Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurtkz

Game Developer
Hi guys,

you can find the new update in the first post :)

Cheers
Kurt

PS @Meet: I haven't included the new graphics yet. I'm still working on that :)

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Online Cricket Games Owned
Should I PM feedback or post it here?

So far, I've played just one game. Bang (me) vs. Zim.

Bowling first in a T20, I shot them out for 81. I auto-selected the Zim lineup, my bowling attack was Shahadat, Mortaza, Enamul Haq Jnr. and Raqibul Hasan (didn't use anyone else). I felt that was too easy. I liked setting the batsmen up tho - for Shahadat I kept the speed in the 120s/low 130s, and then cranked one up to 145 to get the wicket. For Enamul I kept bowling slow offies around 78-82, and then a faster tospinner in the late 80s or an armball delivered from wide of the crease at 90s. Loving this ability to have variations and the control you can have over them with good bowlers, but it was a bit easy.

Batting wise, can the front foot shot button not be the same as 'take a run' button? I missed several shots and ended up runout as I was consistently hitting the shot button :p

Against the fast bowlers I noticed that their marker would appear at one spot in their runup, and then suddenly jump to a fuller length before they delivered it. I was set to play on the backfoot for a lot of deliveries and ended up being beaten as they ended up fuller than anticipated. It was fine once I got used to it though.

Initial observations, I'll have more once I play the game some more.

But I do love it at the moment. Bowling's a lot of fun, I'll try against a stronger batting lineup, but I do fear it'll end up being a tad easy. Batting's challenging atm, waiting to see what happens once I get used to the timing and controls.

Meet

Chairman of Selectors
Against the fast bowlers I noticed that their marker would appear at one spot in their runup, and then suddenly jump to a fuller length before they delivered it. I was set to play on the backfoot for a lot of deliveries and ended up being beaten as they ended up fuller than anticipated. It was fine once I got used to it though.
Yeah!Thats the thing I even spotted and even told Kurt in the previous thread.And for me batting is easy and bowling a tough job.:p

kurtkz

Game Developer
@ZoraxDoom: Excellent feedback! Thanks, I really appreciate it :)

Just a few quick comments:

1. Wrt to the running issue - what should I set the run button to?

2. The bowling marker is a known issue - I'm still working on solving it. Should be ready in the next update :)

3. Is there anything I can do to make bowling a bit harder and batting a bit more accessible?

@Meet: Yup, I'm still working on it. Don't worry I haven't forgotten the things you mentioned in the previous post :P

Cheers
Kurt

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Online Cricket Games Owned
I wouldn't mind if the run button was either the Space Bar or something like M or N...our thumb is down their anyways while playing the game so it'll feel okay.

I don't know what can be done to make bowling harder...that depends on how it currently works. A few ideas could be that the batsmen could punish repetitive bowling a bit more...so if you keep bowling the same ball around the same speed, it's more likely to get it, especially if it's on the same spot. I notice this is already there, but emphasize it a bit more I guess? And the second is to make the batsmen a bit more resilient to variations...you have to set them up over a longer period of time for the variations to be effective. At the moment it's like you can set them up over 3-4 balls and get them out on the 5th. Maybe increase that length?

I'll play a few more games and see how the AI batting goes and let you know.

Batting is fine IMO.

kurtkz

Game Developer
@ZoraxDoom: There's actually no specific rules to how the AI bats - it's all procedural. It's interesting what you've picked up on though and I think I can make a small adjustment that might improve the AI quite a bit without unbalancing the game :)

BTW, have you tried playing the game on a harder difficulty setting?

kurtkz

Game Developer
@ZoraxDoom: Maybe try it on a higher setting? If it's too difficult or still too easy, I'm going to need to do a lot of tweaking.

Meet

Chairman of Selectors
Hoping that the next update will solve the bug in which the batsman gets out when the ball is pitched in a particular area..And I hope that it will possibly include the new interface?:p

Last edited:

kurtkz

Game Developer
@Meet: I can't reproduce that bug :/ BUT I am working on it. Also, I haven't managed to get the round buttons in the interface yet, but I have included the square ones.

@ZoraxDoom: Can you play all the deliveries alright? Is there any delivery that *always* gets you out when you bat?

Meet

Chairman of Selectors
Possibly it won't happen to a legend.
And I am still not able to understand that where you will use those round buttons.

Meet

Chairman of Selectors
@Meet: The round buttons will be used for headers like you did in your .psd's.
Yeah fine.:)

Take these as a gift in return for your hardwork:
CH.png

CricketHeroes.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread