Console Patch 3 Release?

tassietiger420

Club Captain
So basically on the 4th of September we were told that the console patches were within 2 weeks of release. This was clearly not the case however it's not the delay that's annoying rather the lack of communication. Myself, along with others I have seen have messaged Big Ant on Facebook and Twitter with no response. They have also gone pretty quiet in recent weeks on these forums regarding this issue. I appreciate that they are probably focused on the recent release of RLL3 but this isn't reason enough to cease communication with players of an older game.
I also acknowledge that once patches get put up for approval then it's essentially out of the hands of the developers however I don't believe this warrants a shut down in communication especially if there are more delays. We have been waiting for co-op in particular for a long time now and it's starting to drag out.

So basically I really don't want this to sound overly critical, I love DBC14 and really hope Big Ant work hard on the next one to improve on their very solid base they have established with this game. This is more a frustrated post seeking a bit more info and communication.

freeshead

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
True. Eagerly waiting for the console update. But no talks nor any discussions for console update. All the focus is on PC update. And it seems that Big Ant have only launched & made PC version.

mixz0r

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
It is a long time, but at least it's happening as promised (albeit much later than most of us anticipated).

I was going to buy the PS4 version once Patch 3 came out, but now I'm wondering if it's even worth it. I've had the PS3 version for almost 18 months so I might as well wait for DBC15/16 I guess.

Unless of course the next one comes without local co-op, because really; that's all I want in a cricket game.

tazzron

Club Captain
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
It is a long time, but at least it's happening as promised (albeit much later than most of us anticipated).

I was going to buy the PS4 version once Patch 3 came out, but now I'm wondering if it's even worth it. I've had the PS3 version for almost 18 months so I might as well wait for DBC15/16 I guess.

Unless of course the next one comes without local co-op, because really; that's all I want in a cricket game.

That is also all I want in a cricket game. Crazy to think I bought both PS3 and PS4 versions expecting co-op, and more than a year later, I'm still waiting. Why such a seemingly simple yet crucial addition to the game didn't take precedence and wasn't added as soon as possible perplexes me.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Crazy to think I bought both PS3 and PS4 versions expecting co-op, and more than a year later, I'm still waiting.

Crazy to think you purchased a game that didn't have a feature on the back of the box but yet expect it to be included hopefully for free? Jesus Christ. Purchase the game for how good it is, not how good you hope it'll be.

ASHES_FAN

Associate Cricketer
Crazy to think you purchased a game that didn't have a feature on the back of the box but yet expect it to be included hopefully for free? Jesus Christ. Purchase the game for how good it is, not how good you hope it'll be.
Big Ant promised co-op before the game was even released

tazzron

Club Captain
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

Uncertain when exactly I bought the PS3 version but by the time I bought the PS4 version, it was made clear that co-op would be added to the game through patch 3. Hence, I bought the game expecting co-op to be added. Not exactly crazy to think.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Uncertain when exactly I bought the PS3 version but by the time I bought the PS4 version, it was made clear that co-op would be added to the game through patch 3. Hence, I bought the game expecting co-op to be added. Not exactly crazy to think.
I had the PS3 version and played thousands of hours in that then came the awesome deal on PC version then I switched to that then got a lot of players playing the game on PC, so decided to sell my PS3 copy to save for the next version...Now I am enjoying PC version a lot [apart from FPS issue from the stupid graphics card] but its really enjoyable for me to play on PC...

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
Big Ant promised co-op before the game was even released

That's not my point. That guy said:

Crazy to think I bought both PS3 and PS4 versions expecting co-op,

...when it was never advertised as a feature. It'd be like Nike telling you they'll release a pair of shoes with velcro straps, so you go and buy ones with shoelaces hoping that they'll send you some velcro straps in the mail. It doesn't make sense. If your whinge is "The patch has taken too long" that's fine, you can think that. IMO, it's taken a while but they're still supporting the game day in day out so that's pretty neat... But nobody in their right mind makes a purchase decision for any computer game for features you HOPE might be added one day. The game shipped, was advertised and sold without a co-op mode.

by the time I bought the PS4 version, it was made clear that co-op would be added to the game through patch 3

That doesn't make any sense. You buy a game for whats in the box, not what you hope might be. Any number of things totally outside of BigAnt's control determine whether or not co-op makes it onto consoles... why on earth would you make a purchase decision for a game for something that isn't advertised as part of a game? It's an utterly illogical complaint to be making...

I get people are frustrated that the patch is taking longer for consoles, but just buy the PC version (which already has it as an advertised feature) if it's that much of a problem. It's literally cheaper than the console version and has been for months... If you're buying a product in the hope you might get something you maybe read somewhere on the internet, I have a magical gold pooping cat to sell you for a crisp Zimbabwean dollar... PM me your bank account details...

Last edited:

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England

Well it wasn't in at time of PS4 release, so yes it was crazy to buy that expecting it to be in there. Batshit.

tassietiger420

Club Captain
I get people are frustrated that the patch is taking longer for consoles, but just buy the PC version (which already has it as an advertised feature) if it's that much of a problem.

Oh come on that's a pretty silly thing to say isn't it? I play games on both PC and Console and it's ridiculous to say that someone should have to go buy a different version of the game to get features that have been promised for all versions.

I understand how much easier it is to quickly patch PC versions but quite frankly it amazes me that co-op wasn't in the original game or at least added fairly early as in my opinion co-op should be a default feature on all sports games. It has now got to the point where we may be almost closer to the release of the next DBC than the current one and we are still waiting for features to be added. Perhaps that is a slight exaggeration but really over a year and a half after the release of a game is a long time to still be waiting for major updates with promised features.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
it's ridiculous to say that someone should have to go buy a different version of the game to get features that have been promised for all versions.

No it's not. If you wanted to play Co-Op if it was such an important feature for you the PC was always going to be patched first and quickly. It's ridiculous to get pissy because Co-Op hasn't been patched into a game that never had it, off the shelf, was only mentioned in these forums as a feature they were going to add eventually via a patch with no specific time period for it's release. You can say "promised" all you like, but you're owed literally nothing. If it aint on the box, there's no guarantee you get anything. The sense of entitlement is, honestly... quite baffling. To suggest a feature, a minor one at that, is affecting your experience with the game to the degree you're implying, is honestly no fault other than your own.

it amazes me that co-op wasn't in the original game

Cool and that's a really valid argument to made in another thread discussing all the things people were amazed weren't included in the original game. I for one am amazed they didn't include more slots for kits, but that didn't affect my purchase of the initial game and I won't be making a thread to complain that we've only just now had almost unlimited slots open up for modding kits, because; Yay we got it. Neato.

really over a year and a half after the release of a game is a long time to still be waiting for major updates with promised features.

See, here's where you and I differ. I think it's amazing they're bothering to support and patch the title at all. I can't think of many (if any) other sports titles that get regular patch updates, regular community support and developers interacting a year after release of a sports title. There's never been, repeat, never been this amount of support for a cricket game before.

Perspective.

barjatya

School Cricketer
ok back to the main question ..
is the patch coming out today ?

Users who are viewing this thread