Patch #4 release update!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dutch

One other item for @Dutch and @blockerdave to test if they get a chance... if you can do ask the devs to make AI running between the wkts aggressive. IMO one of the main reasons AI ends with a below par score is coz it consistently takes one run less than what's on offer. This issue was fixed in DBC 14 but is back in DBC 17 so I'm sure it's fixable. Also, AI's lack of urgency in shorter formats, especially towards end overs may need to be looked. AI doesn't try to go after the bowling in death overs despite having bunch of wkts in hand and there's a general lack of awareness with respect to 'Overs Remaining (or RR reqd)'-'Wkts In Hand' balance.
You wont be disappointed with running.....they really push.

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I still don't understand why the running was changed. Besides the diving but where they didn't be make it in I thought it was perfect...

D

Dutch

I still don't understand why the running was changed. Besides the diving but where they didn't be make it in I thought it was perfect...
We have to undestand that dbc17 was built from the ground up again an not on top of 14. As I have understood it is more future proof: so in fact it dbc17 is the first in the series rather than the second or if you will the second first in a series of firsts whereby dbc14 was the first of the firsts! :p

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
One other item for @Dutch and @blockerdave to test if they get a chance... if you can do ask the devs to make AI running between the wkts aggressive. IMO one of the main reasons AI ends with a below par score is coz it consistently takes one run less than what's on offer. This issue was fixed in DBC 14 but is back in DBC 17 so I'm sure it's fixable. Also, AI's lack of urgency in shorter formats, especially towards end overs may need to be looked. AI doesn't try to go after the bowling in death overs despite having bunch of wkts in hand and there's a general lack of awareness with respect to 'Overs Remaining (or RR reqd)'-'Wkts In Hand' balance.

the scoring rate and running aggression has certainly been an area of focus. rest assured, every aspect of the AI has been mentioned by the group: how they run, how they approach chases, the individual shots they play, how they use/change bowlers, how they change fields, how they edge and the variety of edges etc.

there is no guarantee all or any of this will have been improved in the patch, but both the testers and BA have been willing to look at a number of areas.

FollowOn

Club Captain
Any info regarding dynamic lineup issue being fixed , is the regen players improve/deteriorate get replaced over the years? And finally is separate attributes for inswing outswing leg cutter and off cutter making a cut?

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I've already been nagging Dutch and MattW about AI batting mentality not having much of an effect, but I wondered if this was a general consensus rather than something just I have found to be a problem? For me it's massive, for other people maybe less so.

Ramz

International Coach
i really hope they have addressed the bug when doing tournament mode like 50 over WC or T20 WC , the semis and final is played at the hosts nations ground and not the SCG, it kind of ruins the realism of the game. Hope its addressed

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I've already been nagging Dutch and MattW about AI batting mentality not having much of an effect, but I wondered if this was a general consensus rather than something just I have found to be a problem? For me it's massive, for other people maybe less so.

It's been mentioned... like the boys said, we have literally left no stone unturned.

I must of mentioned the words BatPad x100

Pitch variation
Seam deviation off Grassy wickets.
Ai using their feet more and sweeping the spinners.
AI playing off the backfoot.

They must be sick and tired from hearing from us!

Nathaus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
i really hope they have addressed the bug when doing tournament mode like 50 over WC or T20 WC , the semis and final is played at the hosts nations ground and not the SCG, it kind of ruins the realism of the game. Hope its addressed

Every final, ever, should be played at the SCG ;)

Moosc

Club Captain
Now that its only six days to go and some have suggested that a delay may be forthcoming, will there be any announcement from BA regarding this?

RTigers80

School Cricketer
So I haven't played the game since patch 1 was released, but I'm looking forward to getting back into it when patch four releases shortly. Is the general advice still to delete all save data and start again? That was the advice around the time of patch 1 and the reason I stopped playing (well that and the crashes!!)

Cloud Starkman

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I'm with you on that Langeveldt this is my biggest hang up about this game I am over getting AI out for under 100 and the same shots they play and that is on legend
I know DBC 14 had its issues with AI but I had some really competitive matches and that was on pro difficulty DBC 17 is like playing all the old cricket games with really useless AI

D

Dutch

I'm with you on that Langeveldt this is my biggest hang up about this game I am over getting AI out for under 100 and the same shots they play and that is on legend
I know DBC 14 had its issues with AI but I had some really competitive matches and that was on pro difficulty DBC 17 is like playing all the old cricket games with really useless AI
Fwi I just finished a five day test match and bowled every ball....it was a draw.....ai batted for four and a half sessions to draw the match.....chasing 434 for victory they held out to make 397 for 8 and the last 15 overs were really tense with both sides capable for victory....they had one guy in his nineties for more than 10 overs...lots of leaving and blocking and jumping on the bad ball...good running and no stupid cheap wickets....one wicket was a leave to a ball he misjudged and took off stump out....there is a way to go yet but ai is deffo more challenging.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Cloud Starkman

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Fwi I just finished a five day test match and bowled every ball....it was a draw.....ai batted for four and a half sessions to draw the match.....
Cheers thanks Dutch I have been reading your posts and things sound promising I still play this game everyday as I love the mechanics of it as I said the AI is relly my only problem I have with this game at moment and am really excited for the patch I have alot of faith in @BigAntStudios to deliver as they have with every sports game they have developed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread