Super Over Field Cricket - The Game - Developer's Blog/Journey

Would you play this game? (Do not worry its anonymous)

• Yes

Votes: 12 92.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
upload_2017-2-18_22-57-0.png
Hello PC members, hope everyone is doing well. I have been on this forum for almost 8 plus years. I like 50% of the members joined this forum for Cricket 07 patches. I took part in @Sartaj's World Premier League which was such a big thing back then. Anyways with time moved I always wanted to contribute in this cricketing world and came up with various small simulators like Super Over Simulator, Slogfest Simulator. I will one day definitely and hopefully release a 2D game atleast for cricket. Remember I am just a one man army doing everything.

Enough about me, Super Over Field Simulator is my pet project. I have always been facinated with super overs and instead of starting big, I thought I will start small and implement things correctly since I have more knowledge and resources to use.

Idea

The concept of the game is simple, you are in super over and you have to defend the total. You are the captain of the team and have to set the field as you wish. The field can be reset after each ball if needed. In the end you aim is to defend the total.

The Journey So Far..

Its been a decent one. I had a 9 to 5 job when I started developing the game, left my job to join college to do my Masters. In between got married shifted house and so on and on. The journey has not been completely smooth with plenty of obstacles.

When I started developing the game I started with this

15215953_10206158221473894_1251117545_o.jpg

My next obstacle was to get better graphics ofcourse. With no job, wife and bills to pay I contacted Buko Studios who did a fantastic job in helping me create 2D sprites for my game in the price range I wanted to spend.

So moving on do not worry this is how the game looks now.

Runner 2017-02-18 23-10-09-17.png

Runner 2017-02-14 13-18-24-74.png

Trailer

What next?

I have reached what I would call 60% of the game. I have many things to implement and I am open to ideas. I would love all the help I can get in testing/graphical improvement/core features improvement to make it a complete game.

Things In Line For Development
  1. Player addition to the teams
  2. End of game scorecard
  3. Individual stats like (Overall Games Played, Overall Games Won, Overall Games Lost, Overall Games Drawn)
If anyone wants to help me do post here or contact me at [email protected].

I will be releasing a playable demo to test out with features implemented this coming week.

Thanks,
Parth K

Contact Information

Fearful Elephants - Twitter | Facebook | Website'
Buko Studios - Twitter | Facebook

Attachments

• logo2.PNG
    logo2.PNG
    16.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Runner 2017-02-14 13-17-38-93.png
    Runner 2017-02-14 13-17-38-93.png
    177.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I always love a good strategy game, and if it's a cricket strategy game, even better :thumbs

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
If you want any testers or any help with Graphics, I am here...

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
That is amazing!
Thank you. Hopefully you will love the game. Pitch in any ideas you have[DOUBLEPOST=1487511453][/DOUBLEPOST]
I always love a good strategy game, and if it's a cricket strategy game, even better :thumbs
Hey I agree with you completely. Cricket strategy games are really fun with top of the line being Cricket Coach. I hope you like this game, although its not that big, but I would love to see what unorthodox fielding positions you guys come up with. Also pitch in any ideas/suggestion if you have.[DOUBLEPOST=1487511494][/DOUBLEPOST]
If you want any testers or any help with Graphics, I am here...
Hey thank you for the support. I will definitely need help with Graphics and testing. I will surely keep you in mind.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Your project seems promising. A beta tester is here. Consider me anytime for testing the game.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Your project seems promising. A beta tester is here. Consider me anytime for testing the game.
Thank you. Will surely add you to the list for testing.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Developer's Blog 19th Feb 2017

@blockerdave & @The Punisher have been instrumental in getting this game to this stage. They might not know but they have. I had contacted both of them in November when things started to pick gears and both with some really valuable feedback have helped me. @blockerdave suggested me to add bowlers with different aspects into the game to make it more interesting and that is what I will be doing now for the next two weeks approximately.

Idea - The way I am planning to implement this is that a user will select a bowler. The bowler will have three attributes - Nervy, Optimistic, Confident. If a bowler is Nervy, he can be really unpredictable. (Eg - Joginder Sharma T20 WC 2007 Inda) If a bowler is Optimistic, he might go for runs but will still try his best (Eg - Zaheer Khan) If a bowler is confident and really good he might give a lot of 1's and 2's. This might just be enough as still 12 runs could be scored.

Known Problem - I have been trying to implement dot balls and had success but for some reason my code stopped working with the software update. I will look into it and dot balls are so crucial in any super over contest. A confident and optimistic bowler will try bowling those dot ball deliveries more then nervy bowler.

Confidence rating - I feel confident enough that the idea and problem will be solved. Once I have that implemented I will release a demo for all to play. The demo would be playable on Windows as well as Android.

Any suggestion for me to implement in a better way please do not hesitate in letting me know. @Hydron @Sodium @CerealKiller @asprin @Na Maloom Afraad .

I am tagging you guys because you have shown interest, please do let me know if you do not want to be tagged. :)

Thanks,
Parth K
Fearful Elephants - Twitter | Facebook | Website

GentlePigeon

Club Cricketer
Hey, I am a game developer as well (not as experienced or successful as you are). If you need any help feel free to contact me. Also which game engine are you using?

Also feel free to contact me for beta testing.

Last edited:

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Hey, I am a game developer as well (not as experienced or successful as you are). If you need any help feel free to contact me. Also which game engine are you using?

Also feel free to contact me for beta testing.
Hey thanks for the kind words. I am not that experienced but just getting there. If you need any help do contact me too.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
BugFix Alert : Solved an issue related to Dot balls. Just had a fantastic match after the dot ball issue fix. Afghanistan vs Bangladesh - Afghanistan set 12 runs target in one over and Bangladesh scored 3,4,0,1,0,4.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Developer's Blog 19th Feb 2017

@blockerdave & @The Punisher have been instrumental in getting this game to this stage. They might not know but they have. I had contacted both of them in November when things started to pick gears and both with some really valuable feedback have helped me. @blockerdave suggested me to add bowlers with different aspects into the game to make it more interesting and that is what I will be doing now for the next two weeks approximately.

Idea - The way I am planning to implement this is that a user will select a bowler. The bowler will have three attributes - Nervy, Optimistic, Confident. If a bowler is Nervy, he can be really unpredictable. (Eg - Joginder Sharma T20 WC 2007 Inda) If a bowler is Optimistic, he might go for runs but will still try his best (Eg - Zaheer Khan) If a bowler is confident and really good he might give a lot of 1's and 2's. This might just be enough as still 12 runs could be scored.

Known Problem - I have been trying to implement dot balls and had success but for some reason my code stopped working with the software update. I will look into it and dot balls are so crucial in any super over contest. A confident and optimistic bowler will try bowling those dot ball deliveries more then nervy bowler.

Confidence rating - I feel confident enough that the idea and problem will be solved. Once I have that implemented I will release a demo for all to play. The demo would be playable on Windows as well as Android.

Any suggestion for me to implement in a better way please do not hesitate in letting me know. @Hydron @Sodium @CerealKiller @asprin @Na Maloom Afraad .

I am tagging you guys because you have shown interest, please do let me know if you do not want to be tagged. :)

Thanks,
Parth K
Fearful Elephants - Twitter | Facebook | Website

Wow I am glad my suggestions were helpful to you. Funny, I was thinking of this a week or so ago thinking I hadn't heard more about it and meant to drop you a line and see how it was going...

Glad you're making progress. Please let me know if you need anything else and I'll be sure to give the beta a whirl.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Wow I am glad my suggestions were helpful to you. Funny, I was thinking of this a week or so ago thinking I hadn't heard more about it and meant to drop you a line and see how it was going...

Glad you're making progress. Please let me know if you need anything else and I'll be sure to give the beta a whirl.
Thanks you. Will definitely keep you in loop.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Which Engine are you using? That looks like Unity...

Users who are viewing this thread