Cricket 2000 Interview!!! - Post your questions

Statman

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi everyone....... I will be interviewing someone from the Cricket 2000 team and the interview will be posted on a website. I have a list of questions that I have already prepared. But if you guys have something unique to add. Please add it here

SHUBHAM

School Cricketer
will there be any presentation ceremony at the end of each match.

sachinismygod

Club Cricketer
The controls in cricket 99 and 2000 by ea suck royally.Batting with only 2 keys is just not like it.This is where BLC scores heavily over ea cricket games.Please tell them to configure the controls somewhat similar to BLC, or better still,exactly like BLC (with some minor improvements of course)

sachinismygod

Club Cricketer
They arrrows just dont work out.For eg, when u place the arrow to play the sweep it plays the pull

And Cricket 2000 is sooooooo dumb easy.Get urself to the pitch of the ball and a four is guaranteed.Please tell them to make it a lot more challenging

It would be a dream if they released a cricket equivalent of FIFA 2001

Shaliesh (old)

Club Cricketer
I think most of us would be first interested to know if there is going to be a PC version.

Some 'nice to haves' for me would be:

1. Minor 'sledging' between bowler and batsman..e.g when the batsman is beaten etc..
2. Batsman should be able to come out but not as far as CWC99 where he could almost get to the non strikers end!

Ahmed Ali Shah

School Cricketer
Y r there only 22 stadiums in it while blc has over 40 stadiums & couldent they find better commenteters like Gef Boycot , Tony Greg , Ian Botham & David Gover .

sskhan

School Cricketer
Why arent they planning to make a PC version ??? The graphics detail look good, just like the other EA sports Cricket predecors, but what about the game play ?? The boundries should be difficult to score and the pace of the game should be more realistic (like in the previous games, the players run like cheetas) Real Test Umpires like David Sheaperd, Steve Bucknor and some more should be in the game.

SHUBHAM

School Cricketer
will there be any commercial after an over or a if a batsman gets out,also will there be any drinks break.

sskhan

School Cricketer
I havent played cricket on any EA editon but would like to know if there would be match statistics and graphs in the game. None of the options are there in BLC. There should be realistic pop-up like Batsman/bowler performance charts, run rates, weather, filder names should be displayed when they are in action.

zimrahil (old)

Club Cricketer
will the cpu batsmen play more intelligently -
Ie when batting second, will the run rate required and number of wickets remaining be factors when it comes to shot selection. Eg in BLC, the cpu batsmen slog at every single ball at the end of the innings regardless of the match situation - horrible !!

Smial

School Cricketer
Well, first and foremost:

Hello all I am new here, and on to the topic -

The main thing that I would like to see above all else is a PC VERSION. Without that the game will not be much fun for me.

That aside, as to questions

- What are the capabilities of the player editor?
- Does the commentary have more variety? It is a little annoying hearing the same comments over and over after hitting a four.
- Will the bowling follow BLC or will it be less sensitive and have more varieties of deliveries?

Smial

School Cricketer
Forgot one

- Is there player statistics performance tracking and if so does it update during a series and when a particular player is batting or bowling, will there updated stats or series stats or both be randomly placed on the screen?

eg.

Steve Waugh
West Indies in Australia
1 test 2 test
54 12 & 123

That sort of thing

Users who are viewing this thread