Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Online Cricket Games Owned
Haven't encountered any. Just started up a T20 between BD and NZ on Pro difficulty, bowling first.

Found 1 very annoying bug - field settings. It's a lefty (Ryder) and a righty (Taylor) opening the batting, so I'm trying 6-3 fields for the both of them. I set the fields just fine, but when I want to change them around after they take a single, I have problems.

My field to the lefty is 6 on the off and 3 on the leg. He takes a single and Ross comes on strike. The field swaps to the one I set for him, 6-3, everyone in the exact position. That's fine. But then I go to the field editor...and the field in the field editor is the one I had for Ryder. The fielders don't swap side, and it's 3 on the off and 6 on the leg. I press cancel and return to the game, but my field now to Taylor is 3 on the off and 6 on the leg. It's the exact field I had for Ryder, but the fielders don't swap over.

So yea, the problem here is that the field you had for the previous ball is what is being shown when you go to the editor, and it doesn't recognise when the batsmen cross strike, and instead of recalling the last field setting you had to the current batsman, it recalls the field you had set for the previous ball, which in my case, was very annoying since it was a lefty and a righty and naturally they'd have different fields.

Also, quite easy to control the run-rate on Pro ATM. They're 14-0 in 3.3, with the only boundary having come off the first ball. I'm setting packed offside fields and bowling outside off, and they keep finding the fielders or poking it past them to deep point for singles. I've tried the faster ball variations but no wickets so far, but yea, not having a hard time keeping them in check. Lets see if that changes.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
In the last 5 overs of the T20 I wasn't allowed to put more than 2 men out of the 30 yard ring...is that a bug or deliberate?

NZ made just 108/4 in their 20 overs, bit disappointing. Shouldn't be so easy to restrict any lineup just by using custom fields. For the large part they kept hitting it in the offside with my packed offside field. Only in the last over did they play some shots across the line. They tried a few lofted hits, but no sixes, and got a handful of boundaries from when they found the gaps in the offside, or when I strayed in line and was too straight. Otherwise, no real hassle.

Meet

Chairman of Selectors
NZ made just 108/4 in their 20 overs, bit disappointing. Shouldn't be so easy to restrict any lineup just by using custom fields. For the large part they kept hitting it in the offside with my packed offside field. Only in the last over did they play some shots across the line. They tried a few lofted hits, but no sixes, and got a handful of boundaries from when they found the gaps in the offside, or when I strayed in line and was too straight. Otherwise, no real hassle.
Thats the point which I even raised in the previous thread for the leg side shots which are too much restricted.Have you bat?If yes you will notice that you will be hardly able to play leg side shots and off side shots would be in majority.Though for the lefties the condition is still good but for the righties, its worst.I hope it will be fixed.:)

kurtkz

Game Developer
@ZoraxDoom: thanks for the feedback - thats exactly what i'm looking for. I'm going to tweak the AI to take more risks and hold off on releasing a new update until Monday.

@Meet: i think you're misunderstanding ZoraxDoom. He's saying that the computer doesn't hit across the line enough, so it's easy to restrict the scoring.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Because I bowled outside offstump :p Kurt's right, they weren't hitting across the line.

On that note, when I batted, I did score a lot on the offside because that's where the computer bowled. I couldn't hit straight balls on the offside, and if I shuffled across I could hit legside.

Batting is tricky on hard against quicks since the marker shows up late, a little too late IMO to play a shot. I had to slightly pre-meditate, usually backing away a bit and hoping the ball was on the offisde...and on that note, how do you defend on this game? :P I assume it's the Up button plus front foot/back foot, but not sure. Need to check that.

I noticed the comp bowling a short ball plan and a full plan, and keeping fielders where I usually hit the ball. That was nice, but when bowling changed the fields changed back to default and I could score in the same regions till they plugged it again. Plus changes of pace.

It would be nice seeing them bowl more varied plans, straighter lines.

Also, I found pace bowling too tricky on Pro, but might get used to it in more games.

Got shot out for 52 FTR :p In less than 8 overs, was scoring freely but either got runout, or mistimed shots/played the wrong line to straight balls. Edged Vettori to slip trying to hit him through the offside but played a bit late, and miscued an attempted lofted shot and was caught on the legside. Also played a front foot shot to a short ball with the number 11, it popped up in the air and was caught at mid-off. So fairly realistic dismissals, but with some practice I expect to be able to score fairly fluently.

kurtkz

Game Developer
Haven't encountered any. Just started up a T20 between BD and NZ on Pro difficulty, bowling first.

Found 1 very annoying bug - field settings. It's a lefty (Ryder) and a righty (Taylor) opening the batting, so I'm trying 6-3 fields for the both of them. I set the fields just fine, but when I want to change them around after they take a single, I have problems.

My field to the lefty is 6 on the off and 3 on the leg. He takes a single and Ross comes on strike. The field swaps to the one I set for him, 6-3, everyone in the exact position. That's fine. But then I go to the field editor...and the field in the field editor is the one I had for Ryder. The fielders don't swap side, and it's 3 on the off and 6 on the leg. I press cancel and return to the game, but my field now to Taylor is 3 on the off and 6 on the leg. It's the exact field I had for Ryder, but the fielders don't swap over.

So yea, the problem here is that the field you had for the previous ball is what is being shown when you go to the editor, and it doesn't recognise when the batsmen cross strike, and instead of recalling the last field setting you had to the current batsman, it recalls the field you had set for the previous ball, which in my case, was very annoying since it was a lefty and a righty and naturally they'd have different fields.

Also, quite easy to control the run-rate on Pro ATM. They're 14-0 in 3.3, with the only boundary having come off the first ball. I'm setting packed offside fields and bowling outside off, and they keep finding the fielders or poking it past them to deep point for singles. I've tried the faster ball variations but no wickets so far, but yea, not having a hard time keeping them in check. Lets see if that changes.

Bugger, I thought I fixed the fielding bug previously - have fixed it in the new version :) I've also done a bit of tinkering with the AI aggressiveness and I *think* it does a better job of taking risks if it needs to...I think :)

----------

Because I bowled outside offstump :p Kurt's right, they weren't hitting across the line.

On that note, when I batted, I did score a lot on the offside because that's where the computer bowled. I couldn't hit straight balls on the offside, and if I shuffled across I could hit legside.

Batting is tricky on hard against quicks since the marker shows up late, a little too late IMO to play a shot. I had to slightly pre-meditate, usually backing away a bit and hoping the ball was on the offisde...and on that note, how do you defend on this game? :P I assume it's the Up button plus front foot/back foot, but not sure. Need to check that.

I noticed the comp bowling a short ball plan and a full plan, and keeping fielders where I usually hit the ball. That was nice, but when bowling changed the fields changed back to default and I could score in the same regions till they plugged it again. Plus changes of pace.

It would be nice seeing them bowl more varied plans, straighter lines.

Also, I found pace bowling too tricky on Pro, but might get used to it in more games.

Got shot out for 52 FTR :p In less than 8 overs, was scoring freely but either got runout, or mistimed shots/played the wrong line to straight balls. Edged Vettori to slip trying to hit him through the offside but played a bit late, and miscued an attempted lofted shot and was caught on the legside. Also played a front foot shot to a short ball with the number 11, it popped up in the air and was caught at mid-off. So fairly realistic dismissals, but with some practice I expect to be able to score fairly fluently.

Yup, they try to block your main scoring areas and try to bowl areas where you're scoring the fewest runs - that's the theory at least :) I'll try to adjust the aggressiveness so that they try more variations...

Glad you find the dismissals realistic - if there's anything that could be improved though, please let me know.

----------

I am now advertising this game;)

Thanks, Meet. Your help so far has been invaluable. Spread word of the game! :)

----------

In the last 5 overs of the T20 I wasn't allowed to put more than 2 men out of the 30 yard ring...is that a bug or deliberate?

Oops, my mistake - I don't know why, but I thought the first 5 and last 5 overs of a T20 have fielding restrictions. Doh! It's only the first 6 :P

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Had a much better game now.

Bangla vs. West Indies.

West Indies scored 131 in their 20 overs. Gayle scored 88, the rest struggled. I don't know if it was poorer bowling, Gayle's batting skill, or the change of ground, but he was scoring very fluently to the same plans I used against NZ. Hit a few sixes off my spinners, clearing the fielders on the fence, and a few boundaries through the packed offside fields. I might have bowled some wrong lines, but the rest were easy enough to handle, so not sure. There were also more attempts to hit across the line than in the NZ innings.

I batted a lot better this time around, I loaded their team with seamers (Edwards, Bravo, Pollard and Rampaul I believe) with only Gayle bowling spin. A few shots across the line cost me my wickets, but the runouts hurt the most. I ended up 125 a/o in the final over. All the runouts now though were my mistake, and not due to pressing I repeatedly. I called for them when they weren't there. Quite annoying.

I noticed the jump in difficulty when batting with the tailenders, which was good. I only needed about 7 an over for the last 3 overs, but struggled to get it with the tailenders, while with my top order I had raced to 52 runs in 6 overs but lost 2-3 wickets on the way.

I also found it harder to bat when they could set the field back and with the middle order, as I couldn't just use the A and D buttons while on the front foot to hit any ball and hope it flies past the infield. I needed to play short balls on the back foot and full ones on the front foot. That was hard for me with the game speed and the late appearance of the markers, but I'll get the hang of it eventually. It's good that it's so challenging.

It was also fun seeing how they set their fields to where I was scoring, and having to change my shots.

One thing I'd like to see is more time in between deliveries. The game went by in a blur. Also, I had instant replay off, so when a wicket fell it didn't say who fell and to which bowler and how. I'd like to see that appear on the screen even though instant replay isn't switched on.

I also mistimed some shots, and the ball rolled to the sides. No one went to field it, so I went for a run, and got the run. It was only halfway through that run did the keeper realise he should go and get the ball. Nothing major, and happened only twice in the whole innings, but it's a bug.

And for the record, I managed to score fluently enough on both sides.

Meet

Chairman of Selectors
Some more bugs/suggestions-
1.In the simulation screen first over is written as 0
2.90% times toss is won by the opposition and they always chose to bat.
3.WK is not shown in field radar.
4.Is it so if front foot/back foot button is pressed twice, the shot gets converted to lofted?I have noticed it quite many times.If its done intentionally please remove it.
5.I am sure that I was in but still it was given out.May be introduction of 3rd umpire?
6.And don't you feel grounds are too small(60m) boundary?:pAnd even though six is hitted for a long distance(max. 68m) it bounces back to around 61m.I guess it should be increased and ball shouldn't be allowed to bounce back.And if possible make the ball go for long distance.(as far as it can)

----------

Contact me if you need a new scorebar and umpire's buttons.

----------

A free hit button would be good.

kurtkz

Game Developer
Some more bugs/suggestions-
1.In the simulation screen first over is written as 0
2.90% times toss is won by the opposition and they always chose to bat.
3.WK is not shown in field radar.
4.Is it so if front foot/back foot button is pressed twice, the shot gets converted to lofted?I have noticed it quite many times.If its done intentionally please remove it.
5.I am sure that I was in but still it was given out.May be introduction of 3rd umpire?
6.And don't you feel grounds are too small(60m) boundary?:pAnd even though six is hitted for a long distance(max. 68m) it bounces back to around 61m.I guess it should be increased and ball shouldn't be allowed to bounce back.And if possible make the ball go for long distance.(as far as it can)

----------

Contact me if you need a new scorebar and umpire's buttons.

----------

A free hit button would be good.

Hi Meet,

good feedback :)

1. Do you mean it's written as 0 even when there are balls bowled?

2. Oops, that was a bug, it was supposed to let the player win 99% of the tosses - this has been fixed, but I've lowered it to 90%.

3. Added the wicketkeeper as a blue-ish circle on the radar now.

4. It's not intentional, it's probably just hitting the splice or you're getting a top/leading edge .

5. That's not a bad idea - I think I'll also add UDRS referrals to Test matches.

6. The field sizes are actually pretty accurate (can't remember the source anymore, but the horizontal and vertical boundary distances should be as they are in real life). I removed the ball bouncing back part and have also increased the distance the ball travels when going for six.

If you want to contribute new graphics, you don't need to ask, Meet. Just send them my way with a description of what they are. Also keep in mind I need them in their basic form - so no text, dropshadows and the rest. That gets added in the game :)

Cheers
Kurt

----------

Had a much better game now.

Bangla vs. West Indies.

West Indies scored 131 in their 20 overs. Gayle scored 88, the rest struggled. I don't know if it was poorer bowling, Gayle's batting skill, or the change of ground, but he was scoring very fluently to the same plans I used against NZ. Hit a few sixes off my spinners, clearing the fielders on the fence, and a few boundaries through the packed offside fields. I might have bowled some wrong lines, but the rest were easy enough to handle, so not sure. There were also more attempts to hit across the line than in the NZ innings.

I batted a lot better this time around, I loaded their team with seamers (Edwards, Bravo, Pollard and Rampaul I believe) with only Gayle bowling spin. A few shots across the line cost me my wickets, but the runouts hurt the most. I ended up 125 a/o in the final over. All the runouts now though were my mistake, and not due to pressing I repeatedly. I called for them when they weren't there. Quite annoying.

I noticed the jump in difficulty when batting with the tailenders, which was good. I only needed about 7 an over for the last 3 overs, but struggled to get it with the tailenders, while with my top order I had raced to 52 runs in 6 overs but lost 2-3 wickets on the way.

I also found it harder to bat when they could set the field back and with the middle order, as I couldn't just use the A and D buttons while on the front foot to hit any ball and hope it flies past the infield. I needed to play short balls on the back foot and full ones on the front foot. That was hard for me with the game speed and the late appearance of the markers, but I'll get the hang of it eventually. It's good that it's so challenging.

It was also fun seeing how they set their fields to where I was scoring, and having to change my shots.

One thing I'd like to see is more time in between deliveries. The game went by in a blur. Also, I had instant replay off, so when a wicket fell it didn't say who fell and to which bowler and how. I'd like to see that appear on the screen even though instant replay isn't switched on.

I also mistimed some shots, and the ball rolled to the sides. No one went to field it, so I went for a run, and got the run. It was only halfway through that run did the keeper realise he should go and get the ball. Nothing major, and happened only twice in the whole innings, but it's a bug.

And for the record, I managed to score fluently enough on both sides.

As always, excellent feedback, ZoraxDoom. Just to recap on the bugs you found:

- game moves too quickly
- fall of wicket wasn't announced
- sometimes ball wasn't fielded immediately
- marker appears too late on Pro level
- run outs occur too easily (?)

I've managed to fix the first 4 of these, but I need some help on the last one. What would make running between wickets easier? Maybe some sort of sensor that lets you know that you're going to be in trouble when taking a run? Maybe a flashing exclamation mark can appear above the bastmens heads when they're in danger?

Cheers
Kurt

Meet

Chairman of Selectors
so no text, dropshadows and the rest
So how will you know that what a particular part of the psd is about?
Anyways I have divided the psd's into many groups in which you disable the one which includes text.

----------

4. It's not intentional, it's probably just hitting the splice or you're getting a top/leading edge .
If it isn't than 90% of times I press the button twice the sot is a lofted one.

Last edited:

Meet

Chairman of Selectors
6. The field sizes are actually pretty accurate (can't remember the source anymore, but the horizontal and vertical boundary distances should be as they are in real life). I removed the ball bouncing back part and have also increased the distance the ball travels when going for six.
lol, but the ground at Rajkot, Gujarat(:p) have a boundary distance of about 60m, where 400 was scored in an ODI match.And as you know that the likes of Pollard have hitted sixes around 102m(:p), and I would be more than happy to do the same in the game.:PAnd ATM every ground is of same size and structure and thus there's no uniqueness in any of the stadiums.You can make them unique by making small and big ground according to their real specifications.You can even make different pitches for different stadiums(wet, dry, green, etc.).And the bounce, spin, etc. depends on the pitch you are playing on.You can give all this info(like if this pitch is wet,dry,etc., if this pitch has bounce, spin,etc., if this pitch will support bowlers or batsman, etc, etc) in the stadium selection window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread