IPL Apr 8 - Chennai Super Kings vs Kolkata Knight Riders

riz7khan12

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Odds from bet365

Chennai Super Kings vs Kolkata Knight Riders - MA Chidambaram Stadium

Interesting to see how the ipl starts off this year with the new squads.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Damn excited for the IPL to begin. Interestingly, the skippers of both the teams weren't in the best of forms before scoring 90 odd runs each in the WC final.

On a serious note, looking at the squads, it'll be great to see KKR causing an upset and defeating CSK. I term it as an upset because after winning the earlier seasons of IPL and CLT20 and having Dhoni as their leader, CSK certainly are the favorites not only for this match but to win the tournament.

P Squared

International Coach
As much as I want KKR to win this match, I don't think they will, since its against a CSK team that won the IPL and CLT20 last year.

crazyrahul

Club Cricketer
KKR looks most threatening team this time. But I am with CSK for this match. MSD back into batting form, and I think I don't need to tell you all about his captaincy. So anything can happen.

MSD/Raina/Vijay/Styris Vs Lee/Kallis/Balaji

as well as

Gambhir/Kallis/Yusuf/Haddin Vs Morkel/Randiv/Ashwin

:cheers

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
I'm going with KKR, despite of knowing the fact that they've won 2/2 opening games (Match 1) they've played (both away)!

vickyrox

Club Captain
We are going to have only 3 foreign players available for this match..
And chennai will be missing mike hussey.!
Our line up should be

Gautam Gambhir(c)
JACK KALLIS
Manoj Tiwary
Eoin morgan
Yusuf pathan
Sreevats goswami(wk)
Ryan ten doeschate
Rajat bhatia
Iqbal abdullah
Laxmi balaji
Jaydev unadkat

----------

Depth in batting as well as bowling

puneet28

Club Captain
I think KKR will win it.....

Atleast i have I am sure that i will see Ashwin playing this time :p

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Come on Chennai... But its sad that we have to play this thing just 6 days after becoming World Champions. Feel sad for the players, but atleast now people wont blame players for playing badly in an ICC tournament and playing better in IPL's:lol:p

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
I think someone said this. :lol

Lol , i said i won't be watching the matches on television man . That is totally different from the actual atmosphere you experience in a stadium . Anyways , it seems no one has got any tickets for themselves . :(

riz7khan12

Panel of Selectors
^ :rolleyes

so what's the pitch going to be like, chennai has 2 faces tbh. I'm guessing they wouldn't want a absolute turner like they had for the world cup but something more like a road like chennai had in previous seasons.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Lol , i said i won't be watching the matches on television man . That is totally different from the actual atmosphere you experience in a stadium . Anyways , it seems no one has got any tickets for themselves . :(

Well what a change Sirji!!!! "Watching a single ball of the IPL" means "watching it in television". So when you watch it at the stadium, you will be watching the cheerleaders and their dances and not the balls??:lol

----------

^ :rolleyes

so what's the pitch going to be like, chennai has 2 faces tbh. I'm guessing they wouldn't want a absolute turner like they had for the world cup but something more like a road like chennai had in previous seasons.

I think it will be a 180-190 pitch where it will get slow and turn more as the game progresses. Chennai wont have dew, so the side batting first will have a good advantage.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Trust me , i won't be watching a single ball of this IPL on television and neither do i support a team

Fixed . :p
Well what a change Sirji!!!! "Watching a single ball of the IPL" means "watching it in television". So when you watch it at the stadium, you will be watching the cheerleaders and their dances and not the balls?? :lol

Fair enough , but watching it live in the stadium is something everyone loves and will never ever pass up the opportunity if given one . And btw , a BIG 'NO' to CSK cheerleaders ! I am always content with the White Mischief group of RCB ;)

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
"Watching a single ball of the IPL" means "watching it in television". So when you watch it at the stadium, you will be watching the cheerleaders and their dances and not the balls??
He will be batching the balls, but not the cricket balls. ;)

I think it will be a 180-190 pitch where it will get slow and turn more as the game progresses. Chennai wont have dew, so the side batting first will have a good advantage.
Exactly. Chennai under any circumstance won't be having dew. And 180-190, you said a bit too much. I reckon even 160 will be competitive.

But from the past experiences in the IPL, if a team really wishes to stand a good chance in the second inning, it needs to score at least 180.

Users who are viewing this thread