Cricket 07's Gameplays vs Ashes 09's Gameplay

Which Game Has a Better Gameplay?

• Total voters

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
The AI's OD and T20 pacing is good but they collapse easily and slump to about 150 all out. (AC09 360 on normal) Tests are played at about 4-6 rpo

Varun

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Both have got equal votes in the poll , so they're equal, though I voted Cricket 2007

varun_rustagi added 1 Minutes and 1 Seconds later...

Cricket 2007 has more options of tours and tournaments and more unique faces as face making is a lot easier.

Aditya

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Both have got equal votes in the poll , so they're equal, though I voted Cricket 2007

varun_rustagi added 1 Minutes and 1 Seconds later...

Cricket 2007 has more options of tours and tournaments and more unique faces as face making is a lot easier.

I don't agree on that note. AC09 has better faces. In ea cricket'07 and ashes cricket'09 both games have made real faces for England and Australia. But in my opinion ashes cricket'09 faces are damn good compared to cricket'07. in ac09 playing XI of England and Australia have spot on faces. If we would be able to make faces for ac'09 in future then certainly my opinion will be ashes cricket'09 could be heaps better game then cricket'07. If we ask a patch maker who has made faces for cricket'07 and ask him which game has better face textures then i'm sure most of them will say ac '09 has better face textures.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
I don't agree on that note. AC09 has better faces. In ea cricket'07 and ashes cricket'09 both games have made real faces for England and Australia. But in my opinion ashes cricket'09 faces are damn good compared to cricket'07. in ac09 playing XI of England and Australia have spot on faces. If we would be able to make faces for ac'09 in future then certainly my opinion will be ashes cricket'09 could be heaps better game then cricket'07. If we ask a patch maker who has made faces for cricket'07 and ask him which game has better face textures then i'm sure most of them will say ac '09 has better face textures.

Same thing you have repeated again and again. You could have just said AC09 has better faces than C2k7.

ChrisCricket

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
I think Ashes has better animations, no were near perfect however but EA Cricket 07 doesnt have exciting gameplay and graphical is bad game

sachin_rocks

International Cricketer
i think playing in c 2007 is too boring only some eye candy due to planetcricket patches but ashes is much more fun because its not that easy for me on hard i usually score around 110 in t20 and
in odi i always get allout
but in test definately c 2007 is better as i can just slog and slog in empty gaps like the cover region is always empty so we can play very easily and online is fun with people whom you know so no cursor movement no quiting just fun ashes is the best cricket game till now

Dipak

ICC Board Member
Ashes 09 is better because of a better shot selection....Also you have to option to defend the ball in the gap for one run especially in test..Ashes have more edges in cricket 07 there are hardly any...Both games are equally bad when i comes to field setting by the computer

dipakvaio added 3 Minutes and 24 Seconds later...

The only thing in which Cric07 beats Ashes is tournaments...

Last edited:

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Ashes Game play is better than C07 cos if you press "Shift+S+Down arrow" the ball will go for a six without any hesitation, but In this, you've to trace the direction of the wind, check out the fielders, and then, go for biggies.

uniquemafia

School Cricketer
As I observed, Ashes Cricket 09's game play is better than cricket 07 bcoz it has new and improved batting, bowling and fielding system which really make the differences....:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

bhasin1985

School Cricketer
I have played all cricket games... i agree that Ashes 2009 is better than an unpatched Cricket 07, but its no comparison to a patched Cricket 07, there are so many good patches. I am using Blackk's 2008 IPL patch with Zimrahil's Human Bowling Patch (unlimited overs, not the v2 beta version), this has made it almost a perfect game.

For Batting -
* if you play t20 matches on 5 star level, you can take any team and cpu will easily score over 140 runs (sometimes 180 -210). it will be hard to bowl out all players in t20. it adds real challenge to the game and you find it hard to beat the cpu.
* if you play ODI, cpu plays like it should in a 50 over match, scores easily over 250 runs (sometimes 290- 330), its very rare to bowl out all players in 50 overs (cpu easily plays 45-48 overs), its really hard to score a win over cpu as batting for human is tough, you cant score a six or boundary on every shot, it can only happen if your timing is perfect, but thats rare.
* if you play test match, cpu scores 2-3 runs per over and is very defensive, you'll have to use all your brain and think of ways to bowl out cpu, it easily plays 50-80 overs, you'll get tired and bored but thats what happens in a test match.

For Bowling -
* one thing i really liked about bowling is that there is atleast 1 fast bowler in every team, except for India and Bangladesh (its very hard to score runs as they are soo fast, they will rip you like a bullet),
* its very very hard to time the shots especially to fast bowlers.

Below are some of the fast bowlers (there could be more), whose bowls comes like a bullet.

Australia --> B.Lee, S.Tait
WI --> Edwards, t.best
SRI --> L.Malinga
SA --> M.Ntini
NZ --> S.Bond
ENG --> Harmison
PAK --> S.Akhtar, M.Sami

This is the best cricket game i have played so far n i dont think that Ashes 2009 is even close to it. (Thanks to Blackk and especially to Zimrahil for making AI batting tough and realistic)

I have made some changes of my own.
* added correct faces (thanks to Aditya and Ahad),
* updated new kits for International Teams.
* made few changes in the roster. (no batsmen should be defensive, they are either aggressive or moderate), updated batting skills for top batsmen of every international team and also improved batting of middle and low order.
* added Friend863's camera and replay patch (thanks to him, really appreciate his work, as it adds real fun to the game)

Viral Shah

International Coach
you should also add flintoff in fast bowlers whose bowl comes like a bullet. according to my suggestion

Users who are viewing this thread