English Football Thread 2016/17

Who will win the league this season?

• Total voters

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
Italian tactics are the best in the world.
And what makes you think it'll get found out?
Italy the national team just haven't been doing good in major tournaments.
Italian tactics are not the best in the world other wise we'd have world beaters beating Real Madrid or Barcelona for fun.
Italian tactics are good in the Italian league where the league is more defensive based and therefore I do believe that if your team needs a defender you look to Serie A in the transfer windows.
It has already been found out in the last few games, but due to some controversial decisions or 'luck' Chelsea have got away and thats a sign of a champion how Leicester were doing things last season. Using Italian tactics in the premier league is like putting Messi in midfield, may look like it's working but eventually you see the drop.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Italy the national team just haven't been doing good in major tournaments.
They were this close to making the semifinals of the Euros with one of their worst squads ever.
Atletico have used Italian tactics quite successfully lately. You just need the right players and coach.
And do you know that Serie A had more goals than PL last season? The only reason of their downfall is teams that are not economically strong, due to reasons that don't have anything to do with football, and failure to invest in local youth.

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
They were this close to making the semifinals of the Euros with one of their worst squads ever.
Atletico have used Italian tactics quite successfully lately. You just need the right players and coach.
And do you know that Serie A had more goals than PL last season? The only reason of their downfall is teams that are not economically strong, due to reasons that don't have anything to do with football, and failure to invest in local youth.
Trust me I don't remember who but the last time Italian tactics were being played in the Prem, it went well for short period of time but then you start to see sides attacking from wide and crossing the ball in.
The Italian squad isn't the worst in my eyes, the whole team is so underrated in my opinion they have one of the best if not the defence in the whole world, they're good in midfield as they have been for over many years, maybe forwards are a big question yes, but with players like Immobile who yes did flop in Bundes Liga but I do rate him highly and Italy have all the resources to be a successful team.

kishore_513

School Cricketer
So the Conte winning run was bough to an end by Poch's Spurs. I thought they were bit lucky in couple of games to have that run in the first place, but yeah, Chelsea are definitely beatable and are not going to jog on to win the league.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
@Epic i hate to go back to old discussions, but this really shows how terrible a man manager Guardiola is, and how disrespectful he is towards senior players in the locker room. Plus, i think it's clear now from Man City's recent performance that he can't win without Barcelona (even i could've won the Bundesliga with Bayern).

Epic

Panel of Selectors
@Epic i hate to go back to old discussions, but this really shows how terrible a man manager Guardiola is, and how disrespectful he is towards senior players in the locker room. Plus, i think it's clear now from Man City's recent performance that he can't win without Barcelona (even i could've won the Bundesliga with Bayern).

I was actually thinking about bringing up Pep's man management skills when he brought Yaya back into the fold at City... Anyway, like Eto'o said Pep probably did disrespect Deco, Ronaldinho and Eto'o because of his desire to win and to change the failing fun/party culture under Rijkaard to a winning one, which he did successfully do.

And writing Pep after 1 season? There is a clear rebuild job that needs to be done at City, particularly in defense, specifically in the fullback positions.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 46200

My chosen team to follow in England highlights of our last game.
[DOUBLEPOST=1491047687][/DOUBLEPOST]And just because it's funny, the game played earlier this year in the League Cup vs Aston Villa.

D

Deleted member 46200

Highlights of Luton's last game vs Blackpool (April 1st).

Users who are viewing this thread