Overlay won't import when creating a logo

chessmaster02

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
SVG's are fine, but if I import a jpeg file as an overlay it just shows up with nothing. And yes, I have recreated the image, redownloaded, changed the opacity and scale both in the game and with a photo editing software, and it still doesn't work.

Also, Big Ant Studios, when you import an svg that is too large, it says view the in game help tab for tips on how to lower the file size. When you click on importing svgs, all it says is you need to click the import svg button and then choose your file and then open. Thats not helping lower the file size ffs!

inertSpark

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Yeah most of the time it does not import them, and when it does decide to work it scales them really, really, really small. So much as to be unusable.

SVG files really are the only way to get close to 1:1 reproductions of logos at the moment.

chessmaster02

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Yeah most of the time it does not import them, and when it does decide to work it scales them really, really, really small. So much as to be unusable.

SVG files really are the only way to get close to 1:1 reproductions of logos at the moment.
My problem with svgs is 99% of the time they are too detailed.

inertSpark

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
My problem with svgs is 99% of the time they are too detailed.

If you download an SVG from the web, 99% of them will not work without manual processing. Far and away the best way is to make them from scratch in Adobe Illustrator or Inkscape. If you don't want to pay for Illustrator, Inkscape is completely free open source software. Both work similarly to photoshop, in that you can set a base layer from an image file, then trace the image on subsequent layers.

Detail isn't really the problem with SVG files most of the time so long as you know how vectors work and can clean up redundant nodes etc. If they were too detailed to use, I wouldnt be able to have made all the bats I have made so far.

Users who are viewing this thread