are used in India but not elsewhere, that'd just be dumb...

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
If I click the thread title, it does go to the last unread page but not the post. Earlier, the page used to scroll to the first unread post; it no longer does so and stays at the top. Could this be due to the fact that I login from multiple devices and the system is finding it difficult to keep track of the last read post from a device?
That isn't the site side case. Check your connection/browser settings.

Goodking

Club Cricketer
The issue you mentioned is often faced by new members. Don't know exactly what is the criteria for new members to be able to post a private message. One of the admins might be able to help you with this matter.

If your game copy and info which you provided for validation is legit & genuine then you will surely get your access. Be patient :)

All sorted, I'm guessing one post was required. I haves access now, thanks. :)

Users who are viewing this thread