Best match winning innings you have seen?

stereotype

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
It wasn't chasing a total but Ponting's 196 at the Gabba v England in 2006 was one that really set the tone for the entire series let alone match.

King Cricket

International Coach
Dhoni's 180+ against Sri Lanka anyone? The highest score by a wicketkeeper batsman. If not for Dhoni, we would never have won that match.

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
Jonathon Trott this year, and also Michael Hussey at the SCG.

hacker

Club Cricketer
Dhoni's 180+ against Sri Lanka anyone? The highest score by a wicketkeeper batsman. If not for Dhoni, we would never have won that match.

Yeah definitely that was one of the best match winning inning :)

Harishan

Club Cricketer

Ahh good memories that, I was in Ranchi (Dhoni's hometown) at the time when that match was played and boy I heard people talking about his innings for days.

Fatal Shot

Club Cricketer
Smith's 158* at Edgebaston

Chasing a target of 286, on the fifth day, with the ball spinning quite a lot, Smith lead from the front, and secured out first series win in England.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Miandad's last ball six broke my heart. I had heard of the match, read about it, but when a repeat of it was being shown on Ten Sports, I watched the whole thing, right up to the last ball. When Chetan Sharma was running in with 5 runs needed off the last ball and Miandad on strike, it slowly dawned on me. When he swung it over square leg, my heart sank.

Then there are some great cameos by Pathan and Pollard in T20s I really enjoyed.

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
Sorry, I didn't watch it :|

Andrew Symonds - WC 2003 and Aus v SL, SCG 2006.

Harishan

Club Cricketer
Lol, funnily enough some low life copied my opening post an used it to make a thread on Cricket Web WTF? :sarcasm

Edit: that low life ended up being the infamous 'sribabu'

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread