Let it rain!

Satish555

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
1) So what you're saying is that you'd rather have a bug free out of box DBC17 and that be the last cricket game Big Ant made because they didn't protect themselves adequately from PC piracy?

2) If your game is sitting around piling up dust that would imply it's a physical copy, if it's a physical copy you should have been able to claim a refund from the retailer you purchased it from.

To summarise, you're talking crap.

To summarize, I purchased the game and have a right to voice my opinion. I dont think I am insulting anyone or going over the top either, so I think I am allowed to have my say? You can have yours too.

D

Dutch

To summarize, I purchased the game and have a right to voice my opinion. I dont think I am insulting anyone or going over the top either, so I think I am allowed to have my say? You can have yours too.
Apart from insulting an entire development studio......

Satish555

Club Captain
Apart from insulting an entire development studio......

What I said was by no means an insult, insult is what the owner of the studio gives to his consumers if you ever read some of his more fiery posts. And note, I am not a troll or a hater who is intent on bashing the studio. Look at my signature, (which i wrote the time dbc 14 came out). Simply put, I appreciate good work, and expect that if I pay good money for a product, it would live up to its expectation.(when bought, as opposed to 3 months later)

EnigmaticZee

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Get a refund and get over it. I am satisfied with DBC 17 and patches will fix further issues.

Thehairygamer

Club Cricketer
What I said was by no means an insult, insult is what the owner of the studio gives to his consumers if you ever read some of his more fiery posts. And note, I am not a troll or a hater who is intent on bashing the studio. Look at my signature, (which i wrote the time dbc 14 came out). Simply put, I appreciate good work, and expect that if I pay good money for a product, it would live up to its expectation.(when bought, as opposed to 3 months later)

Forgive me for saying, but if you said that when DBC 14 came out... that had plenty of bugs as well on release and took a few patches before it was the game we all love today.

Satish555

Club Captain
Forgive me for saying, but if you said that when DBC 14 came out... that had plenty of bugs as well on release and took a few patches before it was the game we all love today.

Once upon a time, you bought your first bike and learnt how to ride. Then after some time, you bought a new bike, do you have to learn to ride again?

Mr Snrub

International Cricketer
if it's a physical copy you should have been able to claim a refund from the retailer you purchased it from.

I myself bought the game on PS4 and returns to the retailer for the reason of game bugs is not sufficient. Returns under the Fair Trading Act in New Zealand are much harder to do with any kind of potentially copyable media materials. Many stores would rather take you to a disputes tribunal and lose rather than encourage the process of easy returns.

I bought my copy because I wanted to support Big Ant and I enjoyed Don Bradman Cricket '14. I'm not attacking the developer in any way, but pointing out that returns are not easy.

In all honesty I generally brought all of Big Ant's Rugby League and Cricket games on Day 1 (brought two copies of DBC '14 - PS3 & PS4), because I wanted to support a developer who's putting in a lot of effort to create great games based on sports I enjoy.

When things go great I love to praise those aspects, there's a lot to love, the depth, the user-creativity, the general game-play, the list goes on. When things go badly I would like to be able to say how I feel about the bugs, the crashes, the missing game-play elements, but the message I'm seeing from others on here is, "you have no right to be disappointed - return it", or "why buy it on day one without reading reviews/watching gameplay". It's frustrating, but I think those are legitimate statements and I'm really going to have to talk myself out of being stupid and buying on day one. I'm sure others are thinking the same thing. It's just games go down in price or are re-sold on trading sites. I'm sure that'll be cheaper and I can also get a game when all the kinks have been worked out. It's just sales might diminish if the rule of thumb for console becomes "wait anywhere from a couple of months to a year and you'll have a great game after patches".

I have a great deal of respect for the work that's gone into creating these games. I think Big Ant are a talented and massively creative developer. Games like DBC and Rugby League Live become pretty great after a while and I love the overall quality that's being striven for. I hope they keep up the good work on all the stuff that's working well.

As far as being a console version buyer, I hope one day they consider putting something/anything decent in for console users exclusively some time. They've been the first people to buy your games for a long time and have had to wait the longest. :)

gunit123

County Cricketer
Once upon a time, you bought your first bike and learnt how to ride. Then after some time, you bought a new bike, do you have to learn to ride again?

Another poor argument. How many years have EA produced Fifa games? There are many bugs/glitches in Fifa 17 - recently, two glitches have made FUT unplayable. Yes, there are many issues within DBC17, which the developers have acknowledged, and are on the case to resolve it and more.

Calm down.

Satish555

Club Captain
He has made a special point and tried to troll the pirates and openly boasting about how they are bossing the system by having [HASHTAG]#FunWithPirates[/HASHTAG] .... How about [HASHTAG]#FunWithGame[/HASHTAG] ? right now, not fun at all. If you are going to brag, brag a good game.

They went out of their way to troll the pirates, how about go out of the way to release a good game on day 1? instead of having us wait 3 months for a decent game? why do PC users get a decent game on day 1? I paid more than them! Console price is way more, and still we have to wait 3 months to get a decent game.

Satish555

Club Captain
It's sad to see how people don't understand the seriousness of piracy.

I do understand it, but if you are gonna make a special effort making it 'Fun' and go on to brag about it, why not take that same effort to make the game better in the first place?

and dont give me bull shit about waiting for patch... sure I have all the time in the world... will I be alive in 3 months? not sure, but I will deifinitely be waiting for the patch.

Users who are viewing this thread