dbc17 hacks: fearsome tweak v1.51

francobaldo1

Fearsome tweak legend...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
yeh vid is taking some time: should be up in ten.....the hack is essential to give the game the final oomph it needs....and is a wip so there is more to come i am sure....for example I would love to have the fielding position names gone......and all hud elements....just pure gameplay....

Is live now!

great video Dutch, thank you, on your computer it looks great. I'm surprised that the hud and names appear on your screen, they shouldnt.
Might be because you have a custom hud. I also use default options for the hud.

2ecj0K2.jpg

Plotinus

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
@Dutch, thanks for the video...certainly looks like it adds in wicket types that are all too rare in the current vanilla build. @francobaldo1, thanks for your continued efforts to get the best out of BA's cricket games. I'll certainly be taking the tweak for a spin and will let you know how I get on.

jonah

International Coach
great video Dutch, thank you, on your computer it looks great. I'm surprised that the hud and names appear on your screen, they shouldnt.
Might be because you have a custom hud. I also use default options for the hud.

2ecj0K2.jpg

I use default too and have the HUD like Dutch, maybe it's in the settings somewhere?
Anyway, the camera works a treat Franco, so much better than doing the old 'scan from the batsman's viewpoint' as it was originally. Thanks again.

D

Dutch

Yeah Franco is a feckin genius and puts the cherry on the top of the game....its a good game but Franco gives it a massive boost!

francobaldo1

Fearsome tweak legend...
Can you please now add strenght hack with slider?

yes i have forgot about that, i'll try to add also one for bowling speed, i think it should be useful to use with the gameplay modifiers.
Currently i was working on a scenario editor, or at least some tools to create a scenario (is not gonna be very practical to use,
at least in the first versions).

D

Dutch

yes i have forgot about that, i'll try to add also one for bowling speed, i think it should be useful to use with the gameplay modifiers.
Currently i was working on a scenario editor, or at least some tools to create a scenario (is not gonna be very practical to use,
at least in the first versions).
Wow!!!!

Plotinus

Associate Captain
I've played my first innings bowling with the Hack running (none of the check-boxes checked). Some stunning wickets but I wonder whether rolling a side is a little too easy unless I'm doing something wrong. Of course one innings is no test...but here's the card, if anyone's interested:

Nde0SGL.jpg

In reply (batting with the hack still running), I'm 7 down for around 120...so this could turn out to be a very short test match.

francobaldo1

Fearsome tweak legend...
I've played my first innings bowling with the Hack running (none of the check-boxes checked). Some stunning wickets but I wonder whether rolling a side is a little too easy unless I'm doing something wrong. Of course one innings is no test...but here's the card, if anyone's interested:

Nde0SGL.jpg

In reply (batting with the hack still running), I'm 7 down for around 120...so this could turn out to be a very short test match.

in this version attacking the stumps is more effective, and bowled/lbw happens a lot more. Basically genuine AI edges (that you get without cheating) are
"converted" in misses if the ball is gonna hit the stumps. If it doesnt hit the stumps, it remains an edge. So there is a small penalty for the AI, but still
it shouldnt be considered cheating. Currently this happen 100% of the time, i will probably add a slider so you can reduce the chance if you want.
Of course you could still have bowled the opposition for 114 if you catched all the balls. This happens only when the AI is batting.

Plotinus

Associate Captain
in this version attacking the stumps is more effective, and bowled/lbw happens a lot more. Basically genuine AI edges (that you get without cheating) are
"converted" in misses if the ball is gonna hit the stumps. If it doesnt hit the stumps, it remains an edge. So there is a small penalty for the AI, but still
it shouldnt be considered cheating. Currently this happen 100% of the time, i will probably add a slider so you can reduce the chance if you want.
Of course you could still have bowled the opposition for 114 if you catched all the balls. This happens only when the AI is batting.

@francobaldo1 thanks for the explanation, as I said, I do need to play more than one innings to see how the hack affects the overall balance. It was really good to see the stumps sent flying again...Dilley's dismissal of Wettimuny was particularly fine with a fast ball just shaping away enough to miss the bat and take out off-stump.

In your delving through the code do you have a clearer idea of how confidence affects the chance of an edge? I still don't quite understand how confidence works or what influences it but if there was some way that it could be used to determine the chance of a miss, rather than an edge, for balls that are aimed at the stumps it could remove the need for a slider. Just an idea...I really have not the first clue as to how you work your magic or what is possible here.

Anyway, thanks again for your efforts here...even though I've been enjoying DBC17 alot in its vanilla form, I can see me using your hack from now on.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Seeing all the videos and everyone's comments about using the hack makes playing the console version quite unappealing in my opinion. I just haven't done pc gaming for so long, I don't really want to go back to it, but might be forced to get the best gameplay experience

Did the hack to stop field changes every ball whilst AI bowling get implemented ok?

D

Dutch

Seeing all the videos and everyone's comments about using the hack makes playing the console version quite unappealing in my opinion. I just haven't done pc gaming for so long, I don't really want to go back to it, but might be forced to get the best gameplay experience

Did the hack to stop field changes every ball whilst AI bowling get implemented ok?
Yes...it will change at the beginning of an over afaics but the changing every ball is remedied.....I couldn't play the game without this hack!

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
..I couldn't play the game without this hack!

Thanks for confirming Dutch, & this is conclusion I am coming to. Maybe time to trade Xbox copy in for PC version....

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Thanks for confirming Dutch, & this is conclusion I am coming to. Maybe time to trade Xbox copy in for PC version....

My Xbox one version is dusty! PC all the way!! :p

D

Dutch

What I do do is have the ai fielding change box unticked for a couple of balls till they have got an appropriate field and then check it....however I am playing hardcore.....no hud whatsoever and it really doesn't matter what field they set cos I am going out whatever they do!!! :p is great though: can highly rrecommend no hud whatsoever for batting and bowling; pure gameplay!

Users who are viewing this thread