MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
This seems like it will continue to be one of those things that seems to shock everyone when it comes up every couple of days, so time for a sticky thread on it.

If you take a look at the Batting/Bowling controls information, you can see that it heavily relies on the usage of the analogue sticks on a controller - Big Ant have decided against trying to make the controls less detailed to be able to make them possible with a keyboard/mouse - which means you will need a controller to play the game on PC.

The recommended controller is the Xbox 360 controller for Windows - but most controllers that have two analogue sticks and shoulder buttons should be fine, though a controller with analogue triggers instead of just buttons is better.

Any questions about this side of things should go here.

Controls for PS3 controllers:
q6SyVvw.png

hEKkV7Wh.png

:gamepad:​

Last edited by a moderator:

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Does that mean I can't play the game without a Xbox 360 controller? What about my single stick controller? Or maybe PS2 controller I can borrow from my cousin? Please respond ASAP so I can plan for my purchase :D

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
Thought analog triggers are required, not just "better". They are used to control shot power if I am not wrong.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
But will I be able to play it using the keyboard?
If you make four jokes in this thread about being confused about the requirement you get an unlock code that enables it.

Thought analog triggers are required, not just "better". They are used to control shot power if I am not wrong.
My understanding is that some elements of the controls are basically optional - so if you didn't have the triggers you wouldn't have as much control over your shot but could still play it.

Basically the more control you put in to the shot the more control you have over it, so if your controller doesn't have all the functions you just won't be able to control that aspect of the stroke. I think the difficulty settings also make a difference to how much you're expected to do.

007avenger007

Club Captain
@MattW

Is it true that the triggers control shot power? If that's true and there's no work around then I might have to say good-bye to my trusty (Chinese) game-pad... IT HAS A TURBO BUTTON!!!
plus that xbox controller is dang expensive for its worth! especially with the xbox one coming out a few months later!

Aswin8

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I don't have much idea about joystick,
is this joystick have all the required controls?
neroyoung.png

or only Xbox controller has all of them?

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I can very well see this thread flooded with names & pics of hundreds of controllers and asking Matt to confirm whether they will work with the game :lol

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Oh no! Not something that I wanted to see. But I think I can get used to a controller just because it should be worth it. Have high hopes from this game :thumbs

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
The one's who are sad about this is clearly pirates. :P
Anyways nice there a big applause to Big Ant to at least slow down the piracy for cricket games. Will a PS3 controller work by any chance? :spy

Users who are viewing this thread