Ball not spinning

Matt Price

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
My Career player is a Left-Arm Leg spin and I can do a leg spin(push left-stick up top-right) that has about 1500-2000revs , but the only spin the slightest(like 2 degrees) and I dont know why!

D

Deleted member 149013

You are getting some decent revs.

There has been times when I have got the ball to spin more bordering on unrealistic and times when it won’t do anything.

Plus part timers ripping it all over on a dog of a thing for a pitch but I think that was more to do with the player skill set that needed correcting with that.

It might be the conditions of the pitch or ball condition not sure. It probably won’t be the last frustrating thing you find in the game.

It’s a good game though and I think it’s still and always will be a game that wants to develop and go further.

Great to see another Yorkshire fan on here. :)

Matt Price

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
You are getting some decent revs.

There has been times when I have got the ball to spin more bordering on unrealistic and times when it won’t do anything.

Plus part timers ripping it all over on a dog of a thing for a pitch but I think that was more to do with the player skill set that needed correcting with that.

It might be the conditions of the pitch or ball condition not sure. It probably won’t be the last frustrating thing you find in the game.

It’s a good game though and I think it’s still and always will be a game that wants to develop and go further.

Great to see another Yorkshire fan on here. :)
Yorkshire!!!!!!! :)

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Seeing as this thread exists now I have a similar question but it's a bit off-topic so sorry for hijacking your thread!

Basically since getting the game I can't spin the ball to save my life. I've played numerous 50 over games with different teams and different spinners. I understand that certain deliveries spin more etc but my problem is I can never get the ticker into the green. I've not done it once the whole time playing even with the delivery that spins the most.

I've tried turning the left stick like it says, I've done it slow, fast and outright gone mental rotating it 100x and I just don't know how to get it into the green marker lol

D

Dutch

Seeing as this thread exists now I have a similar question but it's a bit off-topic so sorry for hijacking your thread!

Basically since getting the game I can't spin the ball to save my life. I've played numerous 50 over games with different teams and different spinners. I understand that certain deliveries spin more etc but my problem is I can never get the ticker into the green. I've not done it once the whole time playing even with the delivery that spins the most.

I've tried turning the left stick like it says, I've done it slow, fast and outright gone mental rotating it 100x and I just don't know how to get it into the green marker lol
Its not so much the speed but the timing: experiment with when you start and end EXACTLY three rotations...returning to the spot you started just before ball release...its more a rhythm thing...

D

Deleted member 149013

One thing that does help is if the joypad is worn out a bit.

Using a new or newish joypad I found won’t get as much spin a small help but one I noticed.

You need a joypad you can trash try to get the analogues worn and have another joypad you keep for other games.

D

Deleted member 149013

I am not a male, I’m female.

I don’t want to lie anymore, I don’t like the person I am becoming.

I should have been honest from the start I have pretended for almost two years and the stress of it and checking everything I wrote to cover this up is starting to take a toll and I can’t do it anymore.

The voice in the game I need to withdraw it. I had a male friend record who doesn’t even like cricket it’s not fair on the people who genuinely applied.

There is not much left to say but I’m glad that’s it over and I am sorry for the confusion it caused.

I want to apologise to everyone on here and everyone on WhatsApp for deceiving them I am really sorry.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Its not so much the speed but the timing: experiment with when you start and end EXACTLY three rotations...returning to the spot you started just before ball release...its more a rhythm thing...

How is the rotation meant to be done it's driving me insane. I've not had one delivery in the green ticker when I rotate it the ticker keeps resetting with each rotation and sometimes it gets mid way up the meter then falls down to the start. For a leggie I'm rotating from down all the way through to up 3x, when I reach up I sort of let the stick go neutral for a split second and then begin the second rotation from down again, is this incorrect?

Thanks!

D

Dutch

How is the rotation meant to be done it's driving me insane. I've not had one delivery in the green ticker when I rotate it the ticker keeps resetting with each rotation and sometimes it gets mid way up the meter then falls down to the start. For a leggie I'm rotating from down all the way through to up 3x, when I reach up I sort of let the stick go neutral for a split second and then begin the second rotation from down again, is this incorrect?

Thanks!
Don't let the stick go! You need a rhythm whereby theres a kind of progressive winding up as it were!

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Don't let the stick go! You need a rhythm whereby theres a kind of progressive winding up as it were!

I'm not really letting the stick go and even when I try it without letting the stick go I find it impossible. Do you do a 360 motion or just the 180 as shown in the tutorial/practice mode? I've tried both variants and no luck either way. I'm going from down > sliding to up > then sliding back down and repeating and I can only get it a few notches up usually 700RPM is the best I can do.

This is really difficult lol!!! Thanks for the help so far

Users who are viewing this thread