American Football

LizardKing81

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
Canada
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Just trying to get a feel for fans of the NFL here on Planet Cricket.. Considering the playoffs are about to start...

Both Super Bowl teams from last year failed to make the playoffs, including my Carolina Panthers... If you may or may not remember, Tom Brady was suspended for 4 games thanks to deflate-gate, but will win the leagues' MVP, because .... I'm too polite to say, other than the NFL does to Tom Brady, what normal people to do to an icy pole..

We looked headed for a Dallas Cowboys v. Oakland Raiders Superb Owl, until Raiders QB, Derek Carr broke his leg.. Guess he took the stage saying literally, oops.

*Many profanities here* the Dallas Cowboys.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I tried my hand at American Football (why is it called football?) once at school. I was terrible. I didn't even understand the rules properly, and still haven't. Although i've watched some Madden 16 gameplay on YouTube, and once watched a match as well.

D

Deleted member 46200

There's only one game 'man' enough to be called football and that's Australian rules.

D

Deleted member 46200

I hear a lot about it at school, obviously (most of which is some variation of "fearsome tweak the Pats"). Don't understand anything, not being born and raised here. I've tried to have people explain it to me, but haven't understood jack lol. Maybe you could help me there. :p

Sorry, are you talking to me as you are American (on an NFL thread, which means not much) and I was making a silly remark, depending on your point of view it may be appropriate. However, I didn't want to take over the thread by talking proper ball games, with real men, muscles.. Sorry, back in the room 1, 2, 3 Okay, Sea Hawks year seem to have it going at the right time but let's see what happens against the Falcons.

LizardKing81

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
Canada
I tried my hand at American Football (why is it called football?) once at school. I was terrible. I didn't even understand the rules properly, and still haven't. Although i've watched some Madden 16 gameplay on YouTube, and once watched a match as well.

I love this question, because of it's simplicity... Measure the ball, and it's should be 12 inches long.. i.e. a foot, same as Aussie Rules which CazC30, will pop in to talk about

D

Deleted member 46200

I love this question, because of it's simplicity... Measure the ball, and it's should be 12 inches long.. i.e. a foot, same as Aussie Rules which CazC30, will pop in to talk about
Always love to talk about Footie I know some people who are more in touch but the games is fairly simple you just have to be tough.

LizardKing81

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
Canada
Always love to talk about Footie I know some people who are more in touch but the games is fairly simple you just have to be tough.

snowy casanova has an issue with me... no dramas... was gonna overtake Essex and give Alistair Cook a bowl[DOUBLEPOST=1485109900][/DOUBLEPOST]
snowy casanova has an issue with me... no dramas... was gonna overtake Essex and give Alistair Cook a bowl

tough or banned

D

Deleted member 46200

snowy casanova has an issue with me... no dramas... was gonna overtake Essex and give Alistair Cook a bowl[DOUBLEPOST=1485109900][/DOUBLEPOST]

Well, a 30.14 average isn't bad in the county circuit but for 250 odd matches and around 47 overs someone must have been hung over for him to have bowled.

tough or banned

Tough break I take it we're not allowed to know as to why. (welcome back). Me and my husband are watching the playoff game tonight Packers vs Falcons should be good.

LizardKing81

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
Canada
The NFL isn't THAT far away, so I thought I'd share the week 1 schedule:

Week 1 Games
Thursday September 7, 2017

Kansas City @ New England
8:30pm
Sunday September 10, 2017

Pittsburgh @ Cleveland
1:00pm
Tampa Bay @ Miami
Philadelphia @ Washington
Jets @ Buffalo
Baltimore @ Cincinnati
Arizona @ Detroit
Jacksonville @ Houston
Oakland @ Tennessee
Atlanta @ Chicago
Indianapolis @ Rams
4:05pm
Seattle @ Green Bay
4:25pm
Carolina @ San Francisco
4:25pm
Giants @ Dallas
8:30pm
Monday September 11, 2017

New Orleans @ Minnesota
7:10pm
Chargers @ Denver
10:20pm
All game times Eastern

D

Deleted member 46200

fearsome tweak me!!! I have to take on the whole of San Francisco... ?

LizardKing81

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
Canada
Oi, leave my Panthers alone... pick on the Giants![DOUBLEPOST=1498392404][/DOUBLEPOST]if we can get NFL lovin' off the ground here, in cricket land.. perhaps a tipping competition could work

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
A 5 year old immigrant here did not know much about how its played and all. But been following it since last year, exciting sport with so much adrenaline. Stay in NJ and obviously this state does not have any team as NY always hogs up the attention so will be supporting NY Jets this time around.

D

Deleted member 46200

A 5 year old immigrant here did not know much about how its played and all. But been following it since last year, exciting sport with so much adrenaline. Stay in NJ and obviously this state does not have any team as NY always hogs up the attention so will be supporting NY Jets this time around.

For a five year old you're not doing to bad I bet you'll be at MIT before ten however, chit chat aside I do follow the game and although the NFL is great for razzmatazz the grass roots action is in the NCAA. Not sure where you're from but maybe down to availability.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
For a five year old you're not doing to bad I bet you'll be at MIT before ten however, chit chat aside I do follow the game and although the NFL is great for razzmatazz the grass roots action is in the NCAA. Not sure where you're from but maybe down to availability.
So NCAA is college association which means all colleges. Now to support a college you have to be part of that college to get the feel. I know you can support a college which is close or in the area around but until you are not rooted with a college for me I dont feel that push to support and view. I was studying in California State University for my bachelors where the team Fresno State Bulldogs were part of FBS a higher league in NCAA but did not know shit about football back then. Currently I am doing my Masters from Monmouth University and we have a football team Monmouth Hawks. We are in lower league in FCS though. I will be going to few Monmouth games though this year

Users who are viewing this thread