Substitution deadlines

lordy

Panel of Selectors
Fantasy Cricket Team
Could they not be made to close 5/10 minutes before the start of play so you can change your team after the teams are announced?

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Could they not be made to close 5/10 minutes before the start of play so you can change your team after the teams are announced?
We can set deadlines at precise hours e.g. 3 pm, 4 am or 7 pm. We can't set them at specific deadlines e.g. 2.55 pm, 3.55 pm.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Also, please note that the current system is almost flawless, and if things are done in a certain way it's because they can't be done otherwise. Please consider this before creating further threads.

lordy

Panel of Selectors
Fantasy Cricket Team
So I can't create a thread to ask a polite question? Wasn't criticising the system, merely suggesting away it could be improved slightly. Your first reply was absolutely fine don't be so defensive! For example if a game was due to start at 10am would the deadline be 10am?

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So I can't create a thread to ask a polite question? Wasn't criticising the system, merely suggesting away it could be improved slightly. Your first reply was absolutely fine don't be so defensive! For example if a game was due to start at 10am would the deadline be 10am?
Deadline would be 9 AM in that case.
Also What he meant was instead of creating thread, you could have posted here :)

Last edited:

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Well, sorry if i was offensive.
Yes, it would be at 10 am. If it's at 9.45 am, then the deadline will be 9 am.

lordy

Panel of Selectors
Fantasy Cricket Team
No worries. So sometime it is possible to make substitutions after the toss?

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Not as of now. I read somewhere that it is a deliberate attempt to keep the players guessing.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Only if there is an error on our behalf. Otherwise the deadline will always be before the toss, or in very rare cases between the toss and the start of the match. The latter happens only if a match starts at a fixed hour e.g. 10 AM. Then the deadline is set at that time, and obviously the toss will take place earlier, so one could still change his lineup after the toss.

Users who are viewing this thread