Created Players, Logos, Uniforms and Stadiums

tarangmht

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Great work. @prav33nb. would however request Bigants to rework the sharing feature in such a way that one can still edit skills and appearance to ones liking but not re share to take credit away from the original creator. Everyone is not good at creating players who resemble real life cricketers but what made old academy great was the option to download player creations from other users and being able to customize them as per your liking. Please do this :)

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
I remember when Academy came out before release of DBC14, there were a lot more creations done in first few days. Things seem a bit slow comparatively. I wonder what is the cause.

12comm

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
my first try on dbc 17 academy,how is this ?
if u like download it : user id 12commeco

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 485

inaziri

Club Captain
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
my first try on dbc 17 academy,how is this ?
if u like download it : user id 12commeco

Liked the version created by @prav33nb more. Expecting more close to real players.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
Things seem a bit slow comparatively. I wonder what is the cause.
  • There had never been a beta-release academy released to the public before DBC1.
  • There had never been a comprehensive player creator for a cricket game released before DBC1.
  • Enhanced graphics in DBC2 means lower-end PC's can't run the academy = Less People

But mostly...
  • Hours/Days/Weeks were put into player likenesses by a lot of people and there was some seriously hard work put into teams as well. Personally, i'm not sinking any time into creating players when they've already figured out a way to port old player creations into the new game, negating the need to create them from scratch. We just simply just tweak our preferred ones this time around which, once unlocked, will take minutes, rather than hours.
Also, we've got the same problem as last time regarding player attributes, having no idea how they work within the game means I think we're all a little gunshy to sink any time into that stuff as well.

Fissionmailed

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Days/Weeks were put into player likenesses by a lot of people and there was some seriously hard work put into teams as well. Personally, i'm not sinking any time into creating players when they've already figured out a way to port old player creations into the new game, negating the need to create them from scratch. We just simply just tweak our preferred ones this time around which, once unlocked, will take minutes, rather than hours.

Ding Ding Ding, this is the big one for me, I will have a crack at some of my personal favourite players but I'm not going as deep as I did with DBC 14.

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
There are a few more clues this time round with the attributes. For instance have a look at James Rodgers (Joe root) and then the eoin Morgan player (can't think of his name ) the technical attributes (footwork, control) should generally be higher for a test player than a T20 player. (Apart from attacking). On the other hand the shots attributes should be higher for a T20 player. This is something I have had a look at and generally their is a pattern between a player's skills, and his preferred format.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
For sure but we have no idea how all that stuff will reflect in-game. We can guess like last time and waste our time leaving blocker to revisit them all in a reskill master thread again, or wait for guidance from BigAnt. I would dearly love a black and white explanation of "Changing X effects Y" before taking a pass at academy player edits.

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I guess it's a bit easier for me as I'm making fictional teams but what I have done as a hangover from last time is make the team's with a set skill cap. This way I have some teams with average player rating in 70s other teams progressively lower. This way I'll hopefully be able to edit them quickly when a balance is found (if it's necessary). That said, I agree that it would be cool if BA could give us a few hints for using the academy. Hoping the next update unlocks teams, and it will be interesting to see how they're rated too.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
For sure but we have no idea how all that stuff will reflect in-game. We can guess like last time and waste our time leaving blocker to revisit them all in a reskill master thread again, or wait for guidance from BigAnt. I would dearly love a black and white explanation of "Changing X effects Y" before taking a pass at academy player edits.

one of the things stopping me making any players yet is the issue of not having kit released. It still winds me up to this day seeing players - sometimes whole teams - come out with the default kit, especially the 3 band bat grip (i don't know why that bit winds me up especially).

also, when we went through academy builds last time there were certain glitches - at one point all the finger/wrist spinners got reversed and again I still find myself starting matches only to find e.g. Derek Underwood is a wrist spinner and i have to start again, go into the academy etc.

Users who are viewing this thread