Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Like I said with Ronaldinho it wasn't just his dip in form, he was a disruptive influence in the dressing room.

I'm curious what you would have done instead honestly lol.

It wasn't that Hart didn't want to do it, he was rather incapable of doing it, in Pep's system half the GK's job is playing out from the back and being comfortable on the ball, the other half being sweeping and shot stopping. I will however concede that Hart moving to a team of Torino's stature was unfortunate, though it was a combination of Hart joining up with the squad late into pre-season and Pep wanting to get a couple of weeks with Hart in training before coming to a conclusion that led to that, by the time all that had transpired most of the top team's had nailed down their starting GKs, all that not only affected where Hart ended up but also us seeing as Bravo hasn't exactly settled in too well.

I don't know what you saw him do in the CL but he was lazy irrespective of opponent and importance of the moment.

You seem to give a pass to Ancelotti for not stopping Barca in 14/15 but expect Pep to stop them in the CL... and I would say the same for the La Decima winning Real team in the CL, they were just unstoppable.

If I recall correctly Heynckes lost the league and Pokal to Dortmund (and the CL final to Chelsea) the season before he delivered the treble in his final season... All I say is if Guardiola was such a failure at Bayern why were they so keen on keeping him? Because if you recall correctly it was his decision to leave, the club wanted an extension.

I know you've already written off anything Pep achieves with us because of our resources but given our (lack of) history in Europe, it would be a hell of an achievement to deliver us the CL. Milan is quite interesting on your list of teams though because going back to the time when Pep was having his sabbatical in New York, they were one of the team's courting him before he eventually decided on Bayern, but I'm sure Serie A will be his next stop after he's done with us so look out. ;)
I think we could go on forever. Let's leave it here. Time will prove one of us right.

And now he's benching Aguero apparently because of him getting banned for 3 matches for elbowing a player. :facepalm

Epic

Panel of Selectors
I think we could go on forever. Let's leave it here. Time will prove one of us right.

And now he's benching Aguero apparently because of him getting banned for 3 matches for elbowing a player. :facepalm
Fair enough, but I have to comment on this Aguero thing lol, that is entirely not the case or even remotely true, he started in the CL during his suspension... He hasn't started our last 2 games, vs Everton it was following an international break and Aguero had come back late to join up with the squad after playing 2 games for Argentina and there were injury rumors going into the 2nd game, where he missed a penalty and in general played poorly for which there was a lot of backlash from their media. Vs Barca it was purely tactical, you can question the tactics but Pep's plan was to keep possession and bring Aguero into the game 30 mins or so left to go against a tired defence had the game been close (which it was till Bravo got himself sent off).

Edit: He's back starting again today vs Southampton btw.

Last edited:

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
This is already beginning to look like one heck of a season! People are stupid saying Pep's game has been found more like he just had a wake up call from English football plus thats one extra competition that City do not have to worry about. In my opinion it's going to be a title for City, Arsenal down to injuries, Liverpool well concede set pieces just gives me chills as 90% of the times I am expecting the other teams to score and Spurs, there is something about Spurs I like Poch but then again you just never know when Tottenham will turn up and when they will have a few disappointing results on the trot and I fear that the drop has started for them. United really disappointed fair enough Mourinho's first season but as long as I remember he never had a start like this? And Mikhi looks like another wasted hit list for Mourinho to waste..
1. Manchester City
2. Arsenal
3. Liverpool (would be disappointed but I think we will be ready to fight for the title next season)
4. Chelsea
5. Spurs
6. Manchester United

Epic

Panel of Selectors
This is already beginning to look like one heck of a season! People are stupid saying Pep's game has been found more like he just had a wake up call from English football plus thats one extra competition that City do not have to worry about. In my opinion it's going to be a title for City, Arsenal down to injuries, Liverpool well concede set pieces just gives me chills as 90% of the times I am expecting the other teams to score and Spurs, there is something about Spurs I like Poch but then again you just never know when Tottenham will turn up and when they will have a few disappointing results on the trot and I fear that the drop has started for them. United really disappointed fair enough Mourinho's first season but as long as I remember he never had a start like this? And Mikhi looks like another wasted hit list for Mourinho to waste..
1. Manchester City
2. Arsenal
3. Liverpool (would be disappointed but I think we will be ready to fight for the title next season)
4. Chelsea
5. Spurs
6. Manchester United
Fraudiola to Godiola in a span of a week, such is football.

Btw, Chelsea could definitely mount a title challenge, I believe they haven't conceded a single goal and have won every game in the PL since Conte made the switch to the 3-4-3 after the loss to Arsenal.

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
Btw, Chelsea could definitely mount a title challenge, I believe they haven't conceded a single goal and have won every game in the PL since Conte made the switch to the 3-4-3 after the loss to Arsenal.
Definitely, I can see this season going in two directions, an easy title for City with a fair amount of gap from the team in second-fourth, or a final day judgement. I like Chelsea the way they play just that the formation they are playing, it is interesting to see it in English football but need to see more and that too consistently.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
The Blues get five? The Reds respond with six! Klopp <3

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
Must say games like these were a worry for me, but now I started to have more confidence, Karius finally started to look good, much much better reactions and handling than Mignolet, but then again it is just one game he has to show that week in week out now. Klopp playing down title talks hmmmm sounds familiar from another manager last season....
But I am not saying anything as I will end up jinxing it. :p

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
fake city fans.png
Look at all those City fans leaving before the match is over.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Absolutely disgusting behaviour by Fernandinho and Aguero.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I think Conte is the best manager in the world, in regard to tactics and motivation skills.[DOUBLEPOST=1480776757][/DOUBLEPOST]@Epic @SinghB just trying to revive this section :)

Epic

Panel of Selectors
View attachment 176934
Look at all those City fans leaving before the match is over.
Nothing to see here, always happens, people just prefer to get home early and at this point the game was done.
Absolutely disgusting behaviour by Fernandinho and Aguero.
Nothing to excuse Aguero's "tackle" but if you look at the footage back Fernandinho is trying to get Fabregas off Iheanacho and it's actually Cesc who slaps him first, what's ironic is both these guys went in to be mediators of peace.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Nothing to excuse Aguero's "tackle" but if you look at the footage back Fernandinho is trying to get Fabregas off Iheanacho and it's actually Cesc who slaps him first, what's ironic is both these guys went in to be mediators of peace.
And the guy who started it all, Chalobah, quickly disappeared from the spotlight.

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
It's all good Man City...
Bou 4-3 Liv
Classic Liverpool, people may say Coutinho was the factor but in my eyes Matip was a huge huge loss today. Need to target Sule in January as Lucas just is not good enough to partner Lovren.

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
It's getting worse for Man City, Stones very questionable defender I feel that Otamendi would come out good if he had someone like Matip or Mustafi to support him. Bravo is getting on nerves of many of their fans. However I will still not question Pep's tactics because I do think it has the potential to work in the prem after a season or two, but the owners would want instant impact knowing their treatment for past managers.
The 3 in the back formation seems so popular for the time being, however it's going to get found out sooner rather than later.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
The 3 in the back formation seems so popular for the time being, however it's going to get found out sooner rather than later.
Italian tactics are the best in the world.
And what makes you think it'll get found out?

Users who are viewing this thread