Cricket 07's Gameplays vs Ashes 09's Gameplay

Which Game Has a Better Gameplay?

• Total voters

Aditya

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
To be very frank Ashes Cricket'09 gameplay is very poor compared to cricket'07 gameplay made by few patch makers. If we will be able to edit Ashes Cricket'09 gameplay then certainly this game will be better than cricket'07.

D

Dutch

To be very frank Ashes Cricket'09 gameplay is very poor compared to cricket'07 gameplay made by few patch makers. If we will be able to edit Ashes Cricket'09 gameplay then certainly this game will be better than cricket'07.

Yes!!! At last someone who agrees with me! Thank you!:happy:)

saiyaman

Club Cricketer
Umm without those variations what is Cricket? If you look at real life Cricket, Batting means picking your gap intelligently in a 360 free form manner rather than sticking to fixed directions and pray to god that it somehow rockets past the fielder. That is SO not realistic and it doesn't offer any form of an improved game play.

As I said previously, I can't seem to like or dislike the bowling system offered by both titles. Probably I like them both. lol

Variations are what keep the game going and keep it interesting. Imagine if a bowler used to bowl at the same spot and the batsman used to always play a shot which doesn't even seem to deviate from a direction. It wouldn't count much as exciting right?

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
Was fed up with AC09 after just a few weeks,yet after two years am still playing EA07, never had a test match go past the third day in AC and thats with choosing not to play shots in an attempt to get a touch of realism in the score's as opposed to the CPU being all out for around 200 after around 40 overs then being able to score off pretty much every ball!!
Much prefer bowling in EA, it has a bit more zip about it and doesn't have a ridiculous colour coded system that isn't even reflective of where to bowl in real life!!! That said I do prefer AC over EA when playing PvP. I could go on but it would just make me sad:crying
Fingers crossed for TAOC

saiyaman

Club Cricketer
Was fed up with AC09 after just a few weeks,yet after two years am still playing EA07, never had a test match go past the third day in AC and thats with choosing not to play shots in an attempt to get a touch of realism in the score's as opposed to the CPU being all out for around 200 after around 40 overs then being able to score off pretty much every ball!!
Much prefer bowling in EA, it has a bit more zip about it and doesn't have a ridiculous colour coded system that isn't even reflective of where to bowl in real life!!! That said I do prefer AC over EA when playing PvP. I could go on but it would just make me sad:crying
Fingers crossed for TAOC

Maybe a combination of AC 09's batting system combined with EA's bowling system would be nice. Then again....the fielding system has much to improve as well.

douglas93

Club Captain
07 much the better , main reason the lack of realism in AC09. I agree with cooks1st100 above You can easily get to 300 before lunch on the 1st day of a test on AC09 and thats on hard. I spent a lot of time on 07 as it was a challenge (admittedly sometimes boring), I lost interest in AC09 after only a few weeks as it lacks any realism. You never feel you have to dig in for a bit or work for runs, just work out the timing when the bowler releases the ball and you'll easy get 15 runs an over. boring.

arjind

International Coach
My opinion C07 vs AC09 both raw gameplay - unpatched):
Fielding - ASHES all the way (no question, C07 doesn't even have catching and there isn't a dropped catch
Batting -Split - AI pace, C07 wins, 360 gameplay e.g. shots all around the compass - AC09 wins
Bowling, hmmm - Crick 07 smoother bowling and takes into account the conditions whereas AC09 doesn't really lke over the 5 days of a test in C07 the pitch develops rough and f you bowl into the rough it spins more, AC09 doesn't have that
Bowlng actions - C07 are smoother, AC09 are static or robotic
Speeds - hmm, AC09 toooo fast, Crick 07 toooooo slow

Ironic really, how both cancel each other out, a combination of the both would be amazing

IMO, AC09 AI and unpatchablity is just too bad and really badly paced, even though C07 has quite slow A pacing because of patches that can be fixed but AC09 is abismal compared to C07,
Cricket 07 looks like more of a complete game then AC09 in the gameplay dept and so t wins my vote

Users who are viewing this thread