dbc17 hacks: fearsome tweak v1.51

francobaldo1

Fearsome tweak legend...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
hi, this mod is called Fearsome Tweak, it allows some customization of the game.

usage: download the mod file and copy it in a directory (any directory will do).
Run the game, when in the menu, press START on the mod program and wait that it loads (it should take few seconds). Then select one of the options. Don't close the program, leave it in the background.

If you need more info, try to read the HELP file if it's present, or the help included in the game.

Note on scenario editor:
With the scenario creator you can recreate a game situation. The first options must be used when you are simulating the game, i suggest to simulate one ball at time. For the other options for confidence/stamina, select your values with the sliders, press "set stamina/confidence" and then, ONLY before a ball is bowled press UP on the pad to load the values. It will open the window on screen so you can check. You have to press UP when the umpire has his arm lowered, then it will raise the arm and the values will be loaded (you can check them in the windows that opens). If it doesnt work, keep trying.

when you simulate a game (i suggest one ball at time), you can use the first 4 functions:
-"stop scoring" will stop the batsmen from getting runs.
-"fast scoring" will make the batsmen get run every ball
-"stop wickets" will stop the bowling team from getting wickets
-"wicket" the batsman on strike will lose the wicket
In this way you can easily decide what should happen in the game, and using the simulation allows the match to advance correctly,
with score, ball degradation, pitch degradation, weather changes etc. will all be correct. The final result is very good in my opinion.

a video that shows the mod:

Attachments

• FearsomeTweakv120.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 1,523
  • FearsomeTweakv123.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 783
  • FearsomeTweakv151.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 1,065
  • dbc14Hook1.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 1,091
  • dbc14Hook2.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 8
  • dbc14hook3.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 15
  • scripts1.zip
    33.6 KB · Views: 582
  • state_dump.txt
    2.6 MB · Views: 439
  • Don Bradman Cricket hacking guide.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,029
  • dbc17AIShotSelectionv006.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 4
  • dbc17AIShotSelectionv013.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 600
  • dbcLuaConsoles.zip
    7.7 MB · Views: 638
  • dbc17AIShotSelectionv021.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 744
Last edited:

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So the fearsome tweak makes its entry in DBC17 downloads. Great effort that Franco. What version I've been using for dbc14 is completely different from its initial release. Hope to see more of this game as well in the future.

Cheers. :)

francobaldo1

Fearsome tweak legend...
version 0.02
disable catching minigame, and send it in the Dark Dungeon of No Return...

the loading can be a little slow, i havent tested it very much

Col. Hans Landa

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Man, I don't know what to say. You are a genius. Played a quick T20 game to test your mod. Batted as India and got bundled out for 58. Turned your patch on and went on to defend 58. It was crazy what you have done to this game. Bhuvi was swinging the ball square and the Kiwis had trouble facing him under lights. I also turned the catching mini game off because nothing can compare to the thrill of holding on to one in real time.

You surely have made a great start mate. Just try to include the thing where we can manually adjust the AI aggressiveness as they are a little to reckless in this patch. Watch the video to see how the innings went.

Planning to stream a Test match between Australia and South Africa. Will be bowling as both the teams using the Fearsome Tweak patch. Let me know if someone is online. Will stream it if there is even a single viewer. Cheers!

francobaldo1

Fearsome tweak legend...
to be honest i like the way the ai is batting, anyway i think i can. In dbc14 i made a minigame where
you could select what shot the ai would play.

Users who are viewing this thread